PDA

View Full Version : The Truth About 'Free' Stuff

Stigmatized
June 26th, 2007, 22:11
Okay, so before I start I would just like to say that I am following the rules of this forum, I am not posting links to any 'pyramid schemes', I just simply want to explain them, in detail to people, as I feel they have a lot of potential that people don't realise or believe. Note: They aren't actually pyramid schemes, I'll explain this also. Okay, here we go!

Firstly, the sites are design for 1) so people can obtain free gifts, yes actually free, I'll tell you why later, and 2) so that companies, like Lovefilm can advertise themselves (I'm sure you've seen Lovefilm advertised on TV.. with Bruce Willis crying? yeah you know the one!)

The 'free' websites are linked with well known companies, like Lovefilm, Blockbuster, Gala Bingo (another televised company). When someone signs up to the 'free' website, they are required to complete an offer. This offer relates to the company, e.g. Lovefilm. The offer will have certain requirements, for Lovefilm it would be to sign up to the free 14 day trial, and receive a DVD. This way Lovefilm is attracting potential customers to their company. When someone meets these offer requirements, they receive an offer credit. This offer credit counts towards their free gift, and the 'free' website receives commission from the company, around £15.

So when/if you have ever signed up to a free website, it gives you the choice of various gifts, using the latest technology as this appeals to many people. The gift will say something like "6 referrals", this means that when the person has signed up, completed their offer, they must get 6 friends to also do the same. This means that the 'free' website will make around £90, which is enough to get an iPod for example (it's usually cheaper as they tend to buy in bulk).

When your account has met the requirements, e.g. you have completed your offer, and so have your friends, you will receive your free chosen gift. In this, you have received something, and the website will have gained profit via the advertised companies, who in turn would have hopefully gained some customers!

So many people think that these websites are scams, which I will admit I did too at first, simply because people don't really think they can get things for free, or when they see the whole "refer 5 friends" thing they just think its a scam, or wonder how they will convince their friends. There are lots of forums, one which I am a long term member of, where people can offer trades, e.g. I'll sign up to so and so site for you and gain you an offer credit, if you sign up to the site I'm signed up to and give me a credit (there both members of the party are gaining someting).. this saves having to search and convince friends as you will find these people in the forum communities.

There are of course terms and conditions for these websites, like you cannot have more than one account on one website, sign up to the same offer more than once (as this is classed as fraud).. etc etc, just read the Terms and Conditions.

I don't have any motives for making this thread, I just want people to be more aware of the freebie community as I feel its a good community, and worth a week or so work getting friends to sign up in order to get an iPod, DS, PS3, PSP etc. I'll of course answer any questions anyone has, and if anyone does want to sign up to a site, I'd be happy to recommend some sites, and forums to go to for help.

I'm sorry if people don't appreciate this, I'm not trying to send out links or anyting, just trying to help others, you never know you could get a PSP :)

Stigma

SnesR0X
June 26th, 2007, 22:18
Which website do you think is the best overall, and does it ship worldwide? A lot of them don't ship to Canada....

Nice reviews btw

Stigmatized
June 26th, 2007, 22:40
www.xpango.com allow worldwide sign ups. Its a good website, if not a little complicated at times, however, offers various ways in which you can earn credits. If you find you like the site, and want to sign up under me I'd be happy to link you, if not I honestly don't mind if you go on ahead and sign up.

SnesR0X
June 26th, 2007, 22:44
For advising this one to me, I'd be happy to refer you

kcajblue
June 26th, 2007, 23:03
hey Stigmatized.
whats your referral id so i can enter it when i register.

ganondorf
June 27th, 2007, 01:21
Yeah, me 2.

ganondorf
June 27th, 2007, 01:26
oh, and.. did you ever actually get something yet?

This sounds very real. Im trying www.xpango.com

VampDude
June 27th, 2007, 01:36
Okay, so before I start I would just like to say that I am following the rules of this forum, I am not posting links to any 'pyramid schemes', I just simply want to explain them, in detail to people, as I feel they have a lot of potential that people don't realise or believe. Note: They aren't actually pyramid schemes, I'll explain this also. Okay, here we go!

Firstly, the sites are design for 1) so people can obtain free gifts, yes actually free, I'll tell you why later, and 2) so that companies, like Lovefilm can advertise themselves (I'm sure you've seen Lovefilm advertised on TV.. with Bruce Willis crying? yeah you know the one!)

The 'free' websites are linked with well known companies, like Lovefilm, Blockbuster, Gala Bingo (another televised company). When someone signs up to the 'free' website, they are required to complete an offer. This offer relates to the company, e.g. Lovefilm. The offer will have certain requirements, for Lovefilm it would be to sign up to the free 14 day trial, and receive a DVD. This way Lovefilm is attracting potential customers to their company. When someone meets these offer requirements, they receive an offer credit. This offer credit counts towards their free gift, and the 'free' website receives commission from the company, around £15.

So when/if you have ever signed up to a free website, it gives you the choice of various gifts, using the latest technology as this appeals to many people. The gift will say something like "6 referrals", this means that when the person has signed up, completed their offer, they must get 6 friends to also do the same. This means that the 'free' website will make around £90, which is enough to get an iPod for example (it's usually cheaper as they tend to buy in bulk).

When your account has met the requirements, e.g. you have completed your offer, and so have your friends, you will receive your free chosen gift. In this, you have received something, and the website will have gained profit via the advertised companies, who in turn would have hopefully gained some customers!

So many people think that these websites are scams, which I will admit I did too at first, simply because people don't really think they can get things for free, or when they see the whole "refer 5 friends" thing they just think its a scam, or wonder how they will convince their friends. There are lots of forums, one which I am a long term member of, where people can offer trades, e.g. I'll sign up to so and so site for you and gain you an offer credit, if you sign up to the site I'm signed up to and give me a credit (there both members of the party are gaining someting).. this saves having to search and convince friends as you will find these people in the forum communities.

There are of course terms and conditions for these websites, like you cannot have more than one account on one website, sign up to the same offer more than once (as this is classed as fraud).. etc etc, just read the Terms and Conditions.

I don't have any motives for making this thread, I just want people to be more aware of the freebie community as I feel its a good community, and worth a week or so work getting friends to sign up in order to get an iPod, DS, PS3, PSP etc. I'll of course answer any questions anyone has, and if anyone does want to sign up to a site, I'd be happy to recommend some sites, and forums to go to for help.

I'm sorry if people don't appreciate this, I'm not trying to send out links or anyting, just trying to help others, you never know you could get a PSP :)

Stigma

I think this is one of those pyramid schemes where you refer 6 or so people then they each have to refer 6 people then those 6 each have to refer 6 people each and so on and so on, I don't do these because they are mostly scams. I've never actually known anyone to have actually gotten anything, only the fakers on eBay who have something to sell then at the end they give you a referal address to refer them so they become closer to getting whatever it is they want the referals for.

lmtlmt
June 27th, 2007, 04:32
Most are scams but a few are real VampDude, once all i had to do to get a free ps3 was get a free ringtone, i have the free ringtone but i am still waiting for my ps3 :p but i already own one so it doesnt matter that much.

Man
June 27th, 2007, 05:17
Lol, a buddy of mine from Holland got me do do a referral for and ipod photo, like 3-4 years ago, i never found out if he got it or not. Went to xango, each credit runs close to 30USD, and you need like 14 credits for psp, somthing like 44 for ps3, 22 for xbox 360. thats quite a bit of money.

lmtlmt
June 27th, 2007, 05:34
Doesnt sound like a really good buddy if you havnt spoken to him in 3 - 4 years or if you have and you never asked him about it :p

Stigmatized
June 27th, 2007, 10:58
Hey guys.

It isn't a scam, or a pyramid scheme! As I explained in the first post. There are lots of legitimate sites, and as I have worked for one before, I know that they are legitimate. I have received a 360, Wii, PS3, iPod, PSP, Paypal cash, DS Lite, Games, Digital Camera.. loads of stuff. I'll post some pictures below of some of the things!

There are other sites which are open to US and UK, including www.real-incentives.com (They are very good and are quick with support questions) If you want to sign up and want to be referred just PM me :) They offer iPods, Game consoles, Games, PVP's, Laptops..

Other sites, which are UK are www.forfree4u.com (once again really good!)

www.wiiforfree.co.uk (Part of forfree4u.. but offering Wii's instead!)

www.freebiejeebies.com (Also good!)

There are lots more! Xpango is slightly different as it offers a different way of gaining credits, its a bit more awkward than the rest which are more simple, but that is really the only legitimate site open to Canada. The rest I mentioned are UK, and Real Incentives is UK and US.

Please feel free to ask more questions, I'm here to help :)

Anyone wanting to sign up to a site and want to be referred PM me I'll gladly refer you, if not I honestly don't mind :)

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2744/stigmaxbox360in5.jpg

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/73/gdswy8.jpg

ganondorf
June 27th, 2007, 13:27
WOW! your telling the truth. I have gotta try this out.

kcajblue
June 27th, 2007, 13:55
im going to give up on the wii and just go for an mp3 player cause its only 4 referrals.
can anyone refer me? (use the link in my sig)

Man
June 27th, 2007, 15:12
im going to give up on the wii and just go for an mp3 player cause its only 4 referrals.

ill refer you, if its not to much of a pain in the A$$. lol

Doesnt sound like a really good buddy if you havnt spoken to him in 3 - 4 years or if you have and you never asked him about it :p

meh, the hole, trans-continent thing, really doesnt help. Lol, i just never talk to him anymore.

pt9087
June 27th, 2007, 15:34

Lol, if you want apsonutly FREEE stuff, no offers or anything go to www.ezyrewards.com it takes a while to do it because you get points for surveys, like PSP is 36000 points but you can get 80 point for every survey.

My referal is /?id=146399 at the end of the link.

Lol i have 23500 points, i only regesterd a few weeks ago!

Stigmatized
June 28th, 2007, 19:00
The only problem with that way ^^ is that it takes a very very long time, and usually can only do one survery (the same one) once a day which can be kind of long.

http://shurl.org/freewiis (for Wii's) - Only 10 referrals here!
http://shurl.org/freemp3s (for Mp3's)
http://shurl.org/freegaming (for games for your consoles)
http://shurl.org/freedigicam (for digital cameras!)

If anyone wants anymore links just give me a shout, there's console only ones, PVP's, Laptops, Apple only stuff.. just let me know!

Good luck everyone, its so worth it!