PDA

View Full Version : PSPoste: Email Client for PSP Beta 6.1 (Full IR Keyboard support)

zx-81
June 26th, 2007, 20:40
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/images/psposte-snap.jpg

Hi all,

Here is a release of PSPoste the famous email client application for PSP written
by David Cummings, Ben Biron and Sajeeth Cherian (see http://www.psposte.org for details).

My contribution to this projet is MINOR, all credits should remain to original authors !

What's new then ? it should now supports more than one IR-keyboard model :) !

The IR keyboard stuff is based on the work of Harald Fielker (author of the PSP IR Keyboard Library).

This version has been tested using a Targus Universal IR Wireless keyboard,
and see README-IRKBD.TXT for details.

It is distributed under GNU licence, and sources are provided.

Enjoy,

Zx.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

pt9087
June 26th, 2007, 21:06
Lol nice, i will give it ago!

DarthPaul
June 26th, 2007, 21:07
Thanks man,downloaded. :D

trigger_
June 28th, 2007, 10:21
Hi

I've been trying to get this to work but no luck. I keep getting a "Error connecting socket, Host is unreachable" error.

These are the settings I am trying to connect with:

Outgoing: smtp1.mail.com, PORT: 25
Incoming: pop1.mail.com, PORT: 110
Username: johnsmith:mail.com#mail.com
Password: *******

and I keep getting the same error. Now its definitely not a server-side issue, because I can use the same settings above in Outlook and POP3 web-based sites and it works fine.

I get the error when I go into Messages, press Triangle, and select 'Check Mail'.

Note I was trying it out on my home router...it has WEP security (but there are no settings apart from the 2 timeouts to set, anyway, in PSPPoste!)

Any ideas?

Regards
trigger_

btw if you have to ask, the answer is yes, my WiFi switch is ON and I can browse using my PSP browser when I'm trying above. :)

btw2: ZX81...love your work! :thumbup:

trigger_
July 2nd, 2007, 09:51
Just wanted to update the forum to say I got PSPoste working. It looks like I was using the wrong version. I should have been using the fw1.5 (and not the fw3.x).

Anyway, it works great :thumbup: and will be very useful on my travels.

But I have noticed one bug, and also have a few suggestions, so here they are:

1. Bug: the Delete (message) option on the drop-down menu doesn't seem to work. If you delete messages from your Inbox, exit the app, and start it up again, its reappears. In the end, I had to use the file manager in PSP-PDA to delete the files manually!

2. Suggestion: there should be a 'Test Connection' button on the Connection tab in Settings

3. Suggestion: After you click 'Check Mail', there should be a connection confirmation message (successful or not)

4. Suggestion: there should be some contrast, maybe in the header, in the View Message screen. At the moment its just a flat white background.

Ok, look forward to future versions of this great app!

Cheers
trigger_

zx-81
July 2nd, 2007, 22:15
thanks for your feedback :)

Kakkaman
July 2nd, 2007, 22:28
Is this Lua or EBOOT?
It looks good...

zx-81
July 2nd, 2007, 22:40
Is this Lua or EBOOT?
It looks good...

It's EBOOT ...

bordewolf
July 8th, 2007, 12:52
Hi Guys, thanks for this awesome program!!!

If i can get my gmail account to work!
I get the message when checking mail: message retrieve failed. Greeting error.

In my accounts I have the following settings:
Selected Account: GMail
Email address: [email protected]
Reply to: [email protected]
Outgoing Server
Address: pop.gmail.com
Port: 995, TLS checked
Username: [email protected]
Password: mypassword
Incoming Server
Address: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 465, TLS checked
username: [email protected]
Password: mypassword

In my gmail i have turned the setting Forwarding and POP to Enable POP for all mail.

Has my problem anything to do with portforwarding in my router?!?!

Thanks for the advice...

Greetings,

bordewolf
July 8th, 2007, 16:20
Hi, saw the mistake I made: I switched the pop3 and smtp server. Now it works!

Bye.

KeTaMiNa
August 11th, 2007, 01:51
I can't understand way i can't write in this homebrew! No way to write with irkeyboard, and no way to write with classic on screen keyboard!

cybergod
February 8th, 2009, 05:09
Bodewolf

You actually go this to work? I have been trying to get this little gem working with Gmail for ages, have even tried to use different free email accounts. I have checked the forums on this and they keep saying it WILL NOT work where you have to use SSL. This is a basic requiement of GMail using POP3. I wil try all the settings you have stated, and hope.