PDA

View Full Version : Problems by creating a route

Sharkover
June 25th, 2007, 13:11
Hi guys!
MapThis works really fine for me, but I have a problem by creating routes. Well, not the creating. But if i load them in MapThis, it doesn't load the whole route, it just loads a part of it and if i reach the end i have to load it again to see the next "part". How to solve this problem? Sharkover

Nieko
June 25th, 2007, 20:34
MapThis only shows 400 points max., and then those that are closest to the point on the map where you were when you loaded the route.

GMDL has a way to decide how many midpoints you want to include, but I found it a bit confusing, or you can try my script (at http://nieko.net/tools/getroute.php), which has an option to return no more than 400 points.

Sharkover
June 25th, 2007, 21:12
Hi!
Thanks for your replay. I am from Germany and i want to create a route here, but your script always shows me "Destination location not found! Go back." Is this because the adress includes a "ü" and a "ß"? How to solve this? Thx

Nieko
June 26th, 2007, 09:00
I haven't tested anything using characters with accents. Could you give an existing (sample) address with such characters? Then I'll try and find out why it doesn't find them.

Nieko
June 26th, 2007, 17:10
Well, I found out what the problem was. Accents work just fine, fortunately :)

My script uses maps.google.com to download the route. If you fill in the address you tried there, it also shows it can't find the destination address. However, if you add ", germany" to both addresses, it works just fine.