PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons arcade game

kam30en
June 23rd, 2007, 09:07
I would love to see the Simpsons arcade game ported to the psp. The closest thing right now is the dos version of this game using dosbox and the c64 version (both of which suck).

yaustar
June 23rd, 2007, 16:40
No source = no port.

repuken2
June 23rd, 2007, 20:06
mame beta 0.36 would do that.

Welshboy
June 24th, 2007, 00:47
I've never tried Mame on the psp? is it any good? I've got a large library of roms to accompany my hundreds of legally purchased arcade sets as well.

Zombo
June 24th, 2007, 06:51
Unfourtanetly it doesn't support alot of roms...plus the Sound samples don't work for a few of them either...though people are tired of me saying this,We REALLY need a new MAME port! :/

repuken2
June 24th, 2007, 17:31
What i mean is that if we had a port of mame 0.36 beta it would play Simpsons, TMNT, Vendetta and all Konami games from that board.

Zombo
June 24th, 2007, 18:43
Yeah but the question is, who will actually port it?

repuken2
June 24th, 2007, 23:29
I know a little bit of c coding but i've never done a game in my life and never done anything for the psp.

Nor i have time cause of studies, work etc. I hope someone like NJ's took over that duty, he's one who can make a decent port.

The other coder who's quite active is ZX81, i wonder if he can do something about.

Mame4All is quite a good port i just hope to have a couple more games to play with wich are only avaiable since mame 0.36 wich are Crude Busters, TMNT, Simpsons, Vendetta, Sunset Riders, X-Men, etc.

I actually own 5 pocket pcs devices and one has a cool port of mame, pocketcult mame, it plays some of those games but the controls are nowhere near the ones a psp cna deliver.

Cheerz,
let's hope for one new mame coming soon, i think it's the only thing the psp is lacking.

mikebeaver
July 16th, 2007, 19:08
Hi there, I brought this question up many months ago and had a few answers about it, unfortunately the only port of Simpsons arcade was to Dreamcast, and was never really complete.

I searched around for a few people who could do it, but most were way to busy, so it looks like it may be a long time coming.

If you are interested in the posts that were returned from before just go HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45049)

Enjoy, Mike...

Classic80s
August 10th, 2007, 06:40
I blew a lot of money on that game.........

Zombo
September 3rd, 2007, 19:27
yaustar didn't you say that an older version of MAME, like 0.36, could be ported?
Why couldnt anyone just port that!?

Xboxster
November 6th, 2007, 04:46
Personally, I'd like to see two arcade games ported to the PSP. The first would be this one, and the second would be Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (which I know isn't happening, based on the fact that it doesn't run well on PC's right now).