PDA

View Full Version : One of the biggest IRC merges in console history is about to happen

kando
June 23rd, 2007, 00:30
Hello all,

I am very proud to tell you all about this.

LAN.ST/LAN.SH, home of Dark_AleX's team and official releases, and one of the oldest psp dedicated servers, is going to be officially merging with the MALLOC.US network, which is the home of previous toc2rta channels/users, as well as having recently acquired Dash-Hacks - the home of #psp-hacks.

Historically, since #psp was formed on toc2rta, there has always been a slight tension between some of the toc2rta and LAN users/ops/opers. When toc2rta went down, Malloc.us took off, and grew due to its layed back channel chatting rules mixed with its strict op/oper policies. Tension started to die down when LAN ops started to come to Malloc, as they realized that the most active user base has gone there.

Of course, there was still some tension, but it was very far and few between.

Now, finally, both sides have agreed to set aside their differences and have compromised a little bit to merge 2 of the largest console-based irc networks into a place where all users can come and gather together for all walks of life, and all types of consoles, including psp, ps3, nintendo ds, iphone, and possibly even more in the near future.

Op/Oper abuse is not acceptable on the Malloc.us network, and will continue to be this way. Also, Malloc.us is a TROLL-FREE network, which means we do not accept people coming on to spam people, flame people, or to simply try to cause trouble or start a riot.

So now, we have irc.malloc.us which redirects to aion.malloc.us, unaligned.malloc.us, dashhacks.malloc.us, and in a few days, lan.malloc.us!

We hope this merge will be pleasurable not only for both sides, but for any new user who wishes to come and visit the active community in the console world.

Again, op/oper abuse, if it ever happened to you on either network, is a thing of the past. We look foward to a peaceful, fun, educational and informative environment, while retaining the diverse types of conversations that keep the user base alive and active.

Thanks to EvilSeph for not only starting the Malloc.US network, but also for his amazing patience in negotiating merges with Dash-Hacks and LAN.

Thanks also to Mathieulh for working with us as well to assure a peaceful transition.

Malloc will be home now to Dark_AleX releases, Team Noobz, GameWarp, PSP-Hacks, PS3-Hacks, IPhone-Hacks, and, as we like to call it, NightClub PSP.

simply download an irc client such as mIRC or X-Chat, or just go to http://malloc.us/ for a webchat client!

Thank you for your time, comments are appreciated.

-kando
Services Administrator of Malloc.US
Owner of #psp

mikebeaver
June 23rd, 2007, 00:35
Nice to hear that things will remain the same, you never know, maybe one day we will get the dcemu lot over to our side aswell :)

Mark30001
June 23rd, 2007, 00:44
Very nice, thanks for letting us know! :)

Cloudhunter
June 23rd, 2007, 00:46
Well, I hope this all goes off without a hitch :) Even though my userbar may proove I'm biased ;)

Cloudy

kando
June 23rd, 2007, 00:58
Most welcome! :D

h4s30
June 23rd, 2007, 01:22
well honestly i don't know what is going on but i'm happy that everyone is combining efforts and whatever it is they do is going to be easier now

burrito
June 23rd, 2007, 01:31
When is all of this going to happen?

kando
June 23rd, 2007, 01:45
When is all of this going to happen?

in a few days. for now, you can join the excitement already happening, and wait for the official merge on irc.malloc.us #psp

or use the webclient on http://malloc.us/

:D

Wally
June 23rd, 2007, 09:39
Maybe DCEmu could get shifted over to Malloc too..

Few advantages over efnet:
a) Nickserv for user name registration so your username is always yours
b) name restriction not as harsh
c) More people in the channel.
d) Not as much lag
e) Im sure EvilSeph would be lenient towards you :)

Anyway good to see this merge in place :)

maxipower90
June 23rd, 2007, 15:34
hmm sounds good but i haven't a clue what it means. :)
all i know is that, everyday i click on my DCEmu bookmark to get all the news i need. but i will check this out.

S34MU5
June 23rd, 2007, 20:22
Maybe DCEmu could get shifted over to Malloc too..

Few advantages over efnet:
a) Nickserv for user name registration so your username is always yours
b) name restriction not as harsh
c) More people in the channel.
d) Not as much lag
e) Im sure EvilSeph would be lenient towards you :)

Anyway good to see this merge in place :)

I agree wally

Psyberjock
June 24th, 2007, 02:07
What's all this about tension? Aren't you all just a bunch of people chatting about PSP? Then when other people who like to chat about the same thing come along, instead of everyone being happy to talk to more people about a common topic, tensions arise?

What's wrong with this picture?

Joe88
June 24th, 2007, 04:54
What's all this about tension? Aren't you all just a bunch of people chatting about PSP? Then when other people who like to chat about the same thing come along, instead of everyone being happy to talk to more people about a common topic, tensions arise?

someone says ISO in the channel and they automatically get banned
same goes for every other term "dump,hack,rom" ect...

kando
June 24th, 2007, 05:10

when you have never been in the irc psp scene, u really cant be told about how tension arises.

please, dont say things when you have no idea what other factors lead to what it is you are talking about.

someone says ISO in the channel and they automatically get banned
same goes for every other term "dump,hack,rom" ect...

um no, that is one channel's rules. and thats #psp-hacks

again, please dont answer questions when u dont know the answers :)

EvilSeph
June 24th, 2007, 10:17
Hey everyone,

LAN.st is now a part of Malloc.us. Thanks for the well written post, kando. :)

It took me a while but I've finally posted an update on our IRC website.

I think it is an interesting read, to say the least. :)

Click here to read it. (http://malloc.us/irc/2007/06/24/a-recipe-for-greatness/)

Joe88
June 24th, 2007, 23:43
when you have never been in the irc psp scene, u really cant be told about how tension arises.

please, dont say things when you have no idea what other factors lead to what it is you are talking about.

um no, that is one channel's rules. and thats #psp-hacks

again, please dont answer questions when u dont know the answers :)

its the whole network

#main, ect...

wherever wolfgar or whatever his name is, saying anything like that will result in auto ban

I left that server and went elsewhere
Ill held up my own server for a while then switched to a few different people's server
now where stationed on 7chan server

kando
June 25th, 2007, 00:56
its the whole network

#main, ect...

wherever wolfgar or whatever his name is, saying anything like that will result in auto ban

I left that server and went elsewhere
Ill held up my own server for a while then switched to a few different people's server
now where stationed on 7chan server

i guess u havent been listening, so let me make u look like an idiot troll:

A) wulfgar is no longer an ircop
B) we allow discussion of iso's and other things of the like in most channels unless links are being distributed.
C) there was never a #main. there is #psp and #psp-hacks, and many more. #Psp-hacks is the only one that bans discussion of iso's and cso's, and it is a HELP channel, not the main chat channel of the network.

SO LIKE I SAID, there is ONE major channel with those rules.

feel dumb now? :rofl:

please, get the facts straight.

Joe88
June 25th, 2007, 04:55
stop treating everyone like their retarded about IRC
and you know everything there is
you quoted Psyberjock then tried to make him look like an idiot also

and there was a #main
a few of the server ops where in there

I havent even touched that server in 6 months and still
dont plan on going in there

kando
June 25th, 2007, 06:11
stop treating everyone like their retarded about IRC
and you know everything there is
well, when you make a statement about something, and you are told differently, and you STILL say the same statement over again without reading, its not that your "retarted about IRC", its that you are retarded period.

you quoted Psyberjock then tried to make him look like an idiot also
didnt make him look like an idiot, he was simply uninformed, maybe i was a tad harsh.

its not even close to the same server anymore.

and honestly, we could use less idiots/trolls in the making. please, dont come.

EvilSeph
June 25th, 2007, 08:08
Dedicated, friendly and helpful. Three key points that I'll prove about Malloc.us. Three ways I'll show that you're ignorant about how much the network you apparently were on 8(?) months ago has grown. But first I think I'll justify our response to your constant failing attempt to defame all the hard work we've poured into the making of what we believe - and I doubt we're wrong - is the greatest PSP focused IRC network in existance.

Once you have been motivated by a dream to achieve greatness, then and only then can you truly relate to how we feel about Malloc.us and how much we have given to make it what it is today. When someone comes along and attempts to shatter that dream, that perfectness - that sublimity, you damn well know we will do whatever it takes to shield our dream from any attack. So, despite my next point
being true, I think you'll understand that this post might not reflect upon the truth of point one.

Friendly - Malloc.us prides itself on how friendly our staff are towards our users, each other and guests. Provided you abide by the Network Rules and are not purposely annoying (troll-like), you're welcome on Malloc.us. If you have any questions regarding pretty much anything, we always do our best to help you. If you are new to the community, we're happy to guide you along the way and help you become a unique regular among all the other great users we have as every new addition to our community brings a little extra something special to it.

Dedicated - Originally, Malloc.us was meant to be a small, private IRC server focused on the needs of Developers but that quickly changed when we saw that the Scene needed a central location for all things PSP on IRC. Malloc.us is dedicated to bring the best to our users and is continuously trying to improve our network and out community. Evidence of this would be our sacrificing our initial plan and partnering with Toc2rta, DashHacks and LAN to bring you the greatest PSP focused IRC network in existance.

Helpful - Malloc.us is the nonpareil source for PSP related help on IRC especially with the partnership we have with DashHacks. However, despite that being our focus, our community consists of a plethora of talented, intelligent and amazing individuals who are eager to help out with whatever they are well versed on. Whether it be PSP related, Linux related, Mac related, DS related etc. Malloc.us almost always has a resident expert. Because that's what we're made of and it seems to be an effect of the atmosphere surrounding our community.

We strive to be the best and I strongly feel we are just beyond reach of that goal - if we haven't already achieved it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have ever really been part of a Scene, you'd know what kando meant. However, judging by your reply you have not. When you're truly a part of a Scene, you're passionate about the thing the Scene focuses on and when opinions clash, you tend to have a rather big argument.

Still, that being said, I'm glad you pointed this out as it is the main reason why LAN and Malloc.us decided to work together. To end the tension between each other. When other people who like to chat about the same thing come along, we get along. The tension he speaks of resulted from a few things that happened in the past - and that's where they will stay.

Joe88,
Based on the inaccuracy and mundane nature of your posts, I can honestly say you have no idea what Malloc.us is about and have mistaken us for some other network. We do not and have never had a channel called #main on our network. Our "main" channel would be #psp (if I had to name one). If you still are too stubborn to admit to your being wrong, then I'll prove it by showing you this (click for proof) (http://searchirc.com/search.php?F=partial&N=4713&M=min&C=1&D=color&T=both&PER=15&I=main&Submit.x=5&Submit.y=8). Further proof of your opinion having no bearing on the topic at hand is your own remark:

Enough said, I think? Maybe you should come take a look at Malloc.us before you utter another mislead and idiotic remark that just results in your making yourself look like a fool.

LordSturm
June 25th, 2007, 09:27
It's a massive change...

Some old enemies are going to meet again, and will have to set their differences aside.

Essentially, it's good for everyone! :P

What can go wrong with EvilSeph, Math and Skylark, all under the one roof.

One could call it the think tank of irc. :P

Joe88
June 25th, 2007, 22:52
Joe88,
Based on the inaccuracy and mundane nature of your posts, I can honestly say you have no idea what Malloc.us is about and have mistaken us for some other network. We do not and have never had a channel called #main on our network. Our "main" channel would be #psp (if I had to name one). If you still are too stubborn to admit to your being wrong, then I'll prove it by showing you this (click for proof) (http://searchirc.com/search.php?F=partial&N=4713&M=min&C=1&D=color&T=both&PER=15&I=main&Submit.x=5&Submit.y=8). Further proof of your opinion having no bearing on the topic at hand is your own remark:

Enough said, I think? Maybe you should come take a look at Malloc.us before you utter another mislead and idiotic remark that just results in your making yourself look like a fool.

I was talking about the Toc2rta server
not Malloc

EvilSeph
June 26th, 2007, 05:36
Then why are you even bothering to post? Talking of toc2rta has no relation to Malloc.us.

All you're doing is spamming.

Joe88
June 26th, 2007, 05:50
this thread is about the merger between the 2 networks

how is that spamming if im talking about one of them?

EvilSeph
June 26th, 2007, 06:26
Because if you actually READ, you'd know that everything that happened on any network is a thing of the past. And actually, this thread is not about a merger between Toc2rta and LAN or Toc2rta and Malloc.us. This is a thread about LAN and Malloc.us. Nothing more, nothing less.

Please, seriously, think before you reply.