PDA

View Full Version : *** OFFICIAL Daedalus PSP R13 Compatibility Poll ***

Pages : [1] 2

CaptainMorgan4
June 27th, 2007, 06:55
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

********* The poll is now official no more votes after this post will count, the official turn out was 394 votes *************

The Official 3 Titles that will be worked on for R13 are:

1. Zelda OoT
2. Goldeneye
3. Diddy Kong Racing

** The Poll Has Been Official Since 7/7/07 **

pibs
June 27th, 2007, 07:03
such great games its a shame we only get to vote once.

Wally
June 27th, 2007, 07:13
Wouldnt it be better off if we could choose what we want to see improved in R13 instead of what game we want?

Makes life a bit easier for everyone..

Im not going to choose diddy kong :P so forget it :)

Banjo Kazooie purely because its an awesome game and I am yet to beat it on my N64 :D

CaptainMorgan4
June 27th, 2007, 07:32
Well I'm not saying StrmnNrmn has to just work on titles for R13 he will still continue his work on adding ME support and any other optimisations he has planned. This is just giving him perspective on which titles for compatability in R13 that we would like to see. Personally I want Diddy Kong Racing, mainly since it's a GREAT 1player game and since there is no multiplayer yet it would be nice to play.

LordSturm
June 27th, 2007, 07:44
Imagine Goldeneye64, over WiFi... :D

EvilSeph
June 27th, 2007, 07:46
Working on compatibility for one bloody game is like replacing the steering wheel or suspension to fix a car with flat tires.

If you're just looking for the simple solution, you won't discover anything more than it. By focusing on one game, that's all that will be dealt with and any other innovations like perhaps a feature that results in a larger percentile of working games will no longer be something probable.

Focus should be put on improving the application as a whole, not increasing compatibility with a few games.

ninja9393
June 27th, 2007, 07:53
Goldeneye would be cool but i guess for now i will play it on my computer

jedikevin20
June 27th, 2007, 08:15
I kinda hope he morely makes more optimization to get more games in genral to run faster. He statd he added no optimization in this release (that is the general optimization stuff). I kinda hope strom takes a page out of exophase and gpsp and release more general updates with little bit on big games so we get major optimization overall and litle bit more tweaking in one or two games per release. I just don;t want strom... to put optimize certain games to like 80% fullspeed like ssb and keep doing that and never really get games going in fullspeed mode cuz he's been bogged down working in xyz game trying to get that one game running faster. I look at this ssb and i;m like omg awesome trom is great. Only prob was that he had to focus a whole update to geth that one game running at the speed its at. Have a nice summer vacation strom. you deserve every sec of it. Lighter note. I voeted for mario kart lol. Doesn;t seem like he would have much to do to get that going pretty fast and I think he could get it going good in a really short time. If he got that to 30+ fps it would just about feel like its fullspeed. at the 18-20 we get now it seems pretty good but that little hump will get it going prefect.

-Xandu-
June 27th, 2007, 08:25
No Super Smash?

jedikevin20
June 27th, 2007, 08:28
i doubt people would vote for a game people just got to run way better. Would kinda make no sense.

SiZiOUS
June 27th, 2007, 12:05
GoldenEye for me ! ;)

IDidMyTime
June 27th, 2007, 16:19
Why on earth has Daedalus been chosen for the port?

We will never get any games like Conker to work full speed because of the ram limitations, Surely it would of been better to port UltraHLE, then we could of atleast have a chance of a decent emulator which could run Goldeneye and Super Mario perfectly.

Daedalus imo will never be a decent emu, we will be lucky to get 1 game running full speed. Nice proof of concept though.

turtleguy101
June 27th, 2007, 16:20
first person shooters are lame on the psp. As cool as you think goldeneye IS, first person shooters just wern't made for the psp.... diddy kong racing all the way =D

SpacemanSpiff
June 27th, 2007, 16:32
Why on earth has Daedalus been chosen for the port?

We will never get any games like Conker to work full speed because of the ram limitations, Surely it would of been better to port UltraHLE, then we could of atleast have a chance of a decent emulator which could run Goldeneye and Super Mario perfectly.

Daedalus imo will never be a decent emu, we will be lucky to get 1 game running full speed. Nice proof of concept though.

1. StrmnNrmn was the original author of Daedalus, you'd think he'd rather use his own code base that he was familiar with, right?

2. As far as I can tell UltraHLE source code was never officially released. It was leaked but the code that was leaked was old/buggy and the developers wouldn't be too happy with someone using it for a major projfect like this.

3. All roms are cached so the PSP's lack of RAM isn't a limiting factor in getting games to run.

4. Your post would've made more sense if it was made around a year ago. There are plenty of games that run well with the last few releases.

SpacemanSpiff
June 27th, 2007, 16:35
Oh yeah, VOTE ZELDA! I'm tired of it crahing every time I enter the room with the slingshot. F-Zero would also be nice, you were able to start a death match race in R10 and it ran pretty fast (35-50 fps or so) but it mysteriously stopped loading at all with R11.

DarthPaul
June 27th, 2007, 16:49
Zelda: Ocarina of Time here. :D
Perfecting Super Mario 64 or Super Smash Bros. would be great,but I would like to see some other games running at playable speed before that. I don't want to be playing Mario because it's playable,and when I beat it I won't have any other game to play. It'll be better to have all games playable at once.

SmashinGit
June 27th, 2007, 16:50
I voted for Goldeneye simply because I think it will work well on the psp. Fzero and Diddy Kong Racing would be great as well.

June 27th, 2007, 16:54
Could you add FZero in your next poll for R14 please, i would have choice that.

Anyway i picked Golden Eye

Gold Line
June 27th, 2007, 16:55
zelda mm because i have zelda oot on my gamecube so i'm not too bothered about oot on psp

mrgone
June 27th, 2007, 16:58
that list sucks :D

sin & punishment is the game i would vote :)

RV2006
June 27th, 2007, 17:00
Paper Mario
No question...

mavsman4457
June 27th, 2007, 17:02
Let's go mario kart. I would say golden eye or mario party but let's face it, until we get multiplayer working, hypothetically we eventually will get it, those games just can't reach their full potential.

optimal
June 27th, 2007, 17:03
it would be awesome if Mario party was wifi.^^

Sharpy
June 27th, 2007, 17:09
Goldeneye's for certain, it's an absolute gem, it would be amazing to have that running very well on the PSP so that's definitely my choice.

sillydonkey
June 27th, 2007, 17:42
Zelda Ocarina of Time all the way

lilbart90
June 27th, 2007, 18:52
I want paper mario to run better, this game is so great to play, and its a long game. Super Mario 64 would of been my first choice except that it runs nice a smooth on my psp. Even with audio enabled so it doesnt really matter to me if they perfect that, what i really want it paper mario.

Iceman^2
June 27th, 2007, 18:58
Focusing on one game is a really good idea. Other games may work if one game is fixed. Besides, it's progress!

Ihavenolife
June 27th, 2007, 18:58
I think strmnrmn can improve at least one or two games (Like Super Smash Bros. and whatever wins this poll, perhaps) and that will be able to tide us over as he does work to improve overall compatability and graphical issues. If we have a few games working properly, there will be less pressure on him to release a new version, so it won't seem out of place if he returns two months later with a 10% speedup.

I voted for Diddy Kong Racing, but I'm pretty sure all the zelda fans out there are going to win. :(

starogre
June 27th, 2007, 19:01
mario 64 because whichever other game he works on will still not be fun to play in super slow motion after the next release

PS. Why are people voting for zelda? I bet even after the next release it will still be super slowmo and not be fun to play...unless he can prove me wrong... ;)

anyhow, he should work on ME support in my opinion, because whats a game without sound? why would you want to play through the whole zelda game without sound, that SOUNDS (no pun intended) like a waste of time to me

mario 64 imo will be very close to perfection if he solely works on that, especially if he stays on a roll like he has been

and another thing, same goes for goldeneye, thats no fun without multiplayer OR sound, save that till last...

Harshboy
June 27th, 2007, 19:08
Either of the Zelda Games, Goldeneye, or Conkers Bad Fur Day. Those were truly the best N64 Games ever :D

June 27th, 2007, 19:18
some people bvoted multiple time, 30 min and 10 more vote for zelda , 0 for others hmmm.......

Jonesyxxiv
June 27th, 2007, 19:19
Zelda OOT because it is the best game ever made(that is a fact). Conkers BFD and Zelda MM would also be good. Perfect Dark isnt on the list but that would be great too.

some people bvoted multiple time, 30 min and 10 more vote for zelda , 0 for others hmmm.......

What are you talking about?

Sonicboy 101
June 27th, 2007, 19:28
I'd have to say Goldeneye.

CaptainMorgan4
June 27th, 2007, 19:30
I want Diddy Kong Racing since it's the best game on that list IMO that is good for 1 player and when multiplayer gets working it'll be an even better game. Come on DKR fan come out here and vote!!

jak66
June 27th, 2007, 19:36
I voted OoT, although if i had noticed banjo was on the list before voting, i woulda gone with that

I want Diddy Kong Racing since it's the best game on that list IMO that is good for 1 player and when multiplayer gets working it'll be an even better game. Come on DKR fan come out here and vote!!

maybe all the DKR fans bought a DS and have that version, not expecting it on PSP, lol, but i agree its a good game, even on single player

brasssmunky
June 27th, 2007, 19:37
looks like peple want zelda the most
bah, conkers FTW.

CaptainMorgan4
June 27th, 2007, 19:43
Oh I knew the Zelda fans would overwhelm the votes but it's under my understanding that StrmnNrmn is going to be looking at the TOP 3 GAMES that are voted the highest. Please NOTE people that this poll DOES NOT mean StrmnNrmn will only be working on compatability for R13, this is just what titles we want him to work on. This does not mean StrmnNrmn will not being putting in further optimizations, this is just the compatabiity part of R13.

June 27th, 2007, 20:07
paper mario turn now to get boosted

amadeus
June 27th, 2007, 20:13
Either of the Zeldas would do me.

Goldeneye was a great game. But without multiplayer it wont be the same.

maxi_jac
June 27th, 2007, 20:15
I vote for Zelda OOT !

I'd love to play this game on my psp :)

++ B.

cyclonus002
June 27th, 2007, 20:18
You people...complain about what only you want...Why not be happy all of this can even be done on the psp...?

parkermauney
June 27th, 2007, 20:20
I've never found a working paper mario dump, so I'll wait for it on VC.

I voted for sm64 perfection, hopefully support for extended roms.

donutman
June 27th, 2007, 20:22
yea i voted for Zelda ocarina of time cuz thats the best game ever n u ppl noe it!!

bodie
June 27th, 2007, 20:35
Oh I knew the Zelda fans would overwhelm the votes but it's under my understanding that StrmnNrmn is going to be looking at the TOP 3 GAMES that are voted the highest. Please NOTE people that this poll DOES NOT mean StrmnNrmn will only be working on compatability for R13, this is just what titles we want him to work on. This does not mean StrmnNrmn will not being putting in further optimizations, this is just the compatabiity part of R13.

Well, i think someone should make a totally unbiased poll, one that clearly isn't someone's favourites list. To have such a small amount of games to choose from is comical if nothing else, and i would assume very little help in the grand scheme of things.
Conkers Bad Fur Day would be a bad choice for a start (My personal favourite game on N64.) You only have to go back to the early days of pj64 when the cpu's of the day were a limiting factor. It required a much higher system requirement to run certain games (Conker/Perfect Dark anyone!?,) transfer that thinking to the already extremely limited hardware of the psp. Not sure that realistically we are going to see such games any time soon, or ever.

I would personally like to see more work to get a handful of games that are already running, full speed with sound. With some progress made in regards to using the ME.
Sorry if that doesn't sit well with your loaded poll Morgan! And i would have voted, but i can't see the option to have a copy of Diddy Kong Racing complete with console rammed up your arse. :p :D

Can somebody else do a proper poll?:thumbup:
Bodie.

Sterist
June 27th, 2007, 20:41
Banjo Kazooie purely because its an awesome game and I am yet to beat it on my N64 :D

you havent beat it yet?! lol wut lvl r u on

CaptainMorgan4
June 27th, 2007, 20:43
First of all read the posts, this poll's options of titles are not "my favorite games" they are popular requested games from other threads before the poll was made. These were the most requested games to be on the list, so if you have a problem with it take it up with everyone here. If you ask me I think you should just leave or vote because StrmnNrmn and other homebrew fans don't need your negative energy. The poll isn't biased so please take your comments elsewhere, let us who actually like StrmnNrmn's work get along with the voting and enjoying R12.

donutman
June 27th, 2007, 20:53
i agree with Captain Morgan4!
he has a point bodie n if u really want a better poll than go make it urself and quit being so negative!!!

burrito
June 27th, 2007, 21:08
I would vote Super Smash Bros, but it isn't on the list....

xcjzerox
June 27th, 2007, 21:17
goemon great adventure
Mystical Ninja please please

bodie
June 27th, 2007, 21:20
First of all read the posts, this poll's options of titles are not "my favorite games" they are popular requested games from other threads before the poll was made. These were the most requested games to be on the list, so if you have a problem with it take it up with everyone here. If you ask me I think you should just leave or vote because StrmnNrmn and other homebrew fans don't need your negative energy. The poll isn't biased so please take your comments elsewhere, let us who actually like StrmnNrmn's work get along with the voting and enjoying R12.
I wouldn't say having a little more knowledge in something is "negativity". I would think of it more as a realistic aim, and for the majority too, and not just for myself. If you see this as negativity then i would read again what i said. So you mentioned that this was a list made up of the "most requested games", yet i have seen a greater number than that being mentioned numerous amounts of times throughout these very forums. But that wouldn't give Diddy Kong Racing a fair chance of making StrmnNrmn's todo list..Would it!?
And to say i don't appreciate StrmnNrmn's work is completely wrong, i have always been a great admirer of his work. And i believe he's got a good shot at making some of the more obvious roms run full speed with sound. And i have a genuine love for the n64 console and emulation in general, which is probably why i am a moderator on the Pj64 forum since 2001, and helped test a number of things. And your contribution to the scene is what exactly?

I haven't come here to argue with you, just that i would rather have seen a poll by someone like Wally who doesn't mention "Diddy Kong Racing" in every other post. That's it and that's all!
Bodie
Also this: The reason why Diddy Kong Racing runs so fast is that it doesn't display anything significant.
I am not against you Morgan, but i would have an infinite amount of respect for you if your personal choices were to the benefit of everyone. ;)

bodie
June 27th, 2007, 21:27
I would vote Super Smash Bros, but it isn't on the list....

Agreed Taco, that is exactly my point. The list isn't anywhere near comprehensive enough.

Veskgar
June 27th, 2007, 21:31
Well, I had fun testing out the new release of Daedalus with some of the ROMS that play pretty good. As always, its very remarkable to see N64 games being played on the PSP. However, with no games really playable at full speed with sound, you just fire up the EMU, test out different ROMS, and then the fun is over.

Definitely Zelda OOT would be my "favorite" game, but since Mario 64 already runs so well, I'd like to see that perfected with sound.

The progression I'd like to see is optimizations without breaking games. This may be a slower rate of progress but better overall. A part of me wishes that maybe just 1 or 2 games were fully playable with sound but I know that may not be the best way to go about this emulator.

Either way, Daedalus is certainly one of the most impressive emulation feats of PSP homebrew and I am thankful for the tremendous effort put into making it. Nintendo 64 on the PSP is fast becoming a reality that many had no idea would even be possible.

- Veskgar

donutman
June 27th, 2007, 21:32
it might not be on the list because he is already workin on it dork

m_d_uk
June 27th, 2007, 21:36
Goldeneye all the way :D

mesosade
June 27th, 2007, 21:37
You have no right to just join this site and blatantly insult another member. if you want to go start flaming do it anywhere other than here thank you :)

bodie
June 27th, 2007, 21:44
Oh my god! I never believed i would see something on a forum dumb enough to belong in a cage. Can you clap and talk too?
So going on that, i suppose you could say that Mario64 is an ongoing work in progress, Yet that has clearly made the list. Duh!
It needs to be a more comprehensive list of obvious roms that have a realistic chance of ending up somewhat playable. This would be to the benefit of everyone in the long run. Is that so hard for you to comprehend? Yes, judging from your posts, i guess it is. Lol

xg917
June 27th, 2007, 21:53
aww y is mario party 1 on the list, y couldnt it be mario party 2 or 3..
o well

i am picking paper mario because i want to play it cuz i heard its fun.
OoT is already has the most votes so its going to be worked on and it doesnt need my vote now. also i already beat the game so yea.
MM is a good game but it can be fixed some other time..
mario kart and super mario just needs more speed and has very little graphical issues which can be fixed some other time

CaptainMorgan4
June 27th, 2007, 21:59
Listen Bodie these games that are on the list are games that people told me they wanted to see run on R13 when I announced the poll would be soon made. I made it clear that if you wanted your game on the list you have to request it, people requested games and I told them I would take the 10 games that were most wanted at where I asked. Please be my guest at finding the two threads where I asked people to request games. Now the thing is I didn't put SSB on the list because StrmnNrmn JUST worked on this game for R12 and I believe he would want some variety in his work. He also worked on Goldeneye for R12, the reason it's on the list though is because there wasn't extensive work on 007 like there was done on SSB. The progress on SSB is nearly complete as of R12 so I felt this game is fine as of now. Now to talk about your alligations about me beign biased to DKR. The game DKR was requested fairly in the previously talked about threads enough times to be put on the list, it's not on there because I like it. Just because I like DKR doesn't mean this poll is to just get what I want, it's so StrmnNrmn can actually see which games out of these 10 we would like to see worked on. Yes it's true that I like DKR and I would love to see it in the top 3 in this poll but that doesn't mean I can fix this poll or anything. It has gotten it's 8 respected votes as of now, and compared to the other games it's right up there with the rest, so please respect my decision. I did not come here to argue either but please respect others and their votes, I said this in the opening post for a reason. Please don't come here and start or carry on stupid things that don't help the progress of Daedalus, and please no one creat antother poll. This would just lead to more complicated deals, and it would just make R13 look stupid, this needs to be organized. I'm doing the poll because StrmnNrmn asked me to so please respect that and just vote and enjoy the results.

xg917
June 27th, 2007, 22:12
if u were talking to me, i wasnt complaining about anything. i understand. i didnt really care if mario party was on the list or not.

MasterDS
June 27th, 2007, 22:19
I voted for Paper Mario, if only because OoT's victory is secured and Mario 64 works fine as it is. Personally, I think if a game is working fine as opposed to not working, wouldn't fixing the broken game do more good than a few touch ups here and there?

gannon730
June 27th, 2007, 22:37
it has to be Zelda Oot im sorry but the green rooms r f**kin anoyin although i would like to see paper mario up nd runnin without that anoyin freeze when startin a new game

bodie
June 27th, 2007, 22:41
Yes it's true that I like DKR and I would love to see it in the top 3 in this poll but that doesn't mean I can fix this poll or anything. It has gotten it's 8 respected votes as of now, and compared to the other games it's right up there with the rest
It's actually second from last..Lol :p
I am entitled to my opinion, i am not trying to ram it down people's throats. I have a lot of experience in the n64 scene, have been friends with most of the coders, have beta tested quite a few things. And i wont have my views (which are actually Pro-Daedalus) stifled because they don't fit with yours.
Your list in my opinion is not a great one, there is just no way that Conkers Bad Fur Day is a realistic choice in regards to future full speed games, for reasons that i outlined earlier. Not to mention that the game uses some effects that still have not been implemented in Jabo's plugin.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree about the usefulness of your list. And leave it at that! :rolleyes:
Bodie

medagh
June 27th, 2007, 22:49
WHERE IS STAR FOX 64???

That's my only option for all time :D

xg917
June 27th, 2007, 23:16
k so. im playing my psp now right.
and i jsut noticed.. mario party and mario party 2 work well, they are just a little slow, and have graphical issues. but it works! mario party 3 doesnt load at all so mario party 3 should be in that list.. o well it doesnt matter now. all we have to do is just wait.

Zaitmi
June 27th, 2007, 23:24
I would personally go with Paper Mario as a compatibility improvement. It's probably not a simple task, but if Strmnnrmn could just get it to run past the file name input portion, the game would run fairly well. My vote has to be Paper Mario. By the way guys, there's no point in arguing with each other, that's what the poll is for in the first place. DAMN ZELDA FANS! Lol, just kidding of course.

h4s30
June 27th, 2007, 23:37
hmmmm.....i didn't know what to vote i didn't see the games i wanted to play on there cause i beat all the games on the list beside MM damn it i should've voted for MM oh well i have my n64

i was about to say megaman64 but thats just a port of megaman legends (still a great game if you never played it)

does anybody know about the evangelion game for n64??? it was in jap did anyone ever play it if you have shoot me a pm and tell me about it cause' it looks interesting and i played it but couldn't do the whole jap thing

flying dragon-this arcade rpg fighter it was awesome
mystical ninja-the coolest/funniest game ever
mischief makers-2d scroller made by enix yes the "enix" part of SE

lol i never knew strmnnrmn made daedalus thats cool if my memory serves me correctly i don't think daedalus was ever properly finished

xg917
June 27th, 2007, 23:52
flying dragon was a tight game!
i was just playing it on daedalus. it has MAJOR graphical issues.

so far it looks like the top 3 are

1. Zelda OoT
2. Goldeneye
3. Paper Mario

DarthPaul
June 28th, 2007, 00:21
It's actually second from last..Lol :p
I am entitled to my opinion, i am not trying to ram it down people's throats. I have a lot of experience in the n64 scene, have been friends with most of the coders, have beta tested quite a few things.
Your list in my opinion is not a great one, there is just no way that Conkers Bad Fur Day is a realistic choice in regards to future full speed games, for reasons that i outlined earlier. Not to mention that the game uses some effects that still have not been implemented in Jabo's plugin.
I guess we will have to agree to disagree about the usefulness of your list. And leave it at that! :rolleyes:
Bodie

Hey man. I've been reading all the posts here[as always],and I saw you arguin with CaptainMorgan. So,here's my opininion:
First of all,he clearly said that the games in the poll were chosen by other members,so your opinion is not of any importance. If you didn't vote for the games listed here,it's not Morgan's fault,so please stop acting like you're something above all others. You did work with other projects,do you want a trophy for that?That doesn't make you a coder or a governor. As you said "And i wont have my views (which are actually Pro-Daedalus) stifled because they don't fit with yours." Oh Geez,what's wrong with you?
This is DCEmu,not any other site where you are a modder.[If that's even true] So if you don't like this poll go and make one yourself in that site. And leave us choose and vote for our favorites,and you,stop commenting as the King of the World.

Personally,I think that the games here are the best games for Nintendo64. Or at least the most famous,and I think that the majority here think the same. Not because one person thinks different will make everything change.

carlitx
June 28th, 2007, 00:26
id love to see oot get perfected to playable, so many game hours would be awsom!!! and i hope with r13 the sound is better cause i like it at r12 so i demed it keepable on the psp, but i hate the fact theres crapy sound so maybe he should try perfecteing that as well.

CaptainMorgan4
June 28th, 2007, 00:27
"Your list in my opinion is not a great one"

God Bodie don't you listen, I told you THIS IS NOT MY LIST, people here asked for these games. If you have a problem with them then you should have went in and requested your titles, that way we could get the list right because according to you if it's not yours it's not right. Just grow up man nobody cares that you were friends with someone who coded, or if you beta tested, wow that doesn't make you anything? That's like saying your a groupie to a band, there's no creditibility there. Just so you know I'm no longer responding to your comments anymore, all you do is complain and bring negative influence to this project. To the rest of you remember the top 3 will be looked at as priority for StrmnNrmn so keep voting!

edit: Come on people lets get DKR into 3rd lol, help me out!

starogre
June 28th, 2007, 00:34
popular requested games

says who?

i don't see super smash bros., conker, or donkey kong 64 on there

this shouldn't be a popularity contest, all the people are just like ZELDA AND GOLDENEYE CUS DER DA BESTEST!! no! why would you spend 70 slow hrs on a 30 hr game (zelda) and play an fps with no sound or multiplayer...there needs to be some reasoning into how hard it actually is for strmnnrmn to get those running to their full potential

its just not fun to play those games at slow speeds

why not perfect a game to keep everyone busy while you go back and THEN do the harder, longer, slower, more graphical intense games?

if you liked strmnnrmn that much you people would take into consideration how much work actually would go into getting 'the fun factor' working in those games

i would vote work on the ME in general, which would affect all games but that option isn't there so i voted mario 64 since at least one game deserves to run fullspeed at this point and shouldn't be held back by zelda fanboys

starogre
June 28th, 2007, 00:37
Hey man. I've been reading all the posts here[as always],and I saw you arguin with CaptainMorgan. So,here's my opininion:
First of all,he clearly said that the games in the poll were chosen by other members,so your opinion is not of any importance.

But you're not 'all the other members' so what does YOUR opinion matter? lol...wow..

CaptainMorgan4
June 28th, 2007, 00:51
Starogre let me answer some questions for you, first you might want to look over your last 2 posts you just made. First off if you do look which looks like you didn't, Conker is on the list. Donkey Kong was requested but not as much as the others that's why it didn't make the list. Goldeneye is a different case, I agree that this game with no multiplayer isn't that great, but the reason it's on the list is because someone thought it was important. That person is StrmnNrmn, he took the time to get that game working for R12 so whatever reason he worked on 007 for last release will be the same reason why it's worked on in the future release. Lastly I don't like how you came at DarthPaul, one of the reasons why his opinion is looked at as higher then yours is because he's a DCEmu Old Pro while you and your boy Bodie are DCEmu Rookies and Newbies.

starogre
June 28th, 2007, 01:00
yes, my bad about conker, i admit that...but still...

people here asked for these games

people here also asked for other games

i don't really care about the poll that much, but i believe ME is also a good thing to work on because it affects every game and tends to everyone's wants and needs

and just because he posts more, means his opinion is higher than everyone else's? that makes no sense...anyone can respond to a news post or understand how peoplez on teh internetz think or talk on forums

i've been a member of newgrounds for about 4 years now and i have 1.3k posts on their forums. i could have way more, but i choose not to say anything in most forum threads. that doesn't make me less experienced in the subject

just because i don't reply to every thread going cool! good job! ooh i like this good work! nice! i like your work! keep going! doesn't mean i have less experience or knowledge of what is going on

what i'm trying to get at is....postcount doesn't matter because you can read and think and have an opinion without actually saying anything...i think it's rediculous to believe that post count means ANYTHING at ALL

DarthPaul
June 28th, 2007, 01:05
Hey starogre,just wondering... are you Bodie on another account?
You sound a lot like him with the other sites thing,and he logged off and you just came.
Maybe my opinion doesn't matter,but I was not talking in general or making any critic about this poll,I was talking directly to Bodie[you..?]. So,he's the only one[and you...?]to care about it. :)

starogre
June 28th, 2007, 01:16
no, i am not him and don't know who he is, but i don't think it matters who you are talking to to be a total jerk and tell someone their opinion doesn't matter but yours does

i am an opinionated person, whether you think it matters or not

burrito
June 28th, 2007, 01:21
You sound a lot like him with the other sites thing,and he logged off and you just came.
Maybe my opinion doesn't matter,but I was not talking in general or making any critic about this poll,I was talking directly to Bodie[you..?]. So,he's the only one[and you...?]to care about it. :)

no, i am not him and don't know who he is, but i don't think it matters who you are talking to to be a total jerk and tell someone their opinion doesn't matter but yours does

i am an opinionated person, whether you think it matters or not

FIGHT!! :eek:

http://www.pusscats.com/Cat_Fight.jpg

starogre
June 28th, 2007, 01:35
i guess you may as well only let the 3 most important people on the forums post anything

and no, i'm not fighting anyone, i'm expressing my opinion

my other opinion (which will never mean anything in the long run): postcount shouldn't be displayed on the left, only your name and your avatar, that way, everyone gets an equal say, (with the exception of wraggster and popular coders that contribute content to the website)

Musoka_Eimin
June 28th, 2007, 01:46
Personally I LOVE daedalus Strmn is doing a GREAT job, anyone who has trash to talk about why is Daedalus getting used, well to them I say get out there and code us some better competition if you can. If not be grateful for his AMAZING work and contribution to our scene. THANK YOU StrmnNrmn! I voted Zelda MM, because I have never played it, and would love to, and I can't on my 64 I don't have an expansion pack, so I have a useless cart a friend gave me. However, I REALLY would love to see him work on optimizations, speed and sound. I would really love to see games running at better speeds, and I would LOVE to see sound run properly at LEAST on mario, matter of fact I almost voted perfecting Mario for this reason.

bodie
June 28th, 2007, 02:01
I can actually speak for myself, unlike the horses arse you're dribbling from.
So tell me, being as you have spoken to me directly. So you think it's a great list that includes 'CBFD' and 'Banjo2(Tooie..Duh!)'? What do you know about the absolute bitch of a copy protection on Tooie? Realistic option? Given that it is still a bit unstable even now in present emulators.
My whole point was based on that it would have been better to have included a few other more realistic ROMS. But this seems to have flown over your minuscule brain.
I had actually finished with this thread, but had to come back to answer your insults.
As an aside, i actually thought that my posts gave another slant on things and were for the most part positive. Until this one...But there you go!
And just to address the part where you accuse someone else of being me, that is extremely stupid and can be verified by any moderator that the other poster is not me. It's just someone else with their own views like myself that doesn't follow the flock of sheep.
Dare to be different! :p
I also suggest that if you want to continue this then feel free to drop me a PM either here or over at Emutalk. Mainly out of respect for the staff here! And bring your handbag! Lol :D
Regards Bodie.

CaptainMorgan4
June 28th, 2007, 02:30
Wow you two have almost completely gotten this thread off it's original course, please stop arguing either way it doesn't change the polls. If you don't like what is going on here then please leave. The games on this list are the most requested in other threads, if your game didn't make the cut I'm sorry there's always R14. Just everyone please get along and stop this pointless arguing, enjoy Daedalus and celebrate StrmnNrmn's great work!

starogre
June 28th, 2007, 05:37
matter of fact I almost voted perfecting Mario for this reason.

Awwww you should have :(

(To captain morgan: every post of mine was ontopic btw, you guys were the ones who took it harshly :) )

Vangar
June 28th, 2007, 06:10
STARCRAFT, Augghgghgh!

Driving me nuts.

donutman
June 28th, 2007, 06:47
Oh my god! I never believed i would see something on a forum dumb enough to belong in a cage. Can you clap and talk too?
So going on that, i suppose you could say that Mario64 is an ongoing work in progress, Yet that has clearly made the list. Duh!
It needs to be a more comprehensive list of obvious roms that have a realistic chance of ending up somewhat playable. This would be to the benefit of everyone in the long run. Is that so hard for you to comprehend? Yes, judging from your posts, i guess it is. Lol
i jus thought i should point out something obviouse to a dip shit like u :D

donutman
June 28th, 2007, 06:51
You have no right to just join this site and blatantly insult another member. if you want to go start flaming do it anywhere other than here thank you :) i didnt just join i joined septemeber last year!
so im guessing u cant read either huh! i jus never posted anything i jus downloaded :thumbup: and maybe i wouldnt insult him/her if he/her wasnt so rude to every1 else! and your welcome!!!!

CaptainMorgan4
June 28th, 2007, 06:53
Just everyone just drop it please, check out Wally's poll, I chose speed too lol.

donutman
June 28th, 2007, 07:14
yea me too Captain Morgan! i think everyone wants speed!

DarthPaul
June 28th, 2007, 07:21
Lmao Taco111's last post was the funniest post ever. And about the posts of these freaks...lol,they really have a sad life..

Wally
June 28th, 2007, 07:34
IT makes sense,

Zelda is such a large game. It lasts forever, Conkers / DKR is nothing to show off to a group of friends as they can be on any platform.

BTW whoever asked, I am up to Click Clock Wood on Banjo Kazooie. I have only had it for a short period of time :P

CaptainMorgan4
June 28th, 2007, 07:41
Yeah but Diddy Kong Racing is a small fix for a great 1 player game that has virtually NO CONTROLLER problems since you only used a little amount of buttons. Also for the future the multiplayer is great, but doesn't look good at all right now, I wish it got more votes.

jedikevin20
June 28th, 2007, 08:16
Yall are taking this way off. Thankfully the poll is at beginning of the dang forum cuz this is just sad. Vote on poll and comment why you choose the game you did. Don;t go on all these anger tangent toward people and crap. wtc is yall problem?

StrmnNrmn
June 28th, 2007, 08:57
1. StrmnNrmn was the original author of Daedalus, you'd think he'd rather use his own code base that he was familiar with, right?

2. As far as I can tell UltraHLE source code was never officially released. It was leaked but the code that was leaked was old/buggy and the developers wouldn't be too happy with someone using it for a major projfect like this.

3. All roms are cached so the PSP's lack of RAM isn't a limiting factor in getting games to run.

All good points, well made :)

StrmnNrmn
June 28th, 2007, 08:59
Sorry for the double post. Just wanted to let you know that I'm reading what you all have to say and will be factoring it into plans for the next release. Thanks for all your input!

bodie
June 28th, 2007, 18:36
Lmao Taco111's last post was the funniest post ever. And about the posts of these freaks...lol,they really have a sad life..
Coming from the guy who has posted over a thousand times since last summer.:p Sunshine is good! Go check!
And i can't grace the other person with a reply, based on the fact that he obviously types with his foot and is devoid of a brain.
Back on topic like i started out in this very thread, i think it makes perfect sense to go for speed also. So i kind of agree with a few posts. Would be a great showcase for my PSP with Mario64 running full speed with sound. I don't actually like that game, but i still get a great buzz out of seeing it run. Much as i did when UltraHLE was first released. Good times!

narutogod22
June 28th, 2007, 22:52
I would pay stormy like 20 $ for him to fix the flash ram issue in paper mario or make a save that works?

CaptainMorgan4
June 28th, 2007, 22:57
Thanks StrmnNrmn, you know which game I want.

-haha

parkermauney
June 28th, 2007, 23:02
Has anyone ever found a fully working paper mario rom?

acn010
June 28th, 2007, 23:05
zelda............. yeahhh

CaptainMorgan4
June 28th, 2007, 23:26
No Paper Mario remains to not work as of R12, looks like it may work soon.

Hyper-Beaner
June 29th, 2007, 04:12
I would like to see Jet Force Gemini on my PSP.... I love that game... :(

MasterDS
June 29th, 2007, 04:13
Has anyone ever found a fully working paper mario rom?

You mean one without the Graphics occasionally blinking, or one that works at all? Because I have one that works at all. I didn't know it was hard to find.

xg917
June 29th, 2007, 04:20
wait wait wait, u can actually play paper mario and save and everything????????????????????

CaptainMorgan4
June 29th, 2007, 06:39
No he's saying that he has one that has problems just like the rest of us, it's Daedalus that has to be fixed it's not the rom.

MasterDS
June 29th, 2007, 16:30
I meant in general, as I'm aware that there are compatability issues. You know, on PC emulators and such when the background turns black on and off.

maxipower90
June 29th, 2007, 19:35
okay, lads dont get over excited, all this talk about what ya want isnt helping sternnmrn. the guy is only human, he only released r12 and ur on his back already, give the guy some room, at the end of the day, deep down he knows what we want, and what needs doing,................ahh wait scrap that i want majorcas mask. no really what will be will be

gdf
June 29th, 2007, 20:16
basically mario 64, mario kart, ssb will all perfect themselves in the next few releases, i'll be lloking for oot and banjo kazooie in the next few releases to have big jumps. basically he can stop concentrating on getting mario right now as it is so close it will be perfect (or near as it will get) in a few months. but still, great work and as always it is good to see he is still fully committed to this project, whilst many others would have fallen by the wayside.

CaptainMorgan4
June 29th, 2007, 20:50
Maxipower90 this poll isn't hurting StrmnNrmn in the least, he asked for this poll after the R12 release and that's what he got. This poll came about right after the R12 release so StrmnNrmn could see what to work on directly after he was done with R12. He's now or about to be on vacation (based on that he posted HERE yesterday) so he's going to take some time to chill then work on R13.

narutogod22
June 29th, 2007, 20:56
No he's saying that he has one that has problems just like the rest of us, it's Daedalus that has to be fixed it's not the rom.

or stormy could release a set of pc daedalus paper mario saves saved at the beginning of the chapter and before the boss modified to the psp daedalus format

CaptainMorgan4
June 29th, 2007, 21:00
Yeah that could be done too but right now I'm going to play some R12 so yeah holla.

narutogod22
June 29th, 2007, 21:58
Yeah that could be done too but right now I'm going to play some R12 so yeah holla.

really how hard would it be for stormy or another coder to modify the file to fit psp format i mean at the beginning would be nice.:)

CaptainMorgan4
June 29th, 2007, 22:01
Oh you don't need a coder to do that, just find a save format converter online and you can do it yourself, not too hard.

narutogod22
June 29th, 2007, 22:48
really and what kind of converter cause I have a project 64 save could i convert that to daedalus format.

narutogod22
June 29th, 2007, 23:33
God im going crazy i have a 3 hour flight trip in a week and cant find a save converter i'd really freakin appreciate if someone could post a save that works for me.

CaptainMorgan4
June 29th, 2007, 23:40
I never downloaded a converter myself but I know they are out there so keep looking, sorry I can't help you more.

narutogod22
June 29th, 2007, 23:53
you kno cp'n your a cool guy thanks ill try google some more

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 00:19
hey captin or any other members could you post a save of paper mario converted to daedalus format

CaptainMorgan4
June 30th, 2007, 01:01
I would if I knew how, hopefully someone here will help you out.

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 01:10
thx i found my project 64 save its Paper mario.fla but fla is not a save type supported by daedalus r 12 could i change the format to SRAM or eeprom 4k or 16k

ooops what the hell am i on that wouldnt work

DarthPaul
June 30th, 2007, 01:43
Hey naruto,here's a save I made,it's working..[I think]..If it doesn't work,let me know. :)

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 01:45
thx darth paul im checking right now

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 01:47
sadly i dont think it works i think do all the files have to be the same the mpk sra and sav

hold on im gonna change the format to fla

DarthPaul
June 30th, 2007, 01:50
Rename the mpk and sra to the same name as the Save.

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 01:52
the default save name is Paper Mario.blah not Paper Mario U [!] i wonder if that makes a difference

never mind i got what you were sayin

Um i accidentaly deleted my sra and mpk saves are they important

CaptainMorgan4
June 30th, 2007, 01:53
It will make sure the file name is EXACT, I told you someone would come and help you, good ol DarthPaul, good look man.

DarthPaul
June 30th, 2007, 01:59
Um i accidentaly deleted my sra and mpk saves are they important

It doesn't matter. The emulator will create them automatically when you load the game.

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:00
It doesn't matter. The emulator will create them automatically when you load the game.

yea i did that but no sra is in sight or i just might be blind or stupid

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:02
mmmmmmmm did it work for any of you

DarthPaul
June 30th, 2007, 02:05
It didn't work? Just tell me,I could make a new one.

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:07
It didn't work? Just tell me,I could make a new one.

it worked for you????? hold on im gonna send you a buddy request on aim my aim thing is hastings13sh0rty

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:10
tell me what your save games thing looks like for paper mario

oh god if this works im gonna wet myself

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:15
yeaaaaa i tried everything the mpk sra things dont have to be the same as the sav like goldlines save did????

DarthPaul
June 30th, 2007, 02:17
Hold on there. I'm making one more "comfortable".

Ok here it is. I'm pretty sure this one is working. Enjoy!

Unzip that to your Save Games folder.

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:23
Hold on there. I'm making one more "comfortable".

if this one works i dont know what to do cry in happyiness draw a total blank in thought (no not the usual.) or scream like a giddy schoolgirl???

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:30
testing now thx

xg917
June 30th, 2007, 02:32
IT WORKED!!!!!! THE FIRST SAVE U UPLOADED WORKED!!. im playing the game now. it doesnt run that fast. ranges from 10 - 18 fps. thank you darthpaul for the save!

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:33
HOLY SHIT IT WORKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

how did you do it
omigod i love you in a non gay way

DarthPaul
June 30th, 2007, 02:35
Yay!!
Hahaha I'm glad I could help! I feel so good when I help...and I love you too lol.

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:36
DARTH PAUL YOU HAVE MADE A 15 YEAR OLDS DREAMS COME FREAKIN TRUE (and probably a gagillion other peoples) YOU OMG YOU SHOULD BE IN THE HALL OF FAME thanks that plane ride is gonna be a piece of cake do you mind if i make a thread on that save crediting you no less?

DarthPaul
June 30th, 2007, 02:37
DARTH PAUL YOU HAVE MADE A 15 YEAR OLDS DREAMS COME FREAKIN TRUE (and probably a gagillion other peoples) YOU OMG YOU SHOULD BE IN THE HALL OF FAME thanks that plane ride is gonna be a piece of cake do you mind if i make a thread on that save crediting you no less?

Lol thanks. Yeah,you can make that Thread if you want. :thumbup:

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:38
ok

xg917
June 30th, 2007, 02:43
wait........ before i say this i want to thank darthpaul once again for providing us the paper mario save which works... BUT!!!...... what is the point when we are not able to save in game either.. either way we have to wait until Strmnnrmn decides to fix the flashram.. so at this time we cant save our progress.

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:43
yeaaaa dcemu hasnt sent me the activation email yet (its been a bout a montha nd a half since i joined???) so you go make one

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:45
hmmmmm good point xg hey what converter did you use darth i have a pretty far save i would like to use.

oh and remember that save wouldnt be here if i didnt bit** J.K. :)

DarthPaul
June 30th, 2007, 02:50
I didn't use any converter at all...
I ran the rom from Nemu64,made a save and copy it into the PSP,that's all.

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:51
oooooooh yea i love this game anyone encounter any probs

narutogod22
June 30th, 2007, 02:52
I didn't use any converter at all...
I ran the rom from Nemu64,made a save and copy it into the PSP,that's all.

what version. i tried nemu but it froze at making a new game like daedalus???

DarthPaul
June 30th, 2007, 02:55
what version i tried nemu vut it froze at making a new game like daedalus???

I used Nemu64 0.8.
Anyways we're out of topic..I'm gonna open a new thread about this.

Paper Mario Save Thread Here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=464134#post464134)

CaptainMorgan4
June 30th, 2007, 07:31
I don't mind but yeah thanks for creating a new thread, I see DKR got a few more votes not that it matters that much but I just wish StrmnNrmn could fix it soon.

xg917
June 30th, 2007, 19:51
im sure he will fix that game some day. he has a choice to work on one game on that list, or work on his own game/s, he has a choice to work on all of those games on the list, he has many options. its his emu so he can do what he wants..

xg917
July 1st, 2007, 17:02
yea try beating 113 votes on OoT. lol

SpacemanSpiff
July 1st, 2007, 17:27
If you love DKR so much then you should get over yourself and buy it for the DS. It runs it better than the PSP ever will.

xg917
July 1st, 2007, 17:45
If you love DKR so much then you should get over yourself and buy it for the DS. It runs it better than the PSP ever will.

funny.. :mad: and not true.

also the n64 version of DKR is superior to the DS version. so once the N64 emu is up an running full speed, there will be no need for a DS. and thers no need for a DS for many reasons.

can the ds compete with music player, video player, homebrew?? and homebrew as in cheats, gba, gb, sega genisis, n64, ps1. i find it amusing that u believe the ds is better. some commercial games for the DS are good but some are just wack, same with the psp. i want a DS in fact but i still think the psp is better and has more capabilities.

Auriman1
July 1st, 2007, 18:22
Strmmnn should work on getting Majora's Mask running properly. It already runs much faster than Ocarina of Time, and since they both suffer from many of the same dynarec problems, it's likely he could fix both of them at once.

Afterwards, he could focus more on speed (such as finally implementing ME), since getting those two games running (in addition to already having Mario 64 and Super Smash Bros. running decently) would satisfy many people's desire for compatibility, methinks, at least until some more speed issues have been addressed.

SpacemanSpiff
July 1st, 2007, 19:48
funny.. :mad: and not true.

also the n64 version of DKR is superior to the DS version. so once the N64 emu is up an running full speed, there will be no need for a DS. and thers no need for a DS for many reasons.

can the ds compete with music player, video player, homebrew?? and homebrew as in cheats, gba, gb, sega genisis, n64, ps1. i find it amusing that u believe the ds is better. some commercial games for the DS are good but some are just wack, same with the psp. i want a DS in fact but i still think the psp is better and has more capabilities.

I was talking about running DKR... DKR was ported to the DS and it runs flawlessly, something that the PSP probably won't ever accomplish, or at least not for a long time. I was talking to Captain Morgan anyway, he's the one that's obsessed with DKR.

xg917
July 2nd, 2007, 02:04
and i was defending morgan. and also he stated he doesnt want a DS earlier. and dont doubt the psp. it is capable of almost anything. if it can play ps1 perfectly then dont worry if DKR wont be ran flawlessly on PSP, because it will some day

SpacemanSpiff
July 2nd, 2007, 02:24
Nothing wrong with owning both... PSP is great for emulation but DS has better original games. The N64 version of DKR isn't superior to the DS version anyway, not sure where you got that idea.

CaptainMorgan4
July 2nd, 2007, 02:38
Umm the original is better than the DS version, Conker and Banjo getting ripped in the DS version is enough to say it's bad. It's not as great as the original but jsut you wait when it works on Daedalus, you'll change your mind about that soon.

CaptainMorgan4
July 2nd, 2007, 19:06
Sorry for the double post but did anyone else notice the text in Mario Kart 64 being messed up in R12. Your display during a race is what I'm talking about, like the stop-watch time font is messed up and so are the dots that indicate where everyone is on the little map on the bottom right. By messed up I mean they have square blocks behind the text that are different colors, this issue wasn't in previous version just so you know StrmnNrmn.

xg917
July 2nd, 2007, 21:10
i noticed there are colored boxes around text. and thats it.

KnockedUp
July 2nd, 2007, 21:35
Yeah that's what I'm talking about, should be a simple fix for StrmnNrmn.

CaptainMorgan4
July 3rd, 2007, 08:13
Right now it looks like we have 350+ votes which is extremely more than I imagined, and votes are still comming in every day. The top 3 which StrmnNrmn will consider looking at are currently looking like this:

1. Zelda OoT (sealed as number 1)

2. Goldeneye

3. Paper Mario

The race is still on for 3rd though, Super Mario 64 is on 3rds heel like a shoe horn.

CaptainMorgan4
July 3rd, 2007, 20:05
Wow I didn't think this race for 3rd would be that interesting but now that I see DKR is up there trying for third I'm definatly excited for this poll. I mean I knew the Zelda games would just runaway with the votes but I didn't expect DKR to be close to third, keep voting people!

xg917
July 3rd, 2007, 22:01
HOLY WUT??????? how did DKR get so high all of the sudden. lmao!

i still think mario kart should be higher than mario 64. i really want the characters to stop twitching lol

CaptainMorgan4
July 4th, 2007, 22:34
Just so everyone knows the poll will end on July 7th at the stroke of midnight, that is when the official top 3 games will be final. So far it looks like:

1. Zelda OoT
2. Goldeneye
3. Paper Mario

As a note the 3rd game's spot is being rushed very quickly by Super Mario 64 and a charging Diddy Kong Racing. Though time is imminent I think it will come down to the wire. Enjoy your July 4th BBQ or whatever your doing, you know I am, smoke a blunt n light some fireworks.

CaptainMorgan4
July 7th, 2007, 00:18
Wow huge thanks to all the DKR fans out there, I really didn't think DKR would even have a slim shot at making the top 3 but you have proved me wrong. I am very happy to see one of my favorite if not my favorite game be in the top 3 and be on StrmnNrmn's 3 title working R13 list. I'm not calling it offiicial or anything but with only 2 votes ahead of 3rd place (!!!) this is what the top 3 games look as of 7:15pm EST

1. Zelda OoT
2. Goldeneye
3. Diddy Kong Racing

There is still a little less than 5 hours left until the poll is official so keep voting, Paper Mario only needs 2 votes to be tied with DKR and Super Mario 64 is right behind both of them so it's still close. Anyway enjoy the last 5 hours and hopefully DKR can hold on IMO.

CaptainMorgan4
July 7th, 2007, 05:24
********* The poll is now official no more votes after this post will count, the official turn out was 394 votes *************

The Official 3 Titles that will be worked on for R13 are:

1. Zelda OoT
2. Goldeneye
3. Diddy Kong Racing

I'm very happy with the turnout of you voters and I'm very happy with the titles, not only is my favorite N64 game DKR in there but probably my second favorite Goldeneye is in there. It's all been laid out for you StrmnNrmn, you know what we want in compatability now you just have to do the actual work. I wish you all the luck and ease in working on getting these titles working correctly, personally I would like to see some blog update or a post here discussing what you have planned for these titles. Do what you can please and I wish you the best, big thanks to all DKR fans out there that helped it surge to third in the final days!

xg917
July 9th, 2007, 00:51
gotta let strmnnrmn know once hes back. nice results

Safari Al
July 9th, 2007, 00:55
Very awesome. OOT won. Never could get past the slingshot part. Great Idea Captain Morgan. Hope strmnnrmn takes this poll's advice!!:thumbup:

CaptainMorgan4
July 9th, 2007, 01:23
He will take the top 3 games into consideration for work in R13 because he asked me to make the poll so that's official. I'm happy with the top 3 games, just can't wait till StrmnNrmn comes back!

Safari Al
July 9th, 2007, 02:02
Where'd he go?

xg917
July 9th, 2007, 02:40
spain

CaptainMorgan4
July 9th, 2007, 06:44
And he deserves the vacation, he has some great games to work on though when he returns. I can't wait until he comes back, and to see Goldeneye improve and DKR working, R13 is going to be the best release yet for me. This is all assuming StrmnNrmn can get to all 3 for R13 which is the plan, but there can be unexpected issues but let's cross our fingers.

edit: Lol who is voting still it stopped at 394 and now there's 403, why are you voting?

xg917
July 9th, 2007, 20:24
hey morgan if u dont mind. edit your first post with the top 10. but hey im starting to think that you just want the poll to close so that DKR stays 3rd... plus strmnnrmn isnt going to be back for a little while so i think the poll should go on until the day he says he is back. just copy and paste this anyway if u really want to end it..

OFFICIAL TOP 10:

1. Zelda OoT............................................... 126 votes
2. Goldeneye......................................... .......57 votes
3. Diddy Kong Racing.......................................46 votes
4. Paper Mario............................................. ..44 votes
5. Super Mario 64...........................................39 votes
6. Mario Kart.............................................. ..33 votes
7. Conkers Bad Fur Day...................................24 votes
8. Zelda MM................................................ .21 votes
9. Banjo 1 & 2................................................8 votes
10. Mario Party 1&2&3......................................6 votes

CaptainMorgan4
July 9th, 2007, 22:25
Xg I will edit the first post so all the idiots can stop voting, sometimes people can be so lazy and not read the last couple pages. No I didn't stop the poll for DKR, infact it was in 5th when I announced the poll would close on the 7th (10days after I started it, 10day poll), I said the poll would close like 3 days before it did so if anyone wants to whine they had 3 days to get they're title up. Anyway I will edit the post so everyone knows it ended, but I won't end it like you asked because those results you put up aren't accurate. I closed the poll with 393 votes, those are the current results, now if you would like to post the 394 total results then I would copy/paste that. But for now I will just edit the first post saying it ended.

ps. I love how you managed to squeeze Mario Party 1,2,3 in those results up there. I made the poll before fully testing R12 so I didn't know Mario Party 1 played so well, I assumed it was still having issues. Probably Mario Party 2 or 3 whichever one is still having issues should have been in the poll but it's last so it didn't matter.

xg917
July 9th, 2007, 23:32
well mario party 1 and 2 run exactly the same and there is nothing wrong except the board when playing. mini games are fine and it needs speed as well. but yea as you said they ended up last. i can live with that. the game will run perfect one day.

as for mario party 3, it doesnt load at all. i just decided to type mario party 1 2 and 3 because they are all the same. also because you put both banjo 1 and 2 on the poll.

CaptainMorgan4
July 10th, 2007, 08:45
It's cool I liked Mario Party 1 the best so that's why I just wrote that in, but both Banjo's were user requested that's why they're there, and I didn't want to take up 2 spots so I did that. I just can't wait till StrmnNrmn returns to see what all he has planned for R13!

CaptainMorgan4
July 11th, 2007, 08:38
Well it will be a week today (Wed) so StrmnNrmn should be back very soon like he said in his latest blog post (a week or so before updating frequently). Hope when he returns he'll post about what he is going to do with these 3 titles and the response to Wally's poll, sorry for double post but yeah.

xg917
July 11th, 2007, 17:55
i reallly want him to work speed before compatibility.. idk y but its just better that way because what is a game that runs sloww? = crap. lol

my order that i think everyone can agree on:
1.speed (to speed up all roms)
2.compatibility (the 3 titles voted on)
3.extra features (i want him to add controller configuration for each game, a reset rom feature so we dont have to go back to the main title screen all the time to play the game again if it freezes or something. and for the future: tilting cartridge and cheat device)

Safari Al
July 11th, 2007, 18:12
Yea what's the point of playing a game that goes like 12 fps lol.

CaptainMorgan4
July 11th, 2007, 20:01
Well they're not that bad some select games run very well as of now, but yeah I want speed but I can't wait to see the improvements on Goldeneye and Diddy Kong Racing for R13!

Safari Al
July 11th, 2007, 22:26
Just a little off topic here. How long do you think it will take him to get most of the major favorites working fully ? Like Zelda, DKR, etc.

CaptainMorgan4
July 11th, 2007, 23:09
Well the plan for this poll was to get the 3 titles that were selected (zelda, goldeneye, and dkr) working at a much better level then they were in R12, these 3 titles are planned on being worked on for R13.

Safari Al
July 11th, 2007, 23:28
That's always a good thing.

CaptainMorgan4
July 12th, 2007, 05:25
Yup and StrmnNrmn will probably be back tomorrow or something so expect a blog update or something very soon.

jedikevin20
July 12th, 2007, 09:20
ahahahaha morgan just stop it lol. I love how you added in "dkr" ahahahaha. I sseeyou trying a new tacktic as if that game was already decided on lol.

SpacemanSpiff
July 12th, 2007, 17:24
Uh-oh, Paper Mario moved past DKR again. Time for Captain Morgan to create a few more new accounts! j/k

xg917
July 12th, 2007, 19:35
funny.. lol

so um captain cant u just close the poll? so taht people stop voting?

CaptainMorgan4
July 12th, 2007, 20:49
No not on this site, I don't why people are voting, and about the poll closing people stop being stupid and READ. Look in my previous posts about 3 days before the 7th I said the poll would be closing on the 7th at the stroke of midnight. The poll ended at that point and if you didn't get a chance to vote your game up I'm sorry but your the idiot that had the time but didn't use it. The top 3 have been decided so stop talking about the other titles, maybe in the future we can do another poll but until then stop being a bunch of bitches.

CaptainMorgan4
July 13th, 2007, 22:41
I'm just kind of suprised StrmnNrmn hasn't updated his blog just yet, his last post there on the 4th said that he would begin updating regularly in about a week or so. Here we we are 9 days later and no update, I'm not pushing him to update but I would like to hear something.

xg917
July 13th, 2007, 22:44
yea at least a hello i am back or my vacation is goin great.
dont worry though, he will update soon enough.

i just learned how to configure the controls and how to put preview pics on daedalus. lol wow im being noobish this week

CaptainMorgan4
July 14th, 2007, 05:32
I got nice preview pics for like the 9 games I have on my Daedalus, if you want some come see me I got you.

CaptainMorgan4
July 15th, 2007, 02:16
Xg do you want some preview pics, I have nice ones for the following N64 games:

DKR, Doom 64, Goldeneye, Madden 64, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party 1, Mario Tennis, Nascar 2000, South Park Rally, Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, and Super Smash Brothers

If you want some just holla.

xg917
July 15th, 2007, 05:36
o yo that would be nice.
go ahead and attach the roms.ini
and the preview folder on ur post.
thanx man

CaptainMorgan4
July 15th, 2007, 05:43
There you go, hope you like them, after you check them out on your PSP post to me what you think.

xg917
July 15th, 2007, 06:56
no offense but some are bad quality. like the super smash bros preview pic was pretty blurry and choppy if you know what i mean. got a better preview pic for super smash bros if u wana use it

thnx for the pics tho. ill be using them

CaptainMorgan4
July 15th, 2007, 07:49
Some of them do look blurry I swear but when they're tiny on Daedalus you don't notice it nearly as much I promise you.

xg917
July 15th, 2007, 08:07
lol, i noticed that u cant tell its blurry cuz of the resolution. did u take those screenshots urself? cuz if you got them from daedalus then thats weird that they came out like that..

CaptainMorgan4
July 15th, 2007, 08:13
Yeah then I just shrunk them, but some games I had to get pics off the internet and crop them.

xg917
July 15th, 2007, 08:18
oo cuz of compatibility on daedalus.. i seriously wonder where strmnnrmn is.. i bet he might talk about the advantage of getting daedalus to run on the new psp cuz of the extra RAM memory. it will definately get daedalus to run way faster

CaptainMorgan4
July 15th, 2007, 08:39
Assuming we can hack this new PSP, if we get homebrew and custom firmwares like the PSP we all have now then I will definatly get the new one, Daedalus would be great!

xg917
July 16th, 2007, 01:52
Assuming we can hack this new PSP, if we get homebrew and custom firmwares like the PSP we all have now then I will definatly get the new one, Daedalus would be great!

yep, no doubt man

Safari Al
July 16th, 2007, 02:55
Indeed it would. I have doubts about he new one though...

CaptainMorgan4
July 16th, 2007, 05:08
Wow where is StrmnNrmn, sure hope he updates soon.

xg917
July 16th, 2007, 05:11
lol, u nd me think alike morgan.

i was just about to post asking the same question and bam u already did that for me. lol

man its been almost 2 weeks.. i kno its pushing alot and its kinda mean but dammit i want him working now! lmao. nah i want him to take his time. but at least update saying hello im fine blah blah blah

CaptainMorgan4
July 16th, 2007, 05:17
I know I hate the fact that I'm pushing the guy to work and everything but I love his work and the results are great it's hard not to. I just want to see what he has to say about the 3 title winners in the poll and what he plans to do with them.

callsignAPOLLO
July 16th, 2007, 08:06
Umm, I'm new here, but I have IMPORTANT NEWS! there is a new psp, just released, what does this mean for homebrew!?!?! will it be able to be downgraded? will it have some sort of build it block to prevent hombrew no matter the firmware version? Is the new psp worth getting?? decide for yourself! (http://www.gamespot.com/features/6173974/index.html?tag=topslot;title;1) this link may cease to work when gamespot next updates its cetral tab frameset, so just search gamespot for E3 info. or, go here (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161034) I would really like to post this as a thread, but it won't let me; I suppose because I am a new member. I've used this ssite for years I'm glad to finally be a member. I think I'm the first to post about this new PSP and what it means for the homebrew community; I believe that the new PSP will be homebrew compatible and that it will provide a fantastic boost to the PSP-homebrew and PSP-mod communities. Power to the people enjoy! ~~~(extended information)(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable) (something fun)(http://www.amazon.com/Horatio-Hornblower-Collectors-Ioan-Gruffudd/dp/B000AYEIW2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-0780911-7893268?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1184568971&sr=8-1) -SISKO have fun wid-it!

CaptainMorgan4
July 16th, 2007, 08:14
Please we already have threads on these topics, we all know about EVERYTHING you said, please read other threads before posting that spam here. By the way the way you make a thread is you have to make a thread in the "submit news" section, figures he's from Jersey.

callsignAPOLLO
July 16th, 2007, 08:23
My posts are NOT spam, I have seen the threads on the most recent E3 and have deemed them unsatisfactory, I think that the importance of the new psp to homebrew is so great, it is certainly fitting to post about it on EVERY THREAD related to psp homebrew because it will have significance for nearly every psp thread. Oh and I'm not from new jersey, I'm from Cali. -SISKO

CaptainMorgan4
July 16th, 2007, 08:42
Well it says your from NJ dumbass, and sorry but when you post the same copy/paste bullshit in like 7+ forums like you have then it is spam. I just can't wait till the moderators come and delete your account, your an asshole.

callsignAPOLLO
July 16th, 2007, 08:53
I have no intent of disruption many threads, I just wished to mention it on several threads and I will not spam more of the same message on the same thread, if anyone should be booted from this forum it would be a person that insults other people and insinuates curses. YOU SHOULD BE BANNED HOTHEAD! and it says I live in nj, thats different from where I may be from. Please ban people who curse and insult and prevent the valuable dispersal of ideas, sincerely -SISKO

xg917
July 16th, 2007, 17:49
ey ey ey im from NJ too. lmao

but seriously dude. you could post ur own topic about that you kno..

jurkevicz
July 16th, 2007, 17:51
MACE the dark ages. Love that game.

CaptainMorgan4
July 16th, 2007, 19:15
You caught me at a bad time but seriously yeah stop spamming, and sorry XG your from NJ.

Safari Al
July 16th, 2007, 21:57
please don't spam in this thread.

Wally
July 17th, 2007, 02:36
Well it says your from NJ dumbass, and sorry but when you post the same copy/paste bullshit in like 7+ forums like you have then it is spam. I just can't wait till the moderators come and delete your account, your an asshole.

That is no way to earn respect from people CaptainMorgan4. Its gone far enough, you should watch it. Im surprised you havent been banned over it, then again i think Mods got bored of this topic ages ago as DKR was only mentioned by you.

Well the plan for this poll was to get the 3 titles that were selected (zelda, goldeneye, and dkr) working at a much better level then they were in R12, these 3 titles are planned on being worked on for R13.

Its now Zelda / Goldeneye and Paper Mario which are great games.. Like everyone says, if you want DKR so badly, get a DS. Technically this poll still rolls on, its not like you dont know how to close it yourself, I think people are getting suspicious of you. Hopefully a Mod will check to see how many accounts you have made to generate enough votes for DKR. (If I remember correctly its a bannable offense)

I hope this works out to be useful for you Morgan.

Wally

CaptainMorgan4
July 17th, 2007, 05:22
Wally why are you comming at me like that? That guy went into 12+ threads and copy/pasted the same message, then after I yelled at him for spam he copy/pasted the same I'm sorry no more spam message in 10+ topics. I'm sorry but I would never want to gain respect from that troll. Wally I thought we were friends I don't know why you would ask of allogations against me, the poll was scheduled to end after 10days and that's exactly what happened. The poll was closed on the stroke of midnight on the 7th and I seriously don't know how to close the poll, if so I would have, and I have tried and couldn't see that option for the poll. Anyway I hope you can take back your remarks Wally and we can be cool again but I don't know why you would raise these allogations on me, I did talk at a DKR fansite and told them about the poll but I think it only turned out like 10 votes, I didn't do anything wrong. The poll has ended and I'm not sure why people keep voting and I'm not sure why you people argue with the poll's closing date. The closing date was announced 3 days prior to the 7th and it was scheduled from the beginning to be a 10day poll. Maybe I can hold another poll for a later release with StrmnNrmn's permission. I don't like DKR on the DS because it's not the original so it's not the same and why wouldn't you want a DKR PSP vs DS battle. Anyway good luck with your poll Wally, I liked the results of your poll and I hope StrmnNrmn updates soon to talk about how our polls will effect R13.

edit: I'm sorry for my harsh words but I was in a bad state then and I'm sorry, I take it back.

Wally
July 18th, 2007, 00:37
Yeah me too,

Guys Morgan and I will be talking via PM about this rivalry or w/e

It will work out.

Wally

sroon
July 19th, 2007, 00:35
Good Boy Wally:)
(O )( O)

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 01:41
...................................where is he................................................ ......... my psp is starting to collect dust.. lol
nahh ive been playing mario party 2 all this time since i beat all the other games.

CaptainMorgan4
July 19th, 2007, 02:11
I've played about 2 rounds of Mario Party 1 and had fun but yeah I hope StrmnNrmn returns soon to update us.

kharaboudjan
July 19th, 2007, 17:52
yeah, me wants a faster deadalus :D

xg917
July 19th, 2007, 20:44
we all want a faster 64 emu. but dont worry, daedalus will be the one to reach full speed! and i have a feeling that strmnnrmn is actually working on it as we talk on here. even though he hasnt updated for a while

CaptainMorgan4
July 20th, 2007, 06:26
Yeah I was just going to say this feels like one of those times where he gets some good quality work done and then comes back and has great progress/news to give us. Yeah I'd say we do think alike Xg, lol, but yeah I would appreciate a "I'm ok" update.

CaptainMorgan4
July 22nd, 2007, 22:32
How about you Xg, sorry for double post?

xg917
July 22nd, 2007, 22:47
what do you mean? lol

gdf
July 22nd, 2007, 22:49
yeah a new update on his progress would be nice....

hopefully the reason there isn't is 'cos he is working so hard on the emu!

xg917
July 22nd, 2007, 22:54
hopefully..

CaptainMorgan4
July 23rd, 2007, 06:44
That's what I was asking, if you thought that why he wasn't here was that he is hard at work on Daedalus R13.

xg917
July 23rd, 2007, 06:59
yea thats my thought 90% lol

a part of me feels like he isnt doing anything at the time. where has wally been? he was going to help me with something..

CaptainMorgan4
July 23rd, 2007, 08:20
I don't know but I have a feeling he will update us tomorrow (Monday), we'll see.

xg917
July 24th, 2007, 00:35
he didnt update.. :(

Safari Al
July 24th, 2007, 00:44
he's probably still gone

xg917
July 24th, 2007, 00:51
its been a while though..

Safari Al
July 24th, 2007, 01:11
true i wish we'd get a word from him

xg917
July 24th, 2007, 01:14
just a "hello, i am fine. my vacation was great" would be fine for me.. it doesnt have to be daedalus related. i kno he and all coders have lives..

and nice to see Exophase here! :) i havent seen him for a while either

CaptainMorgan4
July 24th, 2007, 04:31
Yeah guess we'll wait another day hopefully he'll update tomorrow.

xg917
July 24th, 2007, 21:24
i give up.......

CaptainMorgan4
July 24th, 2007, 22:22
Yeah for real this is getting ridiculous, I feel you but I just hope StrmnNrmn is okay.

narutogod22
July 31st, 2007, 06:59
wooooo server is up stormy updated his blog HELLO CLEVELAND

ALTIMITHacker
July 31st, 2007, 07:33
wooooo server is up stormy updated his blog HELLO CLEVELAND

All in all, everyones lives are now completed lol:)

CaptainMorgan4
July 31st, 2007, 08:39
Yeah and I look forward to what he plans to do about the results of Wally and I's polls.

Chameleon
July 31st, 2007, 08:49
Yeah im anxious to figure out how much updating im going to end up doing on my compatibility list :)

CaptainMorgan4
July 31st, 2007, 19:50
Wally I just read your post on StrmnNrmn's blog, I appreciate you trying to get DKR fixed and I wish you all the luck, thanks.

xg917
July 31st, 2007, 22:24
thank god hes back. its kinda early to say but i wonder when he is going to release R13. personally i would rather want him to work on speed for R13 then for R14 would be compatibility.

devdj
July 31st, 2007, 23:06
well i would like to superman and the wrestling games run perfect

CaptainMorgan4
July 31st, 2007, 23:33
Yeah but that's asking alot, I just am waiting patiently for his next blog update that will contain alot of real information that will explain what he will do about the results of the 2 polls.

xg917
August 1st, 2007, 04:49
he specificly said that he wants to work on speed

"My main feeling is that I'd like to continue working on speeding up the emulator to try and improve the framerate for titles that are already working."

"The two main possibilities I want to investigate are working on further dynarec improvements, and looking at making use the Media Engine."

CaptainMorgan4
August 1st, 2007, 07:18
Oh I know and I was happy to hear it when I read it on his blog, but I'm talking about just when he wants to implement the 2 poll's results in which release: R13, R14, R15?

andwhyisit
August 5th, 2007, 06:58
Sin and Punishment - Tsumi To Batsu

Even though we can't vote anymore, and the fact that this isn't on the list, it is still an awesome game and would be awesome on the PSP.

kryst abegnalie
August 10th, 2007, 03:48
Hi guys,

May be its the wrong thread, but where could I find the link fot thread for Daedalus R12 download?? I still finding it in other threads, please help..