PDA

View Full Version : Tips how you can Maximize your Memory Card Life Span & identify Fake from Genuine

Flatland
June 23rd, 2007, 13:15
1. Use a memory card reader by transferring file or formatting your memory card.
2. BY Formating on a memory card reader you may now used PSP.

System Settings>Format Memory Stick
(To make auto folder for your psp / firmware or version)

BECAUSE IN THIS WAY YOU CAN PROTECT YOUR MEMORY CARD FOR DAMAGING IT SELF, DOING FORMATTING ON YOUR PSP CAN DAMAGE IT BECAUSE OF MULTITASKING PSP DO
(READ > FORMAT > WRITE > CREATE)

2. Always use Safely remove hardware after you done transferring or formatting a file.

Here some sample image attachments....

-Xandu-
June 23rd, 2007, 13:17
What's the point of this thread? Teaching people how to format their Memorysticks...?

Flatland
June 23rd, 2007, 13:20
can u pls read thanks...

iniquitous_beast
June 23rd, 2007, 14:45
Easiest way is to simply boot the psp with the memory card installed, highlight the memory stick under any section, press triengle, select "info", and see if magicgate is supported. Real ones support Magicgate; fake ones don't.

Some fakes are indistinguishable by simply looking at them. The fake stick that I use actually works pretty well. I just had to manually format it in FAT first.

-Xandu-
June 23rd, 2007, 15:14
Easiest way is to simply boot the psp with the memory card installed, highlight the memory stick under any section, press triengle, select "info", and see if magicgate is supported. Real ones support Magicgate; fake ones don't.

Nope, I got an original SanDisk MemoryStick and it doesn't say anything about Magic Gate support.

Flatland
June 23rd, 2007, 16:35
Just look at the last image so u can determine the fake and not, Sony memory Stick, sorry guys i don't know the different to a SanDisk MemoryStick.

parkermauney
June 23rd, 2007, 19:34
Why'd you post a screen of your desktop, and a random psp?

Flatland
June 24th, 2007, 00:10
guys im just giving tips to how psp memory stick maximize its life span and to know fake from ginuine (sony memory stick)

and image is the best way to know all than in txt...

i dont know why old, rokie and coder and professional always have a comment to all newbie posting.... do all professional not start in newbie?

"Long and time consuming my tip was but in this way you can maximize your memory stick life span. My 4GB sony memory stick life span is 6moths old from now.... And i have 4 Card In same size no problem all works perfect..."

parkermauney
June 24th, 2007, 00:32
Why'd you post a screen of your desktop, and a random psp?I didn't say you were a newbie. I asked why you posted a screen of just your desktop:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/103/safelyremovemy1.png
(Which is nice btw)

And a picture of a random psp, which after looking is just an addon to those pics of memsticks and batteries.

Welshboy
June 24th, 2007, 00:38
1. Congratulations on turning the caps lock off.
2. Parker is right.
3. We know how to distinguish, even ebay has a guide this is nothing new.
4. What are you doing?
5. biggest and least informative pictures ever. They don't even make clear sense and you clearly got them from somewhere else.
6. Stop please.
7. Congratulations on turning the caps lock off again.

Flatland
June 24th, 2007, 00:54
I didn't say you were a newbie. I asked why you posted a screen of just your desktop:
(Which is nice btw)

And a picture of a random psp, which after looking is just an addon to those pics of memsticks and batteries.

the safely remove at the buttom right of the image...

Flatland
June 24th, 2007, 00:56
1. Congratulations on turning the caps lock off.
2. Parker is right.
3. We know how to distinguish, even ebay has a guide this is nothing new.
4. What are you doing?
5. biggest and least informative pictures ever. They don't even make clear sense and you clearly got them from somewhere else.
6. Stop please.
7. Congratulations on turning the caps lock off again.

Thank you im done...... :(

h4s30
June 24th, 2007, 03:12
huh?? what??? little timmy is the well??? i guess we better go save him!!!

no but really what are you saying???