PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM 0.X.0: "Tic-tac-toe edition"

wraggster
June 21st, 2007, 16:53
A new release of ScummVM (http://www.scummvm.org/?shownews=20070620.xml) for all consoles has been released, heres the full info:

ScummVM is a program which allows you to run certain classic graphical point-and-click adventure games, provided you already have their data files. The clever part about this: ScummVM just replaces the executables shipped with the game, allowing you to play them on systems for which they were never designed!

Some of the adventures ScummVM supports include Adventure Soft's Simon the Sorcerer 1 and 2; Revolution's Beneath A Steel Sky, Broken Sword 1 and Broken Sword 2; Flight of the Amazon Queen; Wyrmkeep's Inherit the Earth; Coktel Vision's Gobliiins; Westwood Studios' The Legend of Kyrandia and games based on LucasArts' SCUMM (Script Creation Utility for Maniac Mansion) system such as Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Sam and Max and more.

Heres whats new about this release:

Finally, here it is! Our long awaited, best-ever new release, ScummVM 0.X.0 (or 0.10.0, for those roman numeral challenged amongst you), code named "Tic-tac-toe edition", has arrived today. Now available in stores, err, on download servers worldwide!

"What's new? What's in it? Can I open it up yet?" - Hah, I can already see you shifting impatiently on your seats. But before you run, let me shed some light on the details of this latest installment of the successful ScummVM series:

Several new engines and thus new games supported:
Sierra AGI engine: Space Quest I & II, King's Quest I-III and many more, including a vast number of fan-made games,
Cinematique evo 1 engine: Future Wars,
GOB engine: Bargon Attack, Gobliins 2, Goblins 3, Ween: The Prophecy,
AGOS engine: Simon the Sorcerer's Puzzle Pack,
Parallaction engine: Nippon Safes Inc.,
Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer engine.
DXA movies (higher quality than MPEG2) can be compressed better now and can be used for the Broken Sword cutscenes.
Added 'Mass Add' feature to the Launcher, which allows you to scan for all games in all subdirectories of a given directory (to use it, press shift then click on "Add Game").
Many nice improvements to our ports.
And as usual a gazillion small fixes, tweaks and improvements.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

hack.fool
June 21st, 2007, 17:37
great news from Scummvm team!!
thanks guys (n_n)

..i hope Discworld is now playable

SpacemanSpiff
June 21st, 2007, 18:04
Does this play the fan remakes of King's Quest 1-3? If so, AWESOME. Hope they add SCI support for the later KQ/SQ/QFG games too.
EDIT: Probably not, I misread the changes at first.

MarcusOF
June 21st, 2007, 18:22
Woohoo :thumbup: nice work

fucht017
June 21st, 2007, 19:02
This is so f..... great...At last,the movies in Broken sword 1 and 2 are running smooth now...Remember guys when you use the newest video pack,scummVM made for broken sword 1 and 2..Copy paste the ogg files from the old version into the new one...I still love the voice acting of George Stobbart.:thumbup:..Thank you very much scummVM team...and yes Space quest 1 and kings quest 1 works fine...Still testing a few more.

Jimmy_Nixon
June 21st, 2007, 21:32
WOW!! Broken Sword works, but how do I put it on my PSP?? Do I just put the contents of the two discs onto the PSP memory card??

fucht017
June 21st, 2007, 22:30
Go to the ScummVM site..Click "Documentation"(it's on the right)..Then click "game data files"..There you find witch files you need..good luck..put the game files in the same directory where your scummVM is placed...ie in "Game" or "Game150"..

gelon
June 21st, 2007, 23:10
Gobliins 3 hangs in the color verification (original version verification i mean) ...

Robert de Clair
June 22nd, 2007, 10:10
1 in scumm menu press select and L (for set a numpad) and select again to disable vkeyboard
2 run goblins 3 and press X to skip a first screen with credits, then smoothly press select and quickly choose 1, 1, 1 :)

sometimes hanging too, but im playing right now on psp Goblins 3 :D

mr_nick666
June 22nd, 2007, 10:12
Does this play the fan remakes of King's Quest 1-3? If so, AWESOME. Hope they add SCI support for the later KQ/SQ/QFG games too.
EDIT: Probably not, I misread the changes at first.

The fan remakes of King's Quest 1-3 are not SCUMMVM compatible :( (Theyre made for PC specifically)...

WOW!! Broken Sword works, but how do I put it on my PSP?? Do I just put the contents of the two discs onto the PSP memory card??

You need to dump the contents of your CDs... If I were you (and owned the original of the game) Id look around on the internet for the files ;) (the files must be UNCOMPRESSED to work in SCUMMVM) Check the SCUMMVM site for video patches et al too :)

SpacemanSpiff
June 22nd, 2007, 15:40
The fan remakes of King's Quest 1-3 are not SCUMMVM compatible :( (Theyre made for PC specifically)...

I kind of figured that after I reread the original post... when I first read the changes I saw "KQ 1-3" and "fan-made" in the same sentence so my brain exploded and I jumped to conclusions. :)

Menome
June 25th, 2007, 02:39
This is fantastic, I've been looking for an excuse to load up Sam and Max again.:thumbup: