PDA

View Full Version : Take-Two shelves Manhunt 2

Basil Zero
June 22nd, 2007, 04:09
In the wake of international bans and an Adults Only rating in the US, Manhunt 2 won't make its July 10 release date, Take-Two Interactive has confirmed. The game had been expected to ship that day for the PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, and Nintendo Wii.

"Take-Two Interactive Software has temporarily suspended plans to distribute Manhunt 2 for the Wii or PlayStation platforms while it reviews its options with regard to the recent decisions made by the British Board of Film Classification and Entertainment Software Rating Board," a representative told GameSpot. "We continue to stand behind this extraordinary game. We believe in freedom of creative expression, as well as responsible marketing, both of which are essential to our business of making great entertainment."

While the ESRB's initial rating of an AO for Adults Only doesn't explicitly prohibit the game from being sold, most major US retailers refuse to carry AO games, and console manufacturers prohibit their third-party publishers from releasing AO titles on their systems.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6172931.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

splodger15
June 22nd, 2007, 07:05
Is it coming out on Wii in the US as I might just buy online

the_eternal_dark
June 22nd, 2007, 07:35
Yeah, it's still coming, eventually.

Why doesn't any government just crack down on something else for a while? Like bad drivers, who in real life are a threat to society....

jamotto
June 22nd, 2007, 07:38
It was expected to have a wii version, but at the moment it looks like it won't see the light of day till they get a mature rating.

Spotfist
June 22nd, 2007, 08:38
Sooooo unfair! I loose out because of idiots who can't tell the difference between reality and playing games! whats the bet that when MH2 is releast it's a load of KAK!

When I bought Bully I got the impression it had been tonned down a bit... Perhaps I'm wrong but I just hope MH2 doesn't end up being the same!

I can see it now, escaped mental patients wearing pink fluffy rabbit outfits "hugging" people until they fall asleep! hehehe "oh no he's not stabbing people he's erm giving them something and they are just so happy that they fall over with delight! and don't ever get up." rating = PG hehehe

ish420ism
June 22nd, 2007, 09:03
As long as U.S gets i, No complains from me

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 22nd, 2007, 09:50
Why doesn't any government just crack down on something else for a while? Like bad drivers, who in real life are a threat to society....

Lol :rofl: i thought you meant by Nvidia or ATI.....And I agree

shiftybill
June 22nd, 2007, 13:24
if nintendo wants to get rid of the "kiddie" image they have they should allow this game to be released, i mean what parent in their right mind would buy an AO game for their kid?

watupgroupie
June 22nd, 2007, 13:59
if nintendo wants to get rid of the "kiddie" image they have they should allow this game to be released, i mean what parent in their right mind would buy an AO game for their kid?Ya your right my parents would never buy me this game because i'm only 13 :mad: I say we raid the ersb headquarters and force them to change their mind.

Spotfist
June 22nd, 2007, 14:07
As long as U.S gets i, No complains from me

But Sony and Nintendo have refused to have it on there consoles... i.e it won't be released anywhere unless you buy the PC version...

BlueCrab
June 22nd, 2007, 16:08

The ESRB isn't run by the government, so its not the government that's cracking down on this game (at least in the US... I don't know about in Britain).

Demolition49
June 22nd, 2007, 16:09
This is a real dissapointment, i was hoping for an appeal on the game but it looks like it wont be coming any time soon, thats really put me down, i had it on pre-order months ago. Hopefully they will re-do it and bring it out later.

shango46
June 22nd, 2007, 16:22
This is really disappointing. Why can we choose if we want to play it or not? This sounds like what happened with Thrill Kill for PS1. Hopefully the same thing happens and they just release it on the net as freeware.

alucard001
June 22nd, 2007, 16:33
i wanna play now!!! ^__^

Veskgar
June 22nd, 2007, 16:43
You know what? Had people not made such a fuss about this game and it was just another originally slated upcoming release, I'd probably not have paid much attention to it.

However now, with all the controversy surrounding it, I definitely will want to be getting this game. Don't people, governments, and other organizations get it? The more you tell people they can't have or do something, the more they want to have it or do it.

This sort of censorship on entertainment media is just going to shoot a lot of people in the foot and/or backfire on them.

But, like most other initial outcries, the censors are counting on this being a temporary buzz story that will eventually die down and go away if they wait it out.

So the duty falls on all of us to keep this topic in the faces of all those who wish to censor media so that the point is made that free people will not accept this.

jdnation
June 22nd, 2007, 17:46
Well not really, while more people do become aware of it, it doesn't mean that they will suddenly want to play it, some might, but the overwhelming majority will most likely agree with the censors decisions that the game doesn't deserve to be released as M, nor purchased. Frankly for all I know, maybe this game really is pushing things and deserves the AO rating.

Most likely Take 2 is watering down the content of the game before making an appeal so they can get the Mature rating. If you're an adult and you really want to play it you'll have to take the time to order it online. That's simply the way it is.

Basil Zero
June 22nd, 2007, 17:49
Exactly, before I didnt want this game, now I want it so more.

This game is going to be so popular during the duration of summer, and I believe is unavoidable.

Sketchy
June 22nd, 2007, 22:52
After reading this i quickly headed over to amazon.com ( it was gonna be my 2nd game import due to the BBFC refusing it over here in britian) and they have it listed for an early september release.....*attempts to time travel to September...........it fails* well looks like my PSP's UMD Drive is gonna b outta commission for a little while longer......

Rorin
June 22nd, 2007, 23:23
Ya your right my parents would never buy me this game because i'm only 13 :mad: I say we raid the ersb headquarters and force them to change their mind.

You are the reason why manhunt 2 is being canned. You and all the other kiddies. Go play pokemon on your DS and leave our (18+) games alone.

h4s30
June 23rd, 2007, 01:49
Ya your right my parents would never buy me this game because i'm only 13 :mad: I say we raid the ersb headquarters and force them to change their mind.

well you should go thank your parents for giving a damn thats what I say

honestly i don't care if they don't come out with it or not its no big deal
hell i haven't even played manhunt 1

and even if they did make it an M rated game its going to be watered down and just take away from the game sort of like kill bill vol. 1&2 i mean they didn't have to tell us how uma therman ended up in a coma nor did they have to tell us about O-ren ishii or about pai mei but it made the movies that much better

thats what separates good from great

mesosade
June 23rd, 2007, 09:50
well it's hard for a game that's solely based on violence to look in any way...creative. most games that are contain extreme violence may have some meaning like gears of war (playing a hero and saving the planet bladda bladda) whereas manhunt just doesn't have anything going for it except for violence.

jerrt
June 23rd, 2007, 17:17

you really shouldn't be playing this game. wait to grow up and play all the hundreds of games that are rated for your age group. i'm not against you playing even a few higher titles, just not something like manhunt until you are at least 17 and you and your parents have an understanding about this type of thing.

if more parents worked to educated their children and make them better human beings, we wouldn't be in this possition.

VampDude
June 23rd, 2007, 22:09
well it's hard for a game that's solely based on violence to look in any way...creative. most games that are contain extreme violence may have some meaning like gears of war (playing a hero and saving the planet bladda bladda) whereas manhunt just doesn't have anything going for it except for violence.

Violence yeah, but why for the violence thou...

...It's explained within the trailers, I'm sure if you look on YouTube you will find some - I would link them as I know there's a few, but I fear an infraction for posting/linking graphic material

XDelusion
June 24th, 2007, 23:58
The first one was pretty boring IMO, so I'm not going to miss this one much.

RockStar has never realy produced any plots that really caught my attention anyhow. If I'm going to have gansters, assasins, bounty hunters and the like, then I'd prefer them in a Star Wars universe or something, this whole Gangsta Life stile as being marketted as a commidity is really kinda shallow and leaves me wanting something with more depth and content.