PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Released

wraggster
June 21st, 2007, 17:20
One of Nintendo`s biggest games of the year arrives on the Nintendo DS, over in Japan they are buying like mad The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, heres the full details about this game:

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/54/pa.92090.1.jpg

The epic story of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker continues as Link finds himself lost and alone in unknown seas in a new adventure. Featuring intuitive touch-screen controls and innovative puzzles, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass offers new challenges for fans of the series and an easy-to-grasp introduction for gamers new to The Legend of Zelda. But time grows short, and only the Phantom Hourglass can buy Link the minutes he'll need to survive.

Many months have passed since the events of The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, and Link, Tetra and Tetra's band of pirates have set sail in search of new lands. They come across a patch of ocean covered in a dense fog, in which they discover an abandoned ship. Tetra falls into danger when she explores the ship alone, and Link falls into the ocean when he attempts to rescue her. When he washes up unconscious on the shores of a mysterious island, he is awakened by the sound of a fairy's voice. With the aid of this fairy, he sets off to find Tetra – and his way back to the seas he once knew.

http://image1.play-asia.com/640/54/pa.92090.7.jpg

features
The stylus makes controlling Link easier than ever. Tap on the screen to make Link move, or sweep the stylus around him to swing the sword. Players can even draw a path for his boomerang and send it flying into hard-to-reach targets.
Players can stash the map on the top screen for quick reference or drop it to the touch screen to make notes, study enemies, or chart a path for their boat to follow while they man the cannons.
Compete with a friend over a local wireless connection: Guide Link through special dungeons to capture the Triforce or command the forces that oppose him.

DIGG THIS NEWS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Legend_of_Zelda_Phantom_Hourglass_Released)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Legend_of_Zelda_Phantom_Hourglass_Released

Buy Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass from Play Asia (http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-9g-49-en-84-j-70-1z22.html) for US$ 48.90 (~24.81 GBP)

error101290
June 21st, 2007, 17:31
I can't wait to play this game, has it been released in the U.S. too?

DanTheManMS
June 21st, 2007, 17:37
No, the English version doesn't get released for a while yet.

Shadowblind
June 21st, 2007, 18:06
Nintendo hates English and US folk. Dont believe me?

This is proof.
So is Pokemon Diamond.

So no, its only in Japan.

wolfpack
June 21st, 2007, 18:53
this would be a great game to own
once it gets translated to english that is

Sonny_Jim
June 21st, 2007, 19:43
Nintendo don't 'hate' US and europeans, they are a Japanese company. Those titles you mention were pretty much developed for the Japanese market so you'd expect them to release it there first.

hadrian
June 21st, 2007, 21:15
Nintendo hates English and US folk. Dont believe me?

This is proof.
So is Pokemon Diamond.

So no, its only in Japan.
Yeah they hate us so much that they released the Wii in the US before their home country...the bastards!

Anyway game is excellent, can't understand a word but I've got guides to help me and I have to say I don't want to go back to d-pad Zelda again it works that well.

PeterM
June 21st, 2007, 21:20
I'll be snapping up the US version when it appears. I'm definitely not waiting for the European version to be translated into moonspeak before I can buy it! :o

PeterM
June 21st, 2007, 21:22
Yeah they hate us so much that they released the Wii in the US before their home country...the bastards!
It's the translation and age ratings that normally hold games up.

RE4 has already been translated into English for the PS2 and NGC version.

rpglover101
June 21st, 2007, 21:49
this game doesn't come out in japan for 2 more days...

girrrtacos
June 21st, 2007, 22:36
Im stuck... Because its in Japanese I dont know what to wright on a sighn next to a block bocking the way in the beginning.

PeterM
June 22nd, 2007, 00:09
Pirate, it's not in shops yet.

XDelusion
June 22nd, 2007, 00:48
No English
:(

girrrtacos
June 22nd, 2007, 00:52
Pirate, it's not in shops yet.

Yarr!

Steely
June 22nd, 2007, 01:21
I was stuck, too. Girrrtacos, try writing a seven. It's funny, because I was stuck, so I was just drawing a japanese character, then before I finished, I made a seven-looking thing, and the door opened.

x999x
June 22nd, 2007, 01:44
Let me be the first to admit (puts on flame suit) that I hated Celda, and gave my GC to my sister as a housewarming gift when it came out. I included a new copy of Celda... She loved it.

Long story short, Celda as a portable makes more sense. I've gotten accustomed to "SD" or tiny versions of my console and arcade counterparts on tiny portable screens. You know, the defacto big head little body style. I don't need that on my TV, but on my portable it feels right at home.

I look forward to playing this game. I hope it's easy to pick up and play / turn off without it being a real chore to worry about my save state if the wifey' needs me to kill a spider or something in the middle of a game.

Shadowblind
June 22nd, 2007, 03:14
What in san-hill is Celda?

JKKDARK
June 22nd, 2007, 03:28
oh it looks awesome. I hope an english release

girrrtacos
June 22nd, 2007, 05:52
What in san-hill is Celda?

Cell Shaded Zelda- Celda :D

F2bnp
June 22nd, 2007, 09:05
I played it and it's really good.

Gold Line
June 22nd, 2007, 11:08
i want this game so bad :(

Nipahc
June 22nd, 2007, 16:02
I have this game! ;) (since I have the hook up and no I am not Mr Leaker) I don't know Jap though. I bought English too, but waiting for it to arrive in October.

Pretty freaking cool game so far. Stuck though! Slowly getting through the puzzles. It would be really cool if someone knew of someone that would atleast give us a hint of what they say! :) Kinda started a Walkthrough, but I am not really a Walkthrough making person. Though thinking of people like you all who can't read Jap!

Yea its slow because of the Translation crew and Raiting system. Though NOJ (nintendo of Japan) is the HQ of Nintendo, so heck yea when they get a game done the'll hand it to the Translators and and the Public in Jap. Then we wait the wait... They knoe we want it bad though!

So far so good... :thumbup: But if anyone else knows where someone is kinda trying to tell me whats said please tell me.

robman84
June 22nd, 2007, 17:42
I recently got a cube and Wind Waker, so I am seriously looking forward to this on DS. Release in August would be nice in the USA Mr (and Mrs) Nintendo, as that's when I'm on holiday there!