PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun dev sounds off over review scores

Shrygue
June 25th, 2007, 19:28
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=166603)

Mitch Gitelman, head of Shadowrun developer FASA Studio, has given an awesome interview where he talks about the game's review scores: "I think the reviews on my game suck ass and I want to respond."

And he did, via OXM's podcast in a discussion that lasted 45 minutes. Many reviews, including ours, hit the game for not shipping with enough maps and game modes for the full price asked for the title.

We said: "The biggest disappointment in this otherwise fairly enjoyable shooter is the lack of content once you've finally grasped the formula. There are only nine similar-looking maps to choose from, with more expected down the line via downloadable content."

He said, "The most important thing is the value of what you're getting...and I think there is value there at the $60 price point."

It's a frank and honest discussion and as GamesRadar points out, "Gitelman is neither hostile nor baiting; it's just a good, meaty discussion."

sick made j
June 25th, 2007, 20:22
I must say that I will be hurt if I have to pay for any extra maps...

Shadowblind
June 25th, 2007, 20:25
Shadowrun really is an amazing game. All they needed to do was make better weapons and a story mode and that game would be the GREATEST FPS of the new age. Its so unique and amazing