PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to uncheck 1X om GMDL

Gene
June 22nd, 2007, 20:40
I am making a map from Portland Oregon to Los Angeles, because I am going there on a trip tomarrow.

I really need just basic raodways so i only need x32 at very most.

it starts with x2048 and i only need x32 aty most so those 2 would be around 100 mb at most. but i can't uncheck x1 so it adds a shatload more waittime and mostr likely more megabytes than i have on my hard drive...

So is there a way to uncheck x1? it would be reeeeeaaaally helpful.

nerd.geek
June 22nd, 2007, 21:18
So is there a way to uncheck x1? it would be reeeeeaaaally helpful.

Yeah, bottom left there is blue writting that tells you .... if its not there get the latest version.

DogRed9
June 22nd, 2007, 21:33
I still cant uncheck it, I set it to 2, so does that eliminate 1x, but just doesnt let you unchceck it?

Gene
June 22nd, 2007, 22:09
I don't see anything and i am using the newest version. can you describe where it is?

MIB.42
June 22nd, 2007, 22:29
I don't see anything and i am using the newest version. can you describe where it is?

GPSFS_util will be able to do that. I plan on releasing it this weekend.

Gene
June 22nd, 2007, 22:39
GPSFS_util will be able to do that. I plan on releasing it this weekend.

Nice! I'll be looking forward to it.

MIB.42
June 23rd, 2007, 00:21
Nice! I'll be looking forward to it.

v0.1 is up...
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66706

Gene
June 23rd, 2007, 05:21
v0.1 is up...
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66706

Great program, but the thng is is that the map would be so huge that it wouldn't fit on my hard drive if i made the full map. So again I ask.
:( :( :(
PLEASE. Is there any way of making a map in GMDL without having to download the x1 zoom?????

because the map from Portland to Los Angelas is waay to big and the closest zoom i need is x32 and it would only take up around 100 mb at most.

If there is a way please tell me. my trip is tomorrow at 3 am

MIB.42
June 23rd, 2007, 06:32
Great program, but the thng is is that the map would be so huge that it wouldn't fit on my hard drive if i made the full map. So again I ask.
:( :( :(
PLEASE. Is there any way of making a map in GMDL without having to download the x1 zoom?????

because the map from Portland to Los Angelas is waay to big and the closest zoom i need is x32 and it would only take up around 100 mb at most.

If there is a way please tell me. my trip is tomorrow at 3 am

Ask in7ane... Send a private message... Also, you can interrupt the download when it's at 1x than create "GPSFS from directory". I am not sure if it would work, but that's my only guess...

habbal11
June 23rd, 2007, 07:41
God i have the same proplem
any new answers or solutions??

Nieko
June 23rd, 2007, 09:44
Gene: in GMDL, bottom left, there is an "Advanced" button. Click that, then click "Get Numbers".

You will see the fields below that button being filled in. If you have both Portland and Los Angeles in view, you'll have these numbers:
zoom: 12
x: 4
y: 11
min zoom: 0

Now this minimum zoom will decide how big the maps will be. Just increase it to 7, e.g., and you'll be able to zoom in 5 times (12-7=5). Such maps are usually ~15-30MB in size.

P.S.: you can reduce the map size by unchecking the tiles you won't need in the preview. Perhaps this reduction even allows you to have another level of detail.

habbal11
June 23rd, 2007, 15:22
i ll try and post what i got
thx Nieko

nerd.geek
June 23rd, 2007, 20:23
Gene: in GMDL, bottom left, there is an "Advanced" button. Click that, then click "Get Numbers".

You will see the fields below that button being filled in. If you have both Portland and Los Angeles in view, you'll have these numbers:
zoom: 12
x: 4
y: 11
min zoom: 0

Now this minimum zoom will decide how big the maps will be. Just increase it to 7, e.g., and you'll be able to zoom in 5 times (12-7=5). Such maps are usually ~15-30MB in size.

P.S.: you can reduce the map size by unchecking the tiles you won't need in the preview. Perhaps this reduction even allows you to have another level of detail.

FFS, thats exactly what I said in the second post !!!

Nieko
June 23rd, 2007, 21:04
No it's not, you said there's blue text in the bottom left. I don't see any blue text there. Also, you explained nothing about zoom levels. I don't see what you're getting upset about.

nerd.geek
June 23rd, 2007, 21:36
Life!

brammy
July 4th, 2007, 19:24
thnx i needed this too :)