PDA

View Full Version : 3.50 OE Firmware News

DarthPaul
June 27th, 2007, 19:29
I was browsing the internet and found this..that MathieuLH himself said it:

"first of all we disabled signcheck protection meaning now firmware's prx wont be signchecked although it will still be able to load signcheck prxes other stuffs are planned though
if we have enough time no-umd compatibility will be slightly increased"

Via PSPGen

mavsman4457
June 27th, 2007, 20:05
This is great but I only REALLY care about the custom firmware's when there is a great new feature and my number one choice as of now would be avi playback.

mike03$$$
June 27th, 2007, 20:53
cool

AvengedSevenfold Fan
June 27th, 2007, 20:58
This is great but I only REALLY care about the custom firmware's when there is a great new feature and my number one choice as of now would be avi playback.

when i take vids with my psp camera, they come out as AVIs, and they play on my psp....

Airdevil
June 27th, 2007, 21:27
when i take vids with my psp camera, they come out as AVIs, and they play on my psp....

WRONG

the psp camera makes mpeg videos. There is an option to convert video in the "GoEdit" software to convert it to avi. Its not playable though.

csx
June 27th, 2007, 21:29

thats not possible screenie plz:) :thumbup:

Veskgar
June 27th, 2007, 22:20

New features are great but I would not want it getting too carried away. Dark_AleX knows best what would be worthwhile implementations and what would not.

It is rumored that Dark_AleX and team are working on something big but who knows how true that is. Personally, I am eagerly looking forward to 3.50 OE. If nothing more, it shows SONY that the homebrew scene WILL have its cake and eat it too...

jmendes
June 27th, 2007, 22:38
greater no-umd compatability would be nice

gannon730
June 27th, 2007, 22:52
I mite sound like a noob but wt does no-umd do to the psp. As long as it works and dont brick i will update it

Veskgar
June 27th, 2007, 23:01
I mite sound like a noob but wt does no-umd do to the psp. As long as it works and dont brick i will update it

If you back up your legally bought and purchased UMD games to memory stick like you would play a ROM, no-umd just means you don't have to have a UMD in your PSP's drive in order to play the game. Some argue that this benefits battery consumption and load times. But it is probably very minimal.

Unless no-umd is close to 100% compatible or there is a way to toggle it off/on in the XMB with a plugin, I generally don't care to use no-umd. Its a pain having to shut down the PSP, reboot, go into recovery, turn option on/off, etc.

gannon730
June 27th, 2007, 23:08
If you back up your legally bought and purchased UMD games to memory stick like you would play a ROM..........

how do you back up ur umd using wt files/ software

Tesseract
June 27th, 2007, 23:32

PSPFiler makes it pretty simple and straightforward. It archives the files from the UMD into a file with the .ISO format, which you can then compress to .CSO using a tool like YAPT on the PC. That'll save you some space most of the time.

mcdougall57
June 27th, 2007, 23:53
good to see that theyre also looking out for people with a broken umd drive as there have been no updates to no-umd in a while

burrito
June 28th, 2007, 00:03
Just search for USB SSS. It is VERY easy. It dumps directly to your computer.

starogre
June 28th, 2007, 00:25
what does signing prx or w/e do anyway? make it write to flash less or what? less chance of bricking?

urherenow
June 28th, 2007, 00:56
actually there IS a piece of homebrew that brings you to the recovery console from the xmb... it might be a bit before I remember the name of it though.

AuroEdge
June 28th, 2007, 02:50
If you back up your legally bought and purchased UMD games to memory stick like you would play a ROM, no-umd just means you don't have to have a UMD in your PSP's drive in order to play the game. Some argue that this benefits battery consumption and load times. But it is probably very minimal.

Unless no-umd is close to 100% compatible or there is a way to toggle it off/on in the XMB with a plugin, I generally don't care to use no-umd. Its a pain having to shut down the PSP, reboot, go into recovery, turn option on/off, etc.

Also, if you're UMD drive is dead then you will also have an option of playing games you've backed up already and won't be out of luck.

xg917
June 28th, 2007, 03:54
um.. ive been able to play AVIs too..

Veskgar
June 28th, 2007, 04:08
"first of all we disabled signcheck protection meaning now firmware's prx wont be signchecked although it will still be able to load signcheck prxes"

Via PSPGen

What this sounds like, and it would be awesome if I was right, is that the new custom firmware may be able to play games, demos, and other stuff that requires firmware higher than 3.50.

Like when games and stuff eventually require 3.80, 3.90, & 4.xx firmware, maybe a 3.50 OE PSP could run them without some stupid "system must be upgraded" message.

That would be very convenient and would probably give Dark_AleX a break once in a while so that he did not have to feel burdened to make a new custom firmware for every firmware update.

Tesseract
June 28th, 2007, 04:30
That DOES sound nifty, though I'm mostly looking forward to the RemotePlay and Expanded RSS Support (RSS your del.icio.us bookmarks, anyone? ;) ) with 3.50.

I'm hoping that once coders get their hands on RemotePlay, they'll be able to figure out how to get it to work with PC's directly aside from tunneling though a PS3. I'd love to have my PSP be properly DLNA-compliant!

starogre
June 28th, 2007, 05:42
I'd love to have my PSP be properly DLNA-compliant!

Yes, that does sound fun!

It would be hard however to have the pc recognize it as a 'game controller' (unless a piece of hardware hooked to the pc recognizes the wireless signal from the psp, then the hardware would be the 'game controller').

Are there any apps out there that let you play your psp through a tv or widescreen tv or something? like with usb/AV cords?

tvrstl
June 28th, 2007, 10:58
speaking about UMD's, does anyone know a way to wach a UMD movie with a different region code?

the_eternal_dark
June 28th, 2007, 11:57
speaking about UMD's, does anyone know a way to wach a UMD movie with a different region code?

Go into Recovery>Configuration>Fake UMD Region and enable it, also try enabling the Fake Region as well.

Micky_c_dog
June 28th, 2007, 12:32
i reckon dax should say he needs some donations to x amount of dollars before he will release the next firmware.

porchemasi
June 28th, 2007, 15:48
I wish more people could learn about VSH programming and implement new icons and short cuts in the xmb

+ he shoul dpermentantly remove the Update Icon (since it iwll brick certain psp) and replace it with a Wifi hotspot connect (for wireless usb!!)

he needs to supliment amazing prx's and new finctions like L+R scrolling into the new firmware

Cloudhunter
June 28th, 2007, 16:40
he shoul dpermentantly remove the Update Icon (since it iwll brick certain psp) and replace it with a Wifi hotspot connect (for wireless usb!!)

It can't "brick" certain PSP's at all. When you try and run an update, it fails with the error code "DADADADA".

Guess what DA stands for ;)

What this sounds like, and it would be awesome if I was right, is that the new custom firmware may be able to play games, demos, and other stuff that requires firmware higher than 3.50.

Like when games and stuff eventually require 3.80, 3.90, & 4.xx firmware, maybe a 3.50 OE PSP could run them without some stupid "system must be upgraded" message.

That would be very convenient and would probably give Dark_AleX a break once in a while so that he did not have to feel burdened to make a new custom firmware for every firmware update.

Nah... 2.80 and higher PRX's are "locked" to each PSP, meaning that - for instance - a firmware dump from one PSP of an OE firmware won't work on another.

What Dark_AleX has done is to remove the requirement that the PRX's need to be sigchecked.

However, even understanding what it means, doesn't mean I know the purpose of it :p

Cloudy

parkermauney
June 28th, 2007, 20:38
What Dark_AleX has done is to remove the requirement that the PRX's need to be sigchecked

Whoa, that would be VERY helpful, but couldn't it be dangerous?