PDA

View Full Version : 3.02 IE-A for 3.02 OE-x

wraggster
June 27th, 2007, 06:37
News/release from Becus25:

Custom Firmware 3.02 IE - A Update1

It is a extension for OE.
With it you can have on one nand the improvements of firmware 3.xx, the OE kernel and the IE.

For install put the PSP folder in the root of your memory stick.
Then install it.
Later of this, enable the autoboot option (OE Recovery {press R on power on the PSP}) and you will have the IE also !.
For launch the IE recovery press START.
NOTE : For use the new autoboot function , activate it from the recovery of IE.

Install it from 3.02 OE-x

Enjoy!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Buddy4point0
June 27th, 2007, 06:39
so is this update only for the nand, so only UP users can use this firmware??

eatnooM
June 27th, 2007, 10:35
The flash chip in your PSP is also NAND flash, so I doubt you need a modchip.

tvrstl
June 27th, 2007, 12:58
but who's still on 3.02??

anyway, what's the difference between the recovery menus?

and does this work for other OE's?

seemed like that on the post

eatnooM
June 27th, 2007, 13:12
I believe you can install it from any OE based on 3.02. Given how long it is since I was using that, I have no idea how many choices that gives you :p

Cloudhunter
June 27th, 2007, 16:08
How lame is this - it is just an autobooting homebrew.

Who cares about IE-A features in 3.02 OE? And more to the point, who even uses 3.02 OE?

Yet another crap release...

Cloudy

DarthPaul
June 27th, 2007, 16:41
It could be a crap,but at least it's a great improvement for the Becus25's firmwares. If he keeps like this he'll reach the 3.50 some day soon,and that would be great.

Cloudhunter
June 27th, 2007, 17:11
It isn't a great improvement... It's just tacked onto Dark_AleX's firmware :confused:

Cloudy

Anger
June 28th, 2007, 01:05
i would like to see you do better. how about you think about what you say before you put down another persons hard work eh?
anyway who cares what it is - the previous custom firmware he released was totally different from d_a's firmware. this is almost on par with d_a's firmware yet its different. just because you dont like it (i doubt you have even tried installing this) doesnt mean everyones gonna hate it. sure you have your opinion but really your opinion would carry weight if your comment was constructive instead of insulting.
i have been known to say stupid things like this on my bad days however i really think you should at the very least try it before you start insulting peoples hard work.

burrito
June 28th, 2007, 01:18
It could be a crap,but at least it's a great improvement for the Becus25's firmwares. If he keeps like this he'll reach the 3.50 some day soon,and that would be great.
By the time he gets to 3.50, Dark Alex will be on 5.00.

razorak
June 28th, 2007, 03:58
Juz because someone started running earlier than you doesn't mean u can't catch up.

tvrstl
June 28th, 2007, 11:07
It has been about 6 months ++ (wasn't into homebrew before january) since 3.02 OE went out, and why does he still work on that??

maby he's been working hard, but who cares if nobody uses it?

Dark~AleX is a bit more up to date, so therefore I won't bother trying his Firmware..

Like 3.40 OE better than 3.02 OE to put it that way!

Anger
June 29th, 2007, 12:10
how can you dislike something you havnt tried? maybe it has better compatability with homebrew? maybe it is better with noumd? you just dont know in what way it is different. dont put something down untill you try it - then you can say what you think.

Cloudhunter
June 29th, 2007, 13:17
i would like to see you do better. how about you think about what you say before you put down another persons hard work eh?
anyway who cares what it is - the previous custom firmware he released was totally different from d_a's firmware. this is almost on par with d_a's firmware yet its different. just because you dont like it (i doubt you have even tried installing this) doesnt mean everyones gonna hate it. sure you have your opinion but really your opinion would carry weight if your comment was constructive instead of insulting.
i have been known to say stupid things like this on my bad days however i really think you should at the very least try it before you start insulting peoples hard work.

You know the reason it's "on-par" with Dark_AleX's firmware?

It IS Dark_AleX's firmware, with a crappy autobooting eboot which gives the recovery menu of IE!

This can't even be considered a custom firmware, it's just a cheap add-on to make the creator look cool.

All I'm doing is just trying to prevent more bricks - his 1.50 based custom firmware causes many semi-bricks.

how can you dislike something you havnt tried? maybe it has better compatability with homebrew? maybe it is better with noumd? you just dont know in what way it is different. dont put something down untill you try it - then you can say what you think.

If you were smart, you'd realise that this does nothing to no-umd, or anything else for that matter.

Cloudy

Anger
June 29th, 2007, 23:56
i dont know exactly what it does but my point was that i doubted that you did, this is why i dont know what it offers thats different from d_a's one. obviously i was wrong about you not knowing what it can do however i dont think it is a cheap addon - its not possible to install dark__alex's then ie which proves it makes significant changes. it either has to be one or the other and that makes it totally different.
while i do think your reasoning for putting the software down is admirable it is also wrong - it has exactly the same risk as dark_alex's firmware.
if your right about it being an addon to d_a firmwares then it isnt any more risky than d_a's own anyway.
and i still think your comments about someones hard work (addon bolt-on whatever) is just plain rude. theres no need to insult the guys work even if you hate it which you obviously do.

Lodis
June 30th, 2007, 02:43
How lame is this - it is just an autobooting homebrew.

Who cares about IE-A features in 3.02 OE? And more to the point, who even uses 3.02 OE?

Yet another crap release...

Cloudy

I really doubt you could do equal or better but lets just say for arguments sake that you could. Would you still refer to this custom firmware as crap and lame?

What ever happened to constructive criticism and respect. Seriously, I don't know why anyone bothers releasing anything to the Psp homebrew community because most of them do not deserve it.

Anger
June 30th, 2007, 03:07
i agree to a point - seeing the responses posted by cloudhunter i can see why many good coders leave the scene. however people like him are in the minority (thank god) but i fear that times are changing.
i wish the creator of the custom firmware was here to defend his program(s) because im not doing so good a job.