PDA

View Full Version : Custom Firmware 3.50 OE News

wraggster
June 20th, 2007, 22:10
the french site pspgen (http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pspgen.com%2Fmodules. php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D4181&langpair=fr%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools) have posted some details on the work being done on the unreleased Custom Firmware 3.50OE

Heres the french to english translation:

Today of exclusiveness, we reveal you the beauty of the plumage which next the custom firmware will have: the 3.50 OE.

But where the custom firmware well 3.50 OE can hide?

The 3.50 Open Edition, that several wait the instability of the last custom firmware in list, is at present under development by the energetic duet: DarK_AleX and Mathieulh.

They programmed at present 5% of your next custom firmware. You will say to us that it is well little, but they began the programming yesterday, after the examinations of DarK_AleX. We can ensure you that the 3.50 OE will be supplemented as quickly as the precedents. Let us recall that all the elements are in place, thanks to the decoding of TEAM C+D, to create this new firmware OE

The innovations are very simple, the 3.50 OE will allocate quite simply the use of the kernel 3.50. New demonstrations now require this firmware, various plays will not delay before being provided with the kernel 3.50 obligatory. In light, no large innovation, if it is not the passage to the 3.50..

So the coding is at 5%, a long way to go eh :P

Shrygue
June 20th, 2007, 22:18
This is good news to hear. I'll be looking forward to custom firmware 3.50 OE when it is finished and released to us all.

devmas
Ha, energetic duet :)

I like that. Go, go DarK_AleX and Mathieulh!

DarthPaul
5% ? Haha,better than nothing. :D

h4s30
June 20th, 2007, 22:30
huh whats going on meow???

IM back!
June 20th, 2007, 22:50
i hope the new 3.50 fw dosnt have the webbrowser memory leak.

Buddy4point0
June 20th, 2007, 22:57
nice news that thhere working on it now.
i hope they fix the wall paper problem, is any1 but me having it? like if you put on a wallpaper then run an iso stuff gets messed up

ihatepsp
June 20th, 2007, 23:21
i hope they fix the wall paper problem, is any1 but me having it? like if you put on a wallpaper then run an iso stuff gets messed up

That was from the wallpaper? I thought it was the whole firmware... I went back to 1.5 to run the iso...

Dark_Wolf89
June 20th, 2007, 23:29
Nice, it will finally come!

IMPORTANT NEWS :
The website pspgen has done an update to this news. They added this :
Stay Tuned

Vous serez alerté d'ici quelques mois d’une information, qui vous fera sauter au plafond dix fois d’affiler… Vous en saurez plus bien assez tôt ...

Restez à l’écoute sur PSPGen, parce que ça va frapper fort ! En attendant, souhaitons bon courage à DarK_AleX et Mathieulh !

It is said that we will be warned in some months of an information that will be extremely surprising. We will learn some more soon...

Stay tunes to pspgen, because it will hit hard!

What could that be???

watupgroupie
June 20th, 2007, 23:34
Nice find Dark_Wolf89 i am to wondering what this could be, hopefully something great :D Oh and everybody's saying 5% isn't much but they just started yesterday i imagine before the end of the month it'll be done, well thats as long as it usually takes him.

Triv1um
June 20th, 2007, 23:40
cool, looking forward to what dark_alex magics up =D

acn010
June 21st, 2007, 00:09
greatest new i heard so far ill be waiting for this version

oakland41
June 21st, 2007, 00:20
how do you put the background on the psp

acn010
June 21st, 2007, 00:29
recovery mode on advance option flash0

Solidsnake3000
June 21st, 2007, 01:04
man i wish he can put something so good in it that everyone will upgrade

Tesseract
June 21st, 2007, 01:06
huh whats going on meow???

ahahahaha. If Haseo joins the Healers' Guild in Part 2, I'll have to look forward to that.

"We have to rescue the Network from AIDA, meow."

As for the 3.50OE, bring it on! 5% may not sound like much, but consider how quickly he's gone from 0% to 100% in the past! ;) I'm also looking forward to innovations with the Remote Play option once Homebrewers get their hands on that!

mavsman4457
June 21st, 2007, 01:48
Ahahahaha there's nothing like a google translation to brighten up your day and confuse the crap out of you. I welcome any news that includes a long google translation in it. The fact that it is the custom firmware just doubles the goodness. I can't wait for the next big implementation to the custom firmwares though. I love those things. I hope we can get avi's to play.

maxipower90
June 21st, 2007, 02:22
2 good things to look forward to soon, Daedalus R12 and now this........ PEACE

Veskgar
June 21st, 2007, 02:43
This is really great news. I'm continually impressed with Dark_AleX and everyone else involved with the constant OE firmware updates. Dark_AleX's OE custom firmware has become such an integral part of how I use my PSP that I could not imagine using a PSP without it.

It is said that we will be warned in some months of an information that will be extremely surprising. We will learn some more soon...

Stay tunes to pspgen, because it will hit hard!

What could that be???

I don't know what it could be but its either something really good or something really bad. I don't know if I like the sound of that. We will be "warned" ??? Hopefully it won't be Dark_AleX leaving the scene or anything.

2 good things to look forward to soon, Daedalus R12 and now this........ PEACE
Don't forget gpSP 1.0 from Exophase. And also the rumored next release of Snes9xTYL.

Tesseract
June 21st, 2007, 02:48
Heh... Don't take too much stock in the wording. It's a patchy translation at best, and could very much mean something like 'alerted'.

Considering the rest of the tone of the article, it definitely sounds like something good. If it was something bad, he'd likely have said something specific right off.

mikebeaver
June 21st, 2007, 02:55

Don't forget gpSP 1.0 from Exophase. And also the rumored next release of Snes9xTYL.

What's this about a gpsp version 1.0? I didn't hear anything about this yet, would be nice if it happens, but it seems to run pretty well as it is at the moment, and a snes9x TYL update would be nice.

On the subject of 3.50 OE-A, it will be good to see that the home-brew scene can keep up with Sony in the firmware department, and the words of warning for several months down the line are very intriguing, that's for sure....we can only sit a wait for the news I guess.

Ryupowerup
June 21st, 2007, 03:20
gpSP development (http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/)
look here
for gpSP info

purple_goat
June 21st, 2007, 03:20
I hope it fixes the problems in the psx emu..
(it was perfect on 3.10..)

Ryupowerup
June 21st, 2007, 03:22
psx emu problems?
like what

ALL my games run
good on 3.40 OE-A
some game need the right game id to run

fpcreator2000
June 21st, 2007, 04:31
Good work guys. Keep it up. This goes to Dark-Alex, Mathieulh, and the guys of DCEMU, and also let's not forget Team C + D.

hmong
June 21st, 2007, 04:33
5% is better than nothing. And I hope the PS3 recognizes it as a PSP(hope you see this Dark_Alex)

Sterist
June 21st, 2007, 04:56
the two-armed man to the right of that guy a little beyond the lefter of the thing

siulmagic
June 21st, 2007, 06:48
have you guys heard the new 3.50 fw will finally allow commercial games to run at the PSP's full 333mhz CPU speed.

no i dont now it that will affect older games but even so its is something good to look foward in upcoming games good job sony

nomi
June 21st, 2007, 08:11
GREAt... 3.50... KEEP UP THE WORK DARK ALEX!

Veskgar
June 21st, 2007, 08:40
have you guys heard the new 3.50 fw will finally allow commercial games to run at the PSP's full 333mhz CPU speed.

no i dont now it that will affect older games but even so its is something good to look foward in upcoming games good job sony

We've been able to play games at 266 & 333 MHz for quite some time now thanks to various homebrew/ custom firmware solutions. So that won't be anything too new to homebrew users. What will be good is if SONY and their 3rd party developers can make better games that utilize the higher CPU speed.

DarthPaul
June 21st, 2007, 09:51
A better translation of the PSP-Gen thingy:

Stay Tuned,you will be alerted before some months of an information, which will blow you up in the ceiling ten times to sharpen.You will know definitely enough about this early... Stay tuned to PSPGen, because this will going to knock! In the meantime let us wish good courage to DarK_AleX and Mathieulh!

tvrstl
June 21st, 2007, 10:58
well, this will than take about 20 days to get ready at that speed, hmm..

But I Like it;)

gunntims0103
June 21st, 2007, 13:41
5% ey?

I'm just happy that they have started working on the next OE and i anxiously await the next release :)

Dark_Wolf89
June 21st, 2007, 15:39
Thanks darthpaul, your translation is better than mine!
(I'm not that good in english!)

mike03$$$
June 21st, 2007, 15:49
Isn't this custom firmware going to be difficult because didn't sony change the prx's in 3.50 to elf files so I was thinking u know how we still flash back to 1.50 wouldn't those elf files have a problem with flashing back into prxs or when we flash back to 1.50 it erases the whole 3.50 then it flashes the 1.50 files

Sonicboy 101
June 21st, 2007, 15:53
Ha, I can't wait for this! :thumbup:

Cloudhunter
June 21st, 2007, 17:24
Isn't this custom firmware going to be difficult because didn't sony change the prx's in 3.50 to elf files so I was thinking u know how we still flash back to 1.50 wouldn't those elf files have a problem with flashing back into prxs or when we flash back to 1.50 it erases the whole 3.50 then it flashes the 1.50 files

Downgrading to 1.50 will be the same as ever...

Cloudy

jerrt
June 21st, 2007, 19:52
i'm glad they got over their little hitch that dark alex mentioned. I can't wait.

Basil Zero
June 22nd, 2007, 03:42
Taking their time is best to fix all the bugs and glitches

Also a big announcement...hmm....a..PS2 emulation LMAO

that would be nice though i doubt it

perhaps a better PSX built in emulator?

Gpsp 1.0 sounds interesting didnt hear about it till now also cant wait for the next SNES 9x tyl, hope it has Sleep mode support :)

SpacemanSpiff
June 22nd, 2007, 05:02
Doesn't sleep mode work with Ruka's latest build of SNES9X? I'm pretty sure it does but I haven't used it in a while.
EDIT: I guess not :/

Spyzius
June 28th, 2007, 15:51
when it will release?

rbervoets
June 28th, 2007, 16:06
[Edited out]

whookidd2009
June 28th, 2007, 22:15
I kow this is not the forum about making a psp-290 work on a North American psp but i thought that since it is an official site i could get some type of help. I just got a psp-290 for the purpose of being able to have a gps combined with a gaming system today. The question is can anyone walk me through every step and help me through setting it up because i don't want to mess my psp up, it is a great piece of technology and i would be very mad if i messed it up. If someone can help me either post reply to this post or tpye to my myspace site. it is http://myspace.com/theonethatruinstheworld . being that im pretty desperate i will even post my number, 1-409-853-1494. Please don't advise me not to post my number i know it is a dumb act on my part but i would like to be able to use the psp instead of risk screwing it up.
-Buster

tallica
June 29th, 2007, 00:43
Just keeps getting better and better, thanks dark alex keep up the good work!

Lodis
June 29th, 2007, 01:47
A better translation of the PSP-Gen thingy:

which will blow you up in the ceiling ten times to sharpen....

I think it is great that they are working on a 3.50 OE but the part about the ceiling sounds kind of dangerous and painful. :eek:

jurkevicz
June 29th, 2007, 18:00
I hope DA waits and releas 3.51 OEA. I know there's nothing added to it, but why not...

burrito
June 29th, 2007, 18:05
I hope DA waits and releas 3.51 OEA. I know there's nothing added to it, but why not...
You are retarded. The only new thing in 3.51 is the Lumines exploit is patched. Why would DA stop making 3.50 OE, then start at the beginning of 3.51 OE just to patch an exploit??

jurkevicz
June 29th, 2007, 18:31
Because it's the same F*ckin firmware you idiot. Why not just do 3.51? BTW you are the retard.