PDA

View Full Version : Haze 360 removed from Ubisoft release list

Shrygue
June 20th, 2007, 19:34
via Xbox 360 Fanboy (http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/06/20/haze-360-removed-from-ubisoft-release-list/)

Hey, remember back when Haze was a timed exclusive for the Playstation 3? Remember that other time when Ubisoft revealed its release schedule for Holiday 07 and Haze 360 was dated only a week after the PS3 version? We hope you do remember, because it looks like Ubisoft is trying to rewrite history. The release list, revealed only yesterday, has since been revised, removing the 360 and PC versions of Haze altogether. Joystiq points out, and so must we, that this series of events has an eerie symmetry to the initial mystery surrounding the 360 version of Assassin's Creed. Again, Ubisoft refuses to directly answer questions regarding PS3 exclusivity, saying only that the PS3 is "the only confirmed platform."

Will history repeat itself? Is Haze destined to appear as though it were a PS3 exclusive title? Perhaps more interesting, assuming that the game is coming to 360, is maintaining the illusion of exclusivity really important?

10shu
June 20th, 2007, 23:54
I m I misteaking or ubi anonced few weeks ago than haze will be exclusif to ps3 for few months and will be released on 360 and pc in 2008...

Tesseract
June 21st, 2007, 01:13
Heh. Whatever you do, don't bother asking about this on the official HAZE board. The HAZE Lead Developer Derek Littlewood (who frequents the boards as frd_neko) as well as board mods like UbiRazz are quite adamant that nothing has changed about their multi-platform strategy.

I'll take their word over some news site anyday!

Shadowblind
June 21st, 2007, 01:20
Wait, really? Well, if the official board directors say that it hasn't changed, yeah I'd take their word for it.