PDA

View Full Version : 3.50 unlisted feature

siulmagic
June 21st, 2007, 07:15
PSP firmware 3.50 carries, one important feature that's apparently been unlisted is that this latest fw release will finally allow commercial games to run at the PSP's full 333mhz CPU speed.

Mister Klownes
June 21st, 2007, 08:16
oooooh. If only I knew where that'd be useful. Sounds like a mighty boone, nonetheless

Cloudhunter
June 21st, 2007, 15:46
Never seen a source for this information :confused:

Source?

Cloudy

mikebeaver
June 21st, 2007, 16:12
besides there being no source to validate this, it is fairly pointless, it isnt like it will make much of a difference to the homebrew community anyhow, as we have had access to this for a very long time, Just means that Sony will allow devs to use more power on PSP- so games can run a little quicker, have a higher frame rate etc, the down side to this will obviously be GREATLY reduced battery life, so here's hopeing Sony have a nice new battery to sell everyone, heh :

onetwentyeight
June 21st, 2007, 16:12
i was under the impression that the psx games ran at 333 along with certain regular retail titles. guess i was wrong. say goodbye to your batteries, kiddos, unless you're still hooked on genesis and snes emus.

yoshinatsu
June 21st, 2007, 16:14
PSP firmware 3.50 carries, one important feature that's apparently been unlisted is that this latest fw release will finally allow commercial games to run at the PSP's full 333mhz CPU speed.

Heh. Seems Sony finally realized that PSP needs MORE.
More of anything. More games, more support, more attention, more CPU speed, more sales, more everything.
But how will they defend their battery if games start using 333MHz?:rolleyes:
By releasing an official 2x battery? Nahh, I'd need a bigger one. Things have to become BIG. Now that the 8GB Memory Sticks are affordable, we need bigger capacity batteries, right?:p

i was under the impression that the psx games ran at 333 along with certain regular retail titles.
I think PSOne games DO run at 333MHz, but no PSP game (officially) runs at 333MHz.

Psyberjock
June 21st, 2007, 16:27
I'm pretty sure this was the case ever since 1.0. It only depends on the software title. If a UMD specifies that the PSP will run 333, it runs 333.

There's been speculation that titles have run under 333 in the past. In the case of MHP2nd, I have first hand knowledge that it does run under 333 without any modification or additional help. Once you turn on the preloading and enter the multiplayer arena, your PSP stops charging the battery and goes to plugged in only mode.

Unless this is hinting at an ability to set the CPU speed to a constant 333 from within the XMB, the article is BS and comes from someone trying to get some attention.

DarthPaul
June 21st, 2007, 16:30
Hmm...great?
I don't know what to say here,I don't even know why I'm writing this comment. I want to stop but I just can't.
Oh right,the topic. Well,it looks like Sony is giving some attention to the PSP at last. I thought that this firmware upgrades were worthless,that they made them to bring more "security" to the PSP. But I was wrong.

`The0n3
June 21st, 2007, 16:38
Im pretty sure this was already there like a few firmwares ago.

carlitx
June 21st, 2007, 16:47
Heh. Seems Sony finally realized that PSP needs MORE.
More of anything. More games, more support, more attention, more CPU speed, more sales, more everything.
But how will they defend their battery if games start using 333MHz?:rolleyes:
By releasing an official 2x battery? Nahh, I'd need a bigger one. Things have to become BIG. Now that the 8GB Memory Sticks are affordable, we need bigger capacity batteries, right?:p

I think PSOne games DO run at 333MHz, but no PSP game (officially) runs at 333MHz.

psone games do run at 333

Flatland
June 21st, 2007, 17:13
i don't know if someone will believe this.

try to load your psp on a recovery mode

go to:
CPU Speed ->

Speed in XMB (currently Default)
Speed in UMD/ISO (currently Default)

try to click X
u can configure it to the speed you want up to the max of 333.

i have a game pimp my ride and the game sound cool because of the title but when i go play it the game is so logg and the graphics sucks too so i try to change both speed XMB & UMD/ISO and it runs fast but graphics dont change...

also on my prince of persia revelation... that have some loogs

try it and u will know the difference....

DarthPaul
June 21st, 2007, 17:38
i don't know if someone will believe this.

try to load your psp on a recovery mode

go to:
CPU Speed ->

Speed in XMB (currently Default)
Speed in UMD/ISO (currently Default)

try to click X
u can configure it to the speed you want up to the max of 333.

........that was sarcastic,right?

I mean,are you kidding? Everyone knows that already.
Oh and sorry if I hurt your feelings of excitement,but,did you think that you discover something new?

ab88
June 21st, 2007, 17:40
i have a game pimp my ride and the game sound cool because of the title but when i go play it the game is so logg and the graphics sucks too so i try to change both speed XMB & UMD/ISO and it runs fast but graphics dont change...

also on my prince of persia revelation... that have some loogs

try it and u will know the difference....

Flatland that has nothing to do with the subject being talked about. This refers to official firmware giving users the option to max out their clock settings.
By the way I don't get what you mean by "but graphics don't change..." they are not supposed to change. A higher clock speed simply means the psp is able to compute more at once. The code is still the same it just gets done and rendered faster.

Flatland
June 21st, 2007, 18:03
i see, im cool....

sorry guys my bad
too late.....

`The0n3
June 21st, 2007, 19:02
You have completely lost me flatland..

Flatland
June 21st, 2007, 19:25
peace my brother .........

is everyone cool? so tell me something interesting and new for psp... and so i can find out how i do convert my flash game project i created with my professor...... called attack of the eggs :thumbup: its a cool game :cool:

jerrt
June 21st, 2007, 19:53
i was wondering about this because if i force 300 to run at 222 it runs slow, once i bump it up to 333 it runs great. surly that game must cause it to kick into 333 normally.

ish420ism
June 21st, 2007, 20:34
For the noobs, bump up the mhz, in recovery mode of your OE CFW.
Not only do the games improve in performance, but the web browser load pages much, much quicker.

Buddy4point0
June 21st, 2007, 21:19
hm if this is true then thats great but im not sure it is.
i rember in a god of war interview they wanted to run at 333 and said that then they could pretty much make it ps2 like and you could fit so much more in. but they had to do 222. so i highly doubt this is true, bnut if it is thats awsome and psp graphics and games will get better because of this

Flatland
June 21st, 2007, 23:47
now many are believing in my luck there's nothing to improve your psp if u dont explore its capabilities like Dark_Alex do to his psp don't just w8 to the pro to know all the new changes make some in your own way be pro not just from the pro, but from you :cool:

we all pro.....

Thank You to Dark_Alex And To DCEMU forum and Admins

:thumbup:

burrito
June 21st, 2007, 23:50
What the hell is this doing in the PSP News section? This is NOT news.

purple_goat
June 22nd, 2007, 04:59
erm.. 3.40 oea can run isos at 333mhz..
(make BIG difference, try it, in config in recovery menu)

DarthPaul
June 22nd, 2007, 05:57
now many are believing in my luck there's nothing to improve your psp if u dont explore its capabilities like Dark_Alex do to his psp don't just w8 to the pro to know all the new changes make some in your own way be pro not just from the pro, but from you :cool:

Lmao! Are you feeling cool?

PSmonkey
June 22nd, 2007, 05:59
Qj (where the rumors from) botched the rumor. There is some truth to it.

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2007/06/21/rumour-firmware-3-50-to-unlock-266mhz-limit/

[Andrew's note: Older games will not run at the higher clock speed. However, any new games developed from this point onwards will be able to utilize the full clock speed of the PSP. This is intrinsic to firmware 3.50, and any new games that require 333MHz will need firmware 3.50 or above.]

Thats more accurate.

groovemaster303
June 22nd, 2007, 09:26
Good post there PSmonkey.

Of course we can all use 333mhz in Dark Alex's OE firmware. I guess some people don't realize is if you have a PSP with Sony's official firmware and you don't or can't run homebrew then your PSP games are locked to run at 222mhz, a measure used by Sony to extend battery life etc.

it's only because of programs like DA's custom firmware, we can overide that default clockspeed to 333mhz which gives a noticable improvement in framerate in most games.

Flatland
June 22nd, 2007, 23:19
thank's guys for believing.... this message ends here :thumbup: