PDA

View Full Version : Experts can YELL at me all they want. I want to ask noobie questions

bphc
June 24th, 2007, 19:09
-I have 3.40 oea

-using 0.499 map this!

-2.71 usbacc.prx and 3.03 usbgps.prx
-http://rapidshare.com/files/12675731
/mapViewer.rar.html

-i have psp-290

-1.50 kernel

-put in game340/mapviewer

-everything run but gps not receiving signal.

-I cruise all night many times but not signal bar, and sometime i got sat id but with 0 fix

- it keep showing me that on and off but no actual fix.

My question is that is that because my gps or my mapthis!?

-and does my map have to have coord.txt to be able for my psp-290 to find me.

-i always see people with green arrow follow their movement when they driving

- i dont have it, i have the 4 ways arrow all the time, which mean that it is not working.

- Any ideas?

-Oh! I read all three stickies above. If anyone have a link for me to read more than I will gladly to so.

skylife
June 25th, 2007, 01:34
try not cruising all night, and try and get a fix staying still out in the open

killa12345
June 25th, 2007, 01:36
you dont have to change txt file to for gps to find you. I really gont know how to answer your question b/c im a noob also, but my gps works. try switching the cpu to 111 at first to get a few sat then toggle between cpu speed to get a fix... it takes a min or two. i also used 3.03 oe-cn with 3.03 prx files because it seems a lot of people have problems with 3.40 oe and freezes. i also live in s.fl where there arent much large trees after the hurricanes lately but i usually get 7 sat with 5 fixes in like 4-5 min.

Qman46
June 25th, 2007, 11:05
Have you tried getting a fix with the green program? I had alot better luck using that than in Mapthis with my 290, but I then bought a holux receiver... I get full signal in like 15 seconds where I am. Try not moving as the other person suggested, and see how many you sat's you see. I was googling and found somewhere that you need a minimum of 4 sats to get a fix? I'm not sure if it's true though, because the sats triangulate your position so I dont know why you'd need 4, but hey, whatever works for them huh.

Seafal
June 25th, 2007, 13:52
im also using psp-290 and maybe this little advice might help you.
You said "- it keep showing me that on and off but no actual fix."

if it changes from on to off sometimes, try not to screw it in and just plug it on top of the psp. Sometimes, when it was screwed in too tight, it kept being shown as off. By loosening the screw it kept switching from off to on, but back again and so on.
Mine works only when not screwed in

bphc
June 25th, 2007, 19:56
try not cruising all night, and try and get a fix staying still out in the open

that's help i was able to get up to 7 sat and a couple fixed, but then again I dl the 3.40 oea compatible from the 3.40 oea thread. Thanks alot

bphc
June 25th, 2007, 19:57
you dont have to change txt file to for gps to find you. I really gont know how to answer your question b/c im a noob also, but my gps works. try switching the cpu to 111 at first to get a few sat then toggle between cpu speed to get a fix... it takes a min or two. i also used 3.03 oe-cn with 3.03 prx files because it seems a lot of people have problems with 3.40 oe and freezes. i also live in s.fl where there arent much large trees after the hurricanes lately but i usually get 7 sat with 5 fixes in like 4-5 min.

yah i dl 3.40 oea compatible from
http://rapidshare.com/files/32177069/3.40oe_and_psp-290.rar.html
and i think it fix the freeze part. I only tried it today, time will tell. Thanks for your help.

bphc
June 25th, 2007, 19:59
im also using psp-290 and maybe this little advice might help you.
You said "- it keep showing me that on and off but no actual fix."

if it changes from on to off sometimes, try not to screw it in and just plug it on top of the psp. Sometimes, when it was screwed in too tight, it kept being shown as off. By loosening the screw it kept switching from off to on, but back again and so on.
Mine works only when not screwed in

You definitely right, when i dont screw the psp it works better, dont know why that would be the case. Thanks.
I get up the 7 sat and about 3 fixed, but it dont locked on tho.

bphc
June 25th, 2007, 20:00
Have you tried getting a fix with the green program? I had alot better luck using that than in Mapthis with my 290, but I then bought a holux receiver... I get full signal in like 15 seconds where I am. Try not moving as the other person suggested, and see how many you sat's you see. I was googling and found somewhere that you need a minimum of 4 sats to get a fix? I'm not sure if it's true though, because the sats triangulate your position so I dont know why you'd need 4, but hey, whatever works for them huh.

the green proggie is the psp290test thinging right?
I tried that but there is no map, it only test to see if everything is ok.

Qman46
June 25th, 2007, 22:20
Yea the green program just shows you if you're getting sats or not. For some reason with my 290 I got alot more sats in that than in Mapthis. That told me something was wrong with the way I had it configured, so if one program works better that means you need to change something in mapthis I'm guessing.

whookidd2009
July 13th, 2007, 08:21
if you get this or anyone else does will they contact me. I have a psp-290 and a psp that isn't modded in any way because i don't want to break it all on my own. i would like to be walked through by someone that has done this before. if you are serious about this you can call 409-853-1494 or e-mail [email protected] or e-mail at [email protected]

ecuatuco
August 5th, 2007, 17:02
where can i get the usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx files please help me

PDG
August 7th, 2007, 18:34
Yea the green program just shows you if you're getting sats or not. For some reason with my 290 I got alot more sats in that than in Mapthis. That told me something was wrong with the way I had it configured, so if one program works better that means you need to change something in mapthis I'm guessing.

Maby you should upgrade to Custom 3.52 M33-2 the same firmware i have and im also running PSP- 290 and mine works great.

check out my tutorials i added to my signature and maby you will have more luck :thumbup: