PDA

View Full Version : ZodTTD to do a PSX Emu for GC/Wii ?

wraggster
June 21st, 2007, 16:13
The Gamecube/Nintendo Wii Homebrew scene has been on a roll lately with many excellent emulators being released, well today Zodttd the coder behind ports of a Playstation emulator (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=457844#post457844)to many consoles has posted this in the forums here at DCEmu:

I'm willing to take it on. Guess I need to get a Wii. Exciting news about Wii / GC homebrew.

I bet I can get "fullspeed" emulation out of the GC / Wii with my teams psx4all emulator. I'll look into it.

Is there a demand for such an emulator for the GC / Wii? I ask since I normally aim to get psx4all working on handhelds. Getting it to work on a console, would mean they could just use a PS1/PS2.

Lets hope and pray he takes this on :)

YourStillWithMe
June 21st, 2007, 19:06
I had just commented on the post of the n64 emulator and how a bunch of people were going to compile one. I specifically said "Oh I think the playstation emulator would be the Holy Grail" So yeah, i'm amped about this. Just one thing to note-Try to make PS discs bootable!!!! Thatd be great so i dont have to do rip all of my 30+ games.

darkangel84
June 21st, 2007, 19:22
Try to make PS discs bootable!!!! Thatd be great so i dont have to do rip all of my 30+ games.

Wii can't read CDs, so i think the only way is to rip games on a DVD.

and... good work Zodttd

DimensionT
June 21st, 2007, 19:40
Please, PLEASE port PSX4All to the GC/Wii!!! I've gone through 3 PS1s and 2 PS2s (on my third one now), and none of them can read CDs anymore.

Sure, I can sit cramped up in my room and play my games on my computer... But it would be so much better if I could play on the bigscreen in the living room.

This would be a major contender for the GC/Wii coding compo if it's released in time!

zodttd
June 21st, 2007, 21:34
Wow, didn't even consider it for an entry, but it would make a good one huh!

I too am without a modded PS2 now. I'm strongly considering this. I'll gather some funds to get a Wii, either chipped or SDLoad.

Thanks for the support! :)

Man
June 22nd, 2007, 02:33
My advice would be a chipped Wii, thats what most people will have, and i wish you the best of luck on this, and in the long run i think that a chipped wii will be less expensive.

Emulation_Chief
June 25th, 2007, 06:06
Hello:

THE MAIN reason to mod my consoles are not free games. In fact, I bought every Dreamcast game released by GOAT Publishing. Is to test homebrew games and emulators.

It is interesting to see how capable is a machine to imitate the functions of another one very different and how cool a small developer or a single programmer can create original stuff to the machine selected to work on.

A PSX emulator on Wii will be fantastic. Booting the games from the CD instead of booting the ROM Image will be excellent. Using the classic controller will be a great addition. A very good reason to mod a Wii. I hope to recieve some news of the progress.

DimensionT
June 25th, 2007, 08:00
Like DarkAngel said... The Wii can't read CDs, so booting PSX games straight off the disk isn't going to happen. Best we can hope for in that matter is being able to burn nothing but PSX games to a DVD, then swap it while the emulator is running.

Being able to put the games on an SD card would be awesome, but that's not currently possible either. As there's no way to access the Wii's SD slot in Gamecube mode. You might be able to do it with a Gecko or any other GC memory card to SD adapter though.

pibs
June 25th, 2007, 09:04
i was just thinking about psx on wii and how diehard1 and 2 and all the shooters that used the gun accessory would kick @ss!

nr.56
June 26th, 2007, 15:44
in my opinion the best solution is a bootable dvd including the emulator and some ps1-isos (7-10) and a easy menu with game selector. :rolleyes:

wolf9545
June 27th, 2007, 21:30
If a emulator could be made to run off the SD card and then have it access the games on a dvd that would allow a newer version of the emulator to easily be updated without having to re burn a dvd each time.