PDA

View Full Version : CPS III Emulation a reality!

fpcreator2000
June 21st, 2007, 09:33
Elsemi has release a working TEST version of his CPS III emulator.

CPS III is the arcade board used to run the following games:

Jojo's Venture
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Heritage of the Future
Street Fighter III New Generations
Street Fighter III 2d Impact - Giant Attack
Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - Fight for the Future
Warzard / Red Earth

The emulator is a test version so please do not e-mail the author with bug issues.

The emulator can be dowloaded in the Nebula Homepage,
http://nebula.emulatronia.com/

NOTE: The website is in english, but the forums are in spanish.

rehbock
June 21st, 2007, 16:22
Nice ! ;)

DarthPaul
June 21st, 2007, 16:24
Awesome news!
But is this for PSP? It doesn't mention anything about it.

Baboon
June 21st, 2007, 16:38
Even at beta stage all the already games run very nicely!

Happy days. :)

Zombo
June 21st, 2007, 16:39
Wow this is fun! :P (Though a few graphical bugs Street Fighter 2nd Impact is playable for me :P)

darthhaze420
June 21st, 2007, 17:16
is this for the psp or pc ?

Zombo
June 21st, 2007, 17:32
It's for the PC.
I just beat Third Strike with Ken...After losing to Gill about 3 times!:(

ab88
June 21st, 2007, 17:44
is this for the psp or pc ?

PC it's an exe file. It probably will never reach the PSP at a playable speed anytime soon (if it is even possible).

edit: beat by 10 minutes, apparently I took too long reading the other article :P

MicroNut
June 21st, 2007, 17:47
SWEET!
Capcom System3 emulation at last.
Not PSP news but awesome none the less.

fpcreator2000
June 21st, 2007, 18:07
I know spanish, and I've heard mentioning on the board (I could be wrong) about it being ported to the PSP the same way MAME4ALL was ported, but I would take it with a grain of salt as it is just a speculation, and the author has not mentioned anything regarding porting to PSP (at least to my knowledge).

And yes, this is for PC as it is an exe file.

All the games function except for some graphical errors, but otherwise they function. It seems they run at full speed only because not all of the textures are being loaded into memory which will slow down the emulator considerably.

The only thing I can hope for is that NJ creates an emulator for the PSP just as he has done in the past with his excellent CPS-I, CPS-II, and Neogeo emulators.

Hawq
June 21st, 2007, 18:57
Good to see a test versions out for this one, theres was a test mame the other day with it & now of course with the latest mame source.diff update most versions of mame that appear will have it as well so theres a reasonable amount of choice to be had. And now theres a romcenter & clrmamepro .dat for checking the games will run, grab it from here (http://www.logiqx.com/Dats/CPS3Emulator/)

`The0n3
June 21st, 2007, 18:58
Why is this in psp news. :\

Baboon
June 21st, 2007, 20:07
Why is this in psp news. :\

Its not in psp news? :confused:

Back on topic... bring on the xbox and psp incarnations of cps3! :thumbup:

pibs
June 21st, 2007, 20:07
Nice i thought this would never get released.

has any1 tested marvel vs capcom2?

edit: nvm its for naomi

Baboon
June 21st, 2007, 20:14
Nice i thought this would never get released.

has any1 tested marvel vs capcom2?

Wrong arcade system... your going to need Naomi emulated. My advice - buy a dreamcast. :thumbup:

pibs
June 21st, 2007, 20:55
http://kotaku.com/gaming/no-rom-requests/mame-team-makes-cpsiii-emulation-fantasy-a-reality-270399.php
if you want more info on how long it took for cracking cps3 etc..
http://kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/06/sfiii_emulator_500.jpg

toymin80r
June 21st, 2007, 22:18
Cool, and i was trying to find a CPS 3 emulator like a year ago, but after a while of searching, i found out that they still haven't made an emu for it. Now i can finally see how the first two SF3's were compared to the final Third Strike version.

Basil Zero
June 22nd, 2007, 03:39
Why is this listed in the PSP section LOL

anyways good news , glad now i can play CPS3 games :)

fpcreator2000
June 22nd, 2007, 04:12
Expect the emu to be ported to the PSP either by itself or with a MAME update. Not now but in the future. I actually did not post this on Psp News, if I did it was an accident but I get the feeling that it was broadcast throughout the entire DC EMU network because I posted this (i think) on the DCEMU news thread.

Between 2nd Impact and 3rd Strike mi personal favorite is 3rd strike, but some characters have different set of moves in New generation and 2nd impact such as Sean for example. When 3rd Strike came out Seans's dragon punch was overhauled completely to the double fist dragon uppercut, before he did an uppercut, then in the middle of the air he would finish it with an overhead punch to the head.

hack.fool
June 22nd, 2007, 11:26
The only thing I can hope for is that NJ creates an emulator for the PSP just as he has done in the past with his excellent CPS-I, CPS-II, and Neogeo emulators.

yes we just need Nj for this..
Sf 3 would be awesome!!!!
the last fightin game for Psp :cool:

dgila
June 22nd, 2007, 13:19
I think it would be possible the emulation 0f this on psp
from wikipedia:

Main CPU: Hitachi HD6417099 (SH-2) at 25 MHz.
Resolution, pixels: 384×224

CPS 1 has a 16 Mhz CPU and the emulation is perfect
I don't like the games but I think it could be emulated.

Veskgar
June 22nd, 2007, 16:29
It would be fantastic if NJ eventually tries to do something with CPS3 for the PSP.

However, NJ himself had doubts about CPS2 being full speed on the PSP at first. So I would imagine that CPS3 would present even more of a challenge. But that's what NJ seems to enjoy and thrive on. The challenge of it.

XDelusion
June 28th, 2007, 02:00
Great news, but why is this taking space in the DS news sections again? :)