PDA

View Full Version : Yabause 0.8.5 Released!

BlueCrab
June 24th, 2007, 23:22
Well, its been a while since the last release to come from me, and that can only mean one thing: I'm overdue for one.

So, Yabause 0.8.5 for the Dreamcast has been released today (along with for all the other platforms that Yabause supports). There's not too many Dreamcast-specific changes in this version, so I'm going to keep this newspost kinda brief.

Anyway, you can download it from here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=89991&package_id=94504&release_id=518262

Note, the binary in the yabause-0.8.5-dc.tar.gz file is NOT scrambled already.

ron
June 25th, 2007, 07:37
Thank You.

I'll take a deep look on it.

Thx again

Masta-G
June 25th, 2007, 09:27
Awesome work man:)
So what does it run so far?

BlueCrab
June 25th, 2007, 16:28
Awesome work man:)
So what does it run so far?

It SHOULD run approximately the same things as all the other ports of Yabause. You can look to the Compatibility List on http://yabause.sourceforge.net/ for reference, but it isn't updated particularly often.

I can tell you for sure though that NiGHTS does not run. I haven't had time to implement the odd video mode that NiGHTS uses in the Dreamcast video core. I'm not entirely sure that NiGHTS runs particularly well on the other versions, but I know it at least runs (On the Dreamcast port, it will actually cause the emulator to exit itself). I only use NiGHTS as an example, since I know its one of the more popular games for the Saturn.

Oh, and for one that I know works pretty well (at least up to the title screen) is Magical School Lunar. I can't read Japanese, so I didn't get very far past the title screen on that one. Also, fackue (from DCEmulation) has said that game recently released for free, Return Fire, works (albeit slowly) on Yabause. There are instructions here (http://dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=967172#p967172) on how to burn a single disc with Return Fire and Yabause-DC on it, if you wanna try that out. If you do this, you'll be prompted to take out the disc and exchange it for a Saturn disc (and press start) by Yabause-DC. Ignore that, and just hit start, and it should run.

Elven6
June 25th, 2007, 21:18
Could someone upload a scrambled version like last time? I don't have any compiling tools and I don't really know how to use them.

fackue
June 25th, 2007, 22:11
Could someone upload a scrambled version like last time? I don't have any compiling tools and I don't really know how to use them.
For future reference:

Windows: The easiest program to scamble\unscramble is 1ST_READ.BIN Checker (http://dchelp.dcemulation.com/?1ST_READ.BIN_Checker)

Linux: scramble (http://mc.pp.se/dc/files/scramble.c)

Macintosh: DC (de)scrambler (http://dcemulation.com/1-files/tools/pc/mac/DC_(de)SCRAMBLER.zip)

I_Highway
June 25th, 2007, 23:29
Great work, BlueCrab, as soon as I get my DC back I will try it. This is one of the most ambicious projects, and is nice to see things going forward.

And thanks to fackue too, for his answer to Elven6.

JKKDARK
June 26th, 2007, 00:42
Thanks for the release BlueCrab! I will download it and try on my Dreamcast :D

VampDude
June 26th, 2007, 01:27
Thanks for the release BlueCrab! I will download it and try on my Dreamcast :D

Then you can give some info! :)

wadd0001
June 26th, 2007, 16:46
very nice

GEX is playable :D

OV3RFiEND
June 26th, 2007, 17:42
very nice

GEX is playable :D

sure in slowmotion....

EDIT: i've tested capcom generation's 5 and it's very slow and not really playable at all... so don't waste your cd's...

VampDude
June 26th, 2007, 20:22
sure in slowmotion....

EDIT: i've tested capcom generation's 5 and it's very slow and not really playable at all... so don't waste your cd's...

Yabuse is always slow, the Dreamcastwill never be able to run Saturn games at full speed...

...Not without an accelerator anyway! :D

Dull Blade
June 26th, 2007, 21:59
I thanked already on DCemulation.com, but I'll do it again. Anyways, I was going to test sega rally. but my DC is being gay and wont boot the emulator, yeah I scrammbled it too. [hopes he doesnt have to recaliburate again]

BlueCrab
June 26th, 2007, 22:53
Yabuse is always slow, the Dreamcastwill never be able to run Saturn games at full speed...

...Not without an accelerator anyway! :D

And attitudes like that are precisely what inspire me 2nd most to work on it (first being, of course how much people appreciate the work I put into it).

Nobody ever thought there would be a Saturn emulator at all on the Dreamcast.

I proved them wrong.

Nobody thinks that it will ever be full speed.

I will try to prove them wrong. Even if it seems impossible, I will try to prove them wrong.

wadd0001
June 26th, 2007, 23:01
And attitudes like that are precisely what inspire me 2nd most to work on it (first being, of course how much people appreciate the work I put into it).

I proved them wrong.

I will try to prove them wrong. Even if it seems impossible, I will try to prove them wrong.:thumbup:

Elven6
June 27th, 2007, 16:19
Screw N64 Saturn is the way to go!

VampDude
June 27th, 2007, 23:16

I proved them wrong.

I will try to prove them wrong. Even if it seems impossible, I will try to prove them wrong.

I appreciate the work people put into their emulators, I like the fact that people are always working on them to make improvements on previous builds. But when some people work on their emulators the newer builds aren't too much better than the previous build, I hope one day the Saturn works at full speed and with sound on the Dreamcast in the near future - But I wont be holding my hopes as I have a Saturn console for playing Saturn games, but to oneday compare the two at full speed would be cool :)

I_Highway
June 27th, 2007, 23:58
If that also inspires you, BlueCrab, so, I highly doubt Yabause could get any better.

Just kidding, you have already proved we can trust in you!!!

Christuserloeser
June 28th, 2007, 00:01
Go, BC go ! :)

VampDude
June 28th, 2007, 05:11
Wonder howlong it will be until Yabause is running at near a good 70-80% of fullspeed?

BlueCrab
June 28th, 2007, 06:20
Wonder howlong it will be until Yabause is running at near a good 70-80% of fullspeed?

Its very hard to say. If I had the time to work on it that I'd like to put in it, I'd like to think it would already be at least 30%-50%. But unfortunately, I have very little time to work on Yabause (due to work, other projects, etc).

Sonicboy 101
June 28th, 2007, 11:04

I proved them wrong.

I look forward to it. Good luck! :thumbup: