PDA

View Full Version : Sonic Rivals 2 officially announced, includes Game Sharing

Shrygue
June 20th, 2007, 19:16
via PSP Fanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/06/20/sonic-rivals-2-officially-announced-to-include-game-sharing/)

A leaked retail release calendar accidentally revealed Sonic Rivals 2 a little too early. However, Sega has officially announced the title today. This PSP-exclusive sequel will feature a revamped rival "jostling" gameplay system for tighter head-to-head competition. (One of the problems of the first title was how limited conflicts were between the racers.) A brand new Battle mode allows two players to jump into six different multiplayer challenges. With Game Sharing, players will be able to partake in the challenges with just one UMD. Power-ups have been improved for the sequel, giving gamers a fairer chance at competing.

In addition, Miles "Tails" Prower and other new characters have been added to the playable roster. A new single-player Free play mode will allow characters to explore each level at their own pace. Just as before, each character in the game will also have their own unique signature moves.

Finally, card collection returns in Sonic Rivals 2: it now features more than 150 collectable cards, which will enable players to customize characters with new track suits, unlock PSP backgrounds, and unlock Cup Circuits. Sonic Rivals 2 is currently scheduled for a Fall release. Check out the first images of the game in our new gallery.

Screenshots (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/06/20/sonic-rivals-2-officially-announced-to-include-game-sharing/)

DarthPaul
June 20th, 2007, 19:20
That sounds great.
Finally I can prove my friend who's the best at this.
Also,that game sharing option is something that makes me want this game even more! Thanks for the news YKB!

bah
June 20th, 2007, 19:43
If only they could make an actual sonic game (sonic 2 on steroids) for the PSP with this nice 2d/3d engine rather than another sonic rivals 'racing' game.

lockrock
June 20th, 2007, 20:51
It'll be better if has a sort of adventure mode that has
a level world like the gba/ds games and co-op mode

Buddy4point0
June 21st, 2007, 00:35
i raelly didnt like the first sonic rivals, i couldnt get the hang of it. i wish they would just port sonic adventure 2 to psp. i would love that so much

JKKDARK
June 21st, 2007, 00:57
The nightmare is back. The first one sucks

h4s30
June 21st, 2007, 03:02
does sega enjoy torturing its mascot give me original sonic in or the gba sonic in 3d and sega will have gained lots of win in the gaming area hell we'll even pardon you for your latest CAS *crimes against sonic* but please sega i beg of you stop animal abuse hedgehogs have feelings too!!

Basil Zero
June 22nd, 2007, 03:33
the first one was ok, it was writhe with bugs and glitches

hopefully the 2nd one will be better and from what I see and read it is :)