PDA

View Full Version : Need help with DS emu

Atrum Vas
June 25th, 2007, 07:56
Ok, I have a Games n" Music DS card from datel and I can't get a Snes emulator to work on it. I am thinking about taking it back and using the money from my refund to buy a DS kit with working emulators for a bunch of retro systems if I can't get this thing working. So if someone can help me, please do...

Homerun
June 25th, 2007, 13:58
Well it needs DLDI which Games and Music DOesn't have a patch for yet and I returned mine and I bough the Max Media Dock:)

DanTheManMS
June 25th, 2007, 17:13
The only SNES emulator you'd be able to use would be SNES DS, but unfortunately Loopy has taken down the tools needed to do that and added the DLDI version instead. I'd recommend returning it.

Atrum Vas
June 26th, 2007, 04:38
Damn... oh well, I guess I am going to have to buy one of those flash cards that already have a emulator on them. But anyways, thanks for the help !

DanTheManMS
June 26th, 2007, 06:39
No flash carts have built-in SNES emulators. NES and GBC and SMS, perhaps, but not SNES. Basically, you just need a card that is supported by DLDI and you'll be golden.

Check http://dldi.drunkencoders.com and look at the various devices to see the ones that have DLDI support. Recommended slot-1 devices are the R4, M3 Simply, or Supercard DS.

squeakypants
June 26th, 2007, 21:52
I recommend the R4. It's slot 1, which makes it easier, but it doesn't support some homebrew (slot-2 only homebrew) or GBA games. It uses MicroSD, so as long as you get a fast card (most places selling it bundle with the Kingston Japanese 1gb, which works perfectly), everything works great.

If you want things to be easy, the R4 is the best and cheapest option. All homebrew that supports DLDI works flawlessly. Wifi games work perfectly. Some games don't support download play, but multiplayer always works. I've never had a problem, the only flaw is that it doesn't support GBA games, which no slot-1 will. Also, the spring-loaded microSD slot sticks, but it's not a problem.