PDA

View Full Version : This Day in Gaming, June 25th

Shrygue
June 25th, 2007, 19:17
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/gaming/history-is-cool%21/this-day-in-gaming-june-25th-271791.php)

2002: Atlus releases Skygunner for PS2 in the US. It's a steampunk flight sim, which is a pretty cool concept. Any fans out there?

2003: LucasArts releases Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb for PS2 in the US. I didn't realize that for the game, 33 minutes of original music were recorded by a 65-piece orchestra. It's too bad that the game itself wasn't better—maybe LucasArts should have made nice with Eidos to do the game some justice.

Tesseract
June 25th, 2007, 23:47
Atlus releases Skygunner for PS2 in the US. It's a steampunk flight sim, which is a pretty cool concept. Any fans out there?

I wanted to love this game. I love the steampunk genre, and had a lot of fun with Tail Concerto.... However, when I got my hands on a demo of the game, I was severely disappointed. The flight controls are just so bloody awkward, that I could barely maneuver properly.

Keep in mind that I've completed all difficulty levels of Ace Combat 4 and 5... I'm not a novice at flight sims.... But this was one of those rare games where I couldn't even play due to the horrible flight mechanics.

I'll forgive you that one, ATLUS. You've been good to me otherwise.

VampDude
June 26th, 2007, 00:20
Not a very good day then, and it's too recent :(