PDA

View Full Version : cutom firmware and games

h4s30
June 23rd, 2007, 02:35
yeah i posted this a while back but i went on springbreak and i forgot to check but i upgraded my friends psp to some custom firmware *so if i messed up i'd only brick his* but of course i read the readme and followed directions and worked like a charm well he called me up and told me he was having problems with his bust a move umd and it would start up and the boot screen would play but then i'd get a blank screen if i remembered right this happened before with a couple of other games but i don't remember if its the firmware itself or something in the recovery menu its not the game because i downgraded back to 2.6 and it works fine so you think anybody could help me out

laughtub
June 23rd, 2007, 03:28
the only thing i can say is to do the recovey pack then go back to 340OEA

h4s30
June 23rd, 2007, 03:40
he didn't care as long as he played his silly bust a move w/ 1000+ levels and he could look at his silly pictures of his gf *i wish he took after me a lil bit more in taste of women but that is another story* but i would just like to know what was up

parkermauney
June 23rd, 2007, 04:55
No-UMD might have been enabled.

h4s30
June 23rd, 2007, 10:14
hmmm...i dunno that would be really weird to be the case since he didn't know how to go to recovery mode

and i didn't change anything when i upgraded
when he came down the other week the only thing i did was change the kernel cause i thought he was getting a game error screen *he didn't even describe the problem right to me*

pibs
June 23rd, 2007, 11:08
did you try doing a clean downgrade to fw1.50 im not sure if it is still necessary to do it but it might help. haha gf pics on psp :D thought about that but it looks a bit obsessive;)

robotdevil
June 23rd, 2007, 14:13
Another thing that sounds kinda silly but I've heard of it being the root cause to other problems is after you updated did you reset the PSP to defaults under the system settings? Not sure it would actually help with what you want, just covering all bases really.

h4s30
June 23rd, 2007, 21:38
did you try doing a clean downgrade to fw1.50 im not sure if it is still necessary to do it but it might help. haha gf pics on psp :D thought about that but it looks a bit obsessive;)

it works fine now he's back at 2.6 so he could play bust a move

yeah they're "those" types of pics though it and i didn't ask him if it happened to any other games i assume the movies work though

he can do better than her and i really wish he go back to being single cause i'm tired of listening to pointless convos when i'm pwning Ultamecia w/ just Zell cause Ultamecia couldn't kill the useless party members *and if you beat it you know what i'm talking about*

Another thing that sounds kinda silly but I've heard of it being the root cause to other problems is after you updated did you reset the PSP to defaults under the system settings? Not sure it would actually help with what you want, just covering all bases really.

this I hadn't done but that makes sense in my head
like its 3.03 OE but the psp doesn't know that its 3.03 so thats why you'd restore defaults so it restore to 3.03 defaults
its prolly not right but it makes sense to me

laughtub
June 23rd, 2007, 22:40
Why Did You Go To 2.6 Go To 1.5 Then 340 Oe-a