PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Glitch....

Gene
June 21st, 2007, 22:15
So I just got my gps today for my birthday and drove around for a while with it after I fixed on 4 sats. As i was driving mapthis kept saying nonstop that i was going above the speed limit, I even tried slowing down up to 20 miles under the speed limit and it wouldn't stop. I got so frustrated that i just turned it off. Does anybody know of this? Is there a way to stop it?

Arxidon
June 21st, 2007, 22:21
The default speed limit is set to 35mph. If you want it to be higher, you have to manually set it in the config.txt file in the system folder of the mapviewer.
The program doesn't actually read the speed limit of the road you're on.

FatesWebb
June 22nd, 2007, 14:54
are you sure it is 35mph? I seem to recall it going off even when I was WALKING at about 2 mph.... driving at 5 etc... I think the default was more like 1 mph or something. I set it to 80...

Gene
June 22nd, 2007, 18:55
are you sure it is 35mph? I seem to recall it going off even when I was WALKING at about 2 mph.... driving at 5 etc... I think the default was more like 1 mph or something. I set it to 80...

Mine was default at 5. I changed it to 60.

Qman46
June 25th, 2007, 11:02
Yea default is 5, just edit your config file on your PSP and set it higher and you should be good.

Codaz
June 25th, 2007, 14:08
A variable speed limit is wonderfull to have. But how does Mapthis know the speed limits ?

Maybe with geodata.

FatesWebb
June 25th, 2007, 17:02
it doesn't know, it is a single limit, not variable. the only way I can think of would be the size of the streets and then guess. I don't know if speed limit is in the geodata, if so that would be cool!!