PDA

View Full Version : Standard 80000004 Message...

MadKat3
June 25th, 2007, 18:38
Okay, so I imagine you've all heard this one before a million times.
"The game could not be started. (80000004)" error message is really getting old now. Don't say google it, because I have and I've tried a million different apparent solutions to it, even a few here and I can't find anything - I wouldn't ask if I hadn't looked all over first.

First of all I was running 1.5 and everything was fine. I did a bit of random searching and discovered that 3.40 (and previous versions) could play PSX games and thought I would try that out. So I upgraded to 3.40-OE A. Then I ripped an "ISO" (not BIN at the time) from my FF7 disc and used autopopstation 4 to convert it. It worked and it worked great. I played it a few times and all worked good. I turned it off and played more...Still everything good. Then one random event and I turn it on - It stops loading (I could tell by the little orange light on the left of the PSP) and then said the "The game could not be started. (80000004)" error.

I tried recopying it over from my computer. Didn't change anything. Then tried Game150 and Game340 folders. Nope. Instead came up with the 80010002 or whatever error (which I think means it was in the wrong directory or was searching for something in the wrong directory). I tried deleting the save files, formatting my Memory Stick, re-ripping the ISO, everything. I even downgraded to 1.5 and up to 3.30 to see if that would work. I even ripped it in BIN format, then converting it with PSX2PSP 1.2, and re-upgrading (via recovery) to 3.40 OE and it still didn't work. All ideas are welcome, or please refer me to appropriate topic, but I have looked and none have seemed to work. The oddest part is it DID work at first.

PS: I'm new here, so if this is in the wrong spot I'm sorry, please move it.

factor remix
June 26th, 2007, 02:27
That sucks man, try re-formatting your memorytick OR using other psp...

Maybe try using other memorystick..

Denisottawa
June 26th, 2007, 03:31
Body, just try to put a UMD disk in the slot and try again.
Good luck.

MadKat3
June 26th, 2007, 05:32
I tried many times with and without the UMD in it to make sure it wasn't that, as well as with and without the 3 config things in recovery mode. To top that off I reformatted my memory stick in my PSP, and on my computer in both FAT and FAT32 formats. I don't have another PSP (and summer break just started here so I have no access to my friends PSPs either). My only other mem. stick is the old 32 MB. I've covered all the bases I think...but there must've been something I did wrong to screw it up.

falco216
June 26th, 2007, 05:35
hold r when you start up your psp

go to configuration

change to 3.40 kernel

theres your problem

kthxbai

MadKat3
June 26th, 2007, 05:42
Even when I go into recovery mode like you said, I can't do that for some reason. I try to select "Configuration" and every time I do it, it just stays green for a few seconds and shuts off (when restarted it still shows the errror). It only does it for that command in there, and the command never worked before - maybe that's why it doesn't work anymore. It didn't work when I'd downgraded to 3.30-OE A either.

MadKat3
July 1st, 2007, 06:00
I've been trying all sorts of things to get it to work the past few days - still nothing. And I don't even know if what you said about the kernel has something to do with it - maybe, but it will never let me into the configuration section. It just stays green and shuts off...:confused:

Axelius
July 1st, 2007, 08:18
If the options in Advanced Configuration in the recovery menu are switched to "enabled", try to disable all of them. These options turned on caused a lot of trouble to one of my friends.

h4s30
July 1st, 2007, 11:57
did you see if your memstick is fake???
go to your memcard on xmb press triangle for info and if its real it should be magic gate supported lol i was having psx issues too today *finally got a 2gig* now i'm working on a final fantasy theme

mycraft
July 2nd, 2007, 09:24
You can thank me later (i registered and everything to tell you this :) ) the reason why u cant run the games anymore is cuz ur flash1 files are corrupt, hence the reason why u cant access the configuration on your recovery menu you need to run Flash1 formatter, do this and everything will be back to normal.

http://www.qj.net/index.php?pg=49&aid=80787

and follow the instructions on the readme

PokeyFun
July 3rd, 2007, 02:24
You can thank me later (i registered and everything to tell you this :) ) the reason why u cant run the games anymore is cuz ur flash1 files are corrupt, hence the reason why u cant access the configuration on your recovery menu you need to run Flash1 formatter, do this and everything will be back to normal.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!! I FINALLY GOT MY GAMES TO WORK AGAIN!!!!

h4s30
July 3rd, 2007, 11:27
too cool

kingmunk
July 4th, 2007, 18:33
OK im having a similar problem, when i try to play Final Fantasy 8 on my psp, firmware 3.40oe-a it loads the sony icon, and then returns and says error message 80000004 game could not be started, i had the first two cd's on it and when i tried to load the 3rd one it wouldnt work, the other two worked fine, i also have FF Tactics and FFVII on it and they work fine. im thinking it might be the file but i dont know as of yet.

MadKat3
July 8th, 2007, 19:34

You are a god!

nomi
July 9th, 2007, 10:23
haha... happy you got ur game to work!