PDA

View Full Version : Lameboy DS Update

wraggster
June 27th, 2007, 20:42
Status update about the GBC emu for DS from Nutki (http://lameboy.ath.cx/):

There’s been a while since last Lameboy release, so I will give you some idea what is happening now. Also I would like to thank all you guys supporting this project on various forums. Especially Wrecking_Crew (for numerous bug reports thanks to which you have fully working Zeldas), DanTheMan (for PHWiki page) and sonicandtails (compatibilty list).

So what’s happening to Lameboy DS now. Recently I don’t have so much time for development but some things changed from 0.8. My main goal at this step is to obtain reasonable compatibility before I go to some optimizations or new features. The only new feature in next release will be probably real time clock for Pokemon games which is actually already done. I have also already did about 5 compatibility patches that make many games playable, most notably Wario Blast input problem (thanks again Wrecking Crew) and Pokemon Crystal graphic glitches and Bubble Bobble. Currently I am working on Pokemon Pinball crashes.

Lastly some comments on sugested features:

custom classic GB colors - planned
custom border - possible
SGB borders and coloring - planned (quite complex to do and not very fun, but the result would be nice)
better/bilinear upscaling - not really likely to happen as current full screen feature is a hardware thing and there is no processing power to do software scaling with fancy algorithm. on the other hand I will not remove this feature because some may like it (although I agree with Harshboy that is looks bad)
emulated link/IR port feature - planned (although hard to do unless someone else do generic ad-hoc networking for libwifi or libnds first, and also I would need to get my hands on another NDS)
GS/GG codes - planned, fairly easy but I am afraid that full implementation would ruin performance (at least when emulated the way VBA does)
If I forgot something or you have other suggestions feel free to comment.

kcajblue
June 28th, 2007, 00:33
i cant wait for the release for this. :D

Demonic_Cr0w
June 28th, 2007, 01:19
Awesome! Lameboy is definatily the best GBC emulator. It's worked with everything that I've put it up against and it runs so smoothly. Bravo to the Lameboy creators ^^ The title of Lameboy is so deceiving >_<

DanTheManMS
June 28th, 2007, 01:51
Oh wow, I'm thanked just for making that page? Strange, I copied most of it from the ReadMe file anyway, with just a few minor revisions. Ah well.

Glad to hear that progress is being made. The SGB borders would be a great feature.

Category
June 28th, 2007, 02:23
Woohoo! Loving lameboy!

All I want from this project is better sound emulation when using Nanoloop or LSDJ, then I would use it even more!

Although it did convince me to dump Daiktana and play through that again!

Keep up the good work dude, even if you have less time!

XDelusion
June 28th, 2007, 06:43
The upscale looks bad, but it is liveable!

Can't wait for the next release, glad you are focussing on compatability first!

souLLy
June 28th, 2007, 09:18
awesome, the approach to developing this so far has been great, great work Nutki. I'm with Dan the Man too, borders would be fantastic

`The0n3
June 29th, 2007, 14:14
How did he get the real time clock working? Im guessing he used the internal clock but I thought that was not possible for some reason, either way thank goodness because thats like one of my only complaints, my favorite gbc game is gonna be perfect now can not wait to play some crystal. Now the only thing lacking is borders or a better scaled screen keep up the good work nutki!

lexluthor
June 29th, 2007, 14:20
The custom colours would be great.
Also adding borders would be pretty awesome as well.

Im not so bothered about the upscaling as im perfectly happy to play in a small box.

Trigger_Happy00
June 30th, 2007, 04:11
Is there link ability? I know it sounds pretty out there, but that would be the most awesomest thing ever.