PDA

View Full Version : cwcheat 0.1.7 REV D released

wraggster
June 21st, 2007, 18:20
News/release from Weltall: (http://cwcheat.consoleworld.org/)

here it is a new version of cwcheat: 0.1.7 REV.D, which was primarly delayed because the changes to be made to the site were more important.
The most important things about this version is a rewrite of the umd reading functions (some of the first being executed when the prx is being loaded).
This resolved a problem which could affect people with slow umd drives or damaged umd which could lead to more time in bootup and so making cwcheat crash when trying to access them.
So this should make cwcheat more compatible with the 3.40OE firmware.
except this trough other optimizations and the switch to -Os it was possible to reduce the size of the prx making it more compatible with other plugins.
Finally some important things made on the site are the addition of a wiki based documentation (still being written), a bug tracker (mantis), a new server and a huge cleanup of the db which made it being used again in the release package of cwcheat.

Code:
CHANGELOG:

0.1.7 REV. D RELEASE
=====================
- 0000009: [ALL] fixed automaking of a code for found trough float search which used 3 in place to 2
- [ALL] various optimizations to reduce file size in order to increase compatability with other prx
- [ALL] switched from -O2 to -Os which reduced size of ~15kb and didn't seem to do a noticeable change in speed
- [GAME] rewritten the initialization code which reads the id from the disk. Now it waits for the disk to be mounted without using time hacks. This increased compatability with slow umd drives/damaged umds in 3.40 OE systems
- [DB DOWNLOADER] updated to reflect the new server
- [DB] The db was cleaned removing some bogus codes which had zeroes on them or blank spaces: so now the db included in cwcheat is being updated again with the one on the site in each release
- [SITE] the site was moved on a faster host, the download section was fixed and now it's working again
- [SITE] Added a wiki documentation which will be expanded in the future and user can add things to it (translations are also welcome)
- [SITE] Added a bug tracked based on mantis. If you find a bug or something wrong with cwcheat or the site please file a bug report there. But report things correctly saying all the steps to reproduce it else they will be discarded

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 18:22
I hope it fixed the bug with the menu when there's only a couple of cheats.

Sonicboy 101
June 21st, 2007, 18:25
I hope this works better that the one i've got now.

VexnadFett
June 21st, 2007, 19:08
Does this already have the ability to load the save files from ePSXe onto 3.40? cause that's what i really need right now, trying to MGS1 and all

Saracchini
June 21st, 2007, 21:05
Oh man... i just instaled the REV C version in my PSP.
Well, i should test this version right now. If it is more compatible with 3.40-OE i'll be very happy.

Buddy4point0
June 21st, 2007, 21:17
yay this is great! i love this app, i wish they would change it to holding down the music note though, cause the select key does other stuff like restore stamina in wwe

parkermauney
June 21st, 2007, 21:21
And Open the atlas in spyro. There should be a config file somewhere.

DarthPaul
June 22nd, 2007, 05:27
Oh yeah a new release!

deathbringer014
June 22nd, 2007, 17:56
just wantd to ask.. i havent used dis before but can i open this plug-in during gameplay..?? can't i use this when playing iso's..?? nid immediate rply.. tnx..

parkermauney
June 22nd, 2007, 18:02
Yes. Yes. Just hold select down to bring it up.

I also like that they included the cheat.db, makes it more noob proof.

(They didn't include it before did they?)

deathbringer014
June 22nd, 2007, 18:19
how can i use it wid my iso's..??

deathbringer014
June 22nd, 2007, 18:25
can i use this wid my iso's..?? how..??

deathbringer014
June 22nd, 2007, 18:40
when i press select button while playing my iso the plug-in reads the umd not my iso.. how do i choose the game..??

jemi_x
June 22nd, 2007, 19:48
Buddy4point0: it can change the key for displaying the cwcheat menu, so if the select button is used by a game just change the key setting. Just enter the menu and select "Settings" then "Change buttons". Change the button of "Menu Button" to any other button or combinations of button you prefer. You can save the settings as defaut in the previous menu. Btw i'm still using the REV B, but i think it still the same for changing the button config.

Looking forward to try this new one, hope it will fix crashes when i load a demo game eboot.;)

Joe88
June 24th, 2007, 08:46
I also like that they included the cheat.db, makes it more noob proof.

(They didn't include it before did they?)

too bad its really out of date

parkermauney
June 24th, 2007, 11:13
Yeah, lol. The dbdownloader is a big help too.

fucht017
June 26th, 2007, 14:47
The cheats for Resident Evil 2 doesn't work,beceause of the different ID....I used the new one,but no luck.:(