PDA

View Full Version : Does mapthis 4.99 290 eboot sork on 3.40oe?

Gene
June 20th, 2007, 18:42
Basically the title says it all.

I have a 3.40oe psp and I'm hopefully going to recieve the 290 tomorrow and i have been using the holux eboot to be able to look at maps because for some reason the 290 eboot crashes after a few seconds.

Guys i'm just wondering will the 290 eboot work with 3.40oe if i plug the 290 in or is there some sort of bug that doesn't let it work on 3.40oe?

Please I really want an answer because I am finally getting a psp-290 and i really hope I can make everything work.

Nylon32
June 20th, 2007, 18:51
works fine for me using 0.499 a PSP 290 unit and 3.40OE in 1.50 Kernel

Gene
June 20th, 2007, 19:13
Thanks a lot!

Codaz
June 23rd, 2007, 19:10
works fine for me using 0.499 a PSP 290 unit and 3.40OE in 1.50 Kernel

Why in 1.50 kernel ?

popsonhops
June 23rd, 2007, 19:38
ok dumb question but to switch kernels I just put the files in the game150 folder?

foolish47
June 26th, 2007, 04:41
I've been messing with my psp all day since i got my p290. I get the blue screen when i start up the Map this program and it just shuts off when it says, "Loading USB Accessory Module..." then shuts off the psp. I went through MHOUSE947's video walkthrough and downloaded all programs even the 3.40 OE .prx files. It was very helpful. I just think I missed something or a setting. Like do you do anything with src folder in mapviewer folder, or the system EBOOT.pbp file?

Any help is awesome thanks!

webznz
June 26th, 2007, 07:18
as it sounds like you went through all the shit i went through! and i know what your talking about when you say 'i been through the video tutorials and shit.. cause imo the SUCK!.. all of theM!

okay so you got 3.40 oe okay what you need to do now is download this.
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/939 (mapthis V0.4)
and
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=378940#post378940 ( MapThis0497_beta.rar)

there are newer versions but this is what i have tested so far and is what works with m system that is simliar to you .. okay here come the steps.

1, go to download folder example (C:\***\mapViewer_v04\ ( you will see four folders here you only want to copy the src folder first..)

2, plug ur psp into you pc and put your (src) folder onto your psp here -- H:\ (the root directory of your formated psp memorie card)

3, make a folder on your psp card call it GAME303 here -- H:\PSP ( so when the folder is opened it looks like this -- H:\PSP\GAME303

4, go to C:\***\mapViewer_v04\1.5 and copy the Mapviewer folder over to -- H:\PSP\GAME303 so now it looks like this -- H:\PSP\GAME303\mapViewer ( you will see a few files in here which soon you will replace with the update you downloaded.)

(test this see if it works.. it should if not.... ****.)

moving onto update "MapThis0497_beta.rar"

1, open psp memorie card and replace the 'Src' file found at the root of your memoorie card with the updated one you downloaded.

2, open -- H:\PSP\GAME303\mapViewer and replace the system file with the one in the 'eboot' file with the one found here -- C:\**\MapThis0497_beta\MapThis0497_beta\

3, and final thing to do is replace the 'eboot' file on ur psp found here-- H:\PSP\GAME303\mapViewer with the file you downloaded found here the 'eboot' file with the one found here -- C:\**\MapThis0497_beta\MapThis0497_beta\PSP-290_EBOOT

Oh god.. my head hurts.. i think thats it.. have to go so i cant proof read this .. hope it helps.. just a quick guide.. i hope you get it working..

webznz
June 26th, 2007, 07:22
hold on.. there are three more files that seemed to help me... they are called usbgps.prx - usbacc.prx and gps you put them into your Mapviewer folder in GAME303 and it should work sweet!!.. thing is i cant remeber where i got these files from.... ill have a look round for you.

or whats your e-mail addy and ill send them to you they are very small.. but seem to be the fixes i needed when i installed my shit!

popsonhops
June 27th, 2007, 15:42
hold on.. there are three more files that seemed to help me... they are called usbgps.prx - usbacc.prx and gps you put them into your Mapviewer folder in GAME303 and it should work sweet!!.. thing is i cant remeber where i got these files from.... ill have a look round for you.

or whats your e-mail addy and ill send them to you they are very small.. but seem to be the fixes i needed when i installed my shit!

I have the first 2 files but the last file "gps" I cant find or did you forget to apply an extension?

Pops

popsonhops
June 27th, 2007, 15:56
Still Confused
Can you explain this a little further?

"1, go to download folder example (C:\***\mapViewer_v04\ ( you will see four folders here you only want to copy the src folder first..)"

In the Mapviewer_v04 folder there is NO "SRC" folder.. just the "Source_Code"
Are you confusing the Beta with the v04?
Now WAY confused...
POPS

FatesWebb
June 27th, 2007, 19:33
as it sounds like you went through all the shit i went through! and i know what your talking about when you say 'i been through the video tutorials and shit.. cause imo the SUCK!.. all of theM!

okay so you got 3.40 oe okay what you need to do now is download this.
http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/939 (mapthis V0.4)
and
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=378940#post378940 ( MapThis0497_beta.rar)

there are newer versions but this is what i have tested so far and is what works with m system that is simliar to you .. okay here come the steps.

1, go to download folder example (C:\***\mapViewer_v04\ ( you will see four folders here you only want to copy the src folder first..)

2, plug ur psp into you pc and put your (src) folder onto your psp here -- H:\ (the root directory of your formated psp memorie card)

3, make a folder on your psp card call it GAME303 here -- H:\PSP ( so when the folder is opened it looks like this -- H:\PSP\GAME303

4, go to C:\***\mapViewer_v04\1.5 and copy the Mapviewer folder over to -- H:\PSP\GAME303 so now it looks like this -- H:\PSP\GAME303\mapViewer ( you will see a few files in here which soon you will replace with the update you downloaded.)

(test this see if it works.. it should if not.... ****.)

moving onto update "MapThis0497_beta.rar"

1, open psp memorie card and replace the 'Src' file found at the root of your memoorie card with the updated one you downloaded.

2, open -- H:\PSP\GAME303\mapViewer and replace the system file with the one in the 'eboot' file with the one found here -- C:\**\MapThis0497_beta\MapThis0497_beta\

3, and final thing to do is replace the 'eboot' file on ur psp found here-- H:\PSP\GAME303\mapViewer with the file you downloaded found here the 'eboot' file with the one found here -- C:\**\MapThis0497_beta\MapThis0497_beta\PSP-290_EBOOT

Oh god.. my head hurts.. i think thats it.. have to go so i cant proof read this .. hope it helps.. just a quick guide.. i hope you get it working..

am I missing something? why would you copy the source to your memory stick? I think that step is not needed at all.

Fw