PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus R13 Feature Poll

Wally
June 27th, 2007, 23:58
Hi people,

Decided to make a poll so that we can choose a feature we would like to be improved in R13.

The poll options explained:

Speed (includes Moving CPU to ME)

More Compatibility - includes making games work that dont show any life or show life but freeze up (Includes Turok, WWF Wrestlemania or Waverace)

Graphical Fixes - includes broken GFX / Fixing games that flash or are upside down (Army Men games / Fighting Force 64)

Ok serious time folks, vote on what you REALLY want for Daedalus R13, this is not a game vote its for what you would like to see improved the most of all.

I thought since Captain Morgan was only working on what game would like to be compatible with Daedalus. I thought i would make a Poll on which sections people would like to see improved / Added to daedalus in time for R13. This will be passed on to StrmnNrmn via his blog.

Sure only one option can be checked so please choose wisely, you only have one chance!

I picked Speed, due to the fact that the ME processor would make a lot of performance difference, sure it doesn't fix glitches in games like Diddy Kong Racing (Don't get excited Morgan) or make Revolt work, but it probably will allow Zelda OOT and lots of other games that we simply can not live without work much better. Im sure many of you will agree but please do vote for what you wish!

To make people vote now i've set this poll so it closes in 10 days.

Thanks

Wally

V3N0M
June 28th, 2007, 00:13
Well I went with speed as well, my reasons for doing so is because I'm interested in StrmnNrmn's idea of implementing the ME for the main emulation and using the CPU for sound emulation. From what I understand this would allow games to continue running as fast with sound. Using this method sound would no longer be a slowing factor. Whether or not this method will work as projected is what has me interested..

Nicko01
June 28th, 2007, 01:45
Definately speed. I really dont care about graphical glitches that much unless they make the game unplayable, which doesn't often happen.
More speed makes games more fun to play. I hope soon this emulator will be able to run SM64 at full speed with sound (with frameskip of course).

Shadowblind
June 28th, 2007, 01:55
Speed. Playing Smash Bros. is nice, but slow....

PLZKLLME0080
June 28th, 2007, 02:15
Speed. now that Super Smash Bros. is able to play on R12, it will likely be the most played game on Daedalus. Improving it's speed will make that even better.

felonyr301
June 28th, 2007, 06:30
It's a no brainer. Speed, seriously I want both the zelda games to be playable and until it's playable with sound on then I'm not going to really sit down and play it. I will just check it and point out some problems here and there to help Strmnn in fixing these hard issues these games bring out.

donutman
June 28th, 2007, 06:35
yea i went with speed to....
i think that that would be the way to go for now n worry bout the graphic glitches later

Ranmax09
June 28th, 2007, 06:38
Speed =)

Wally
June 28th, 2007, 06:44
Should we come to an conclusion now :P

CaptainMorgan4
June 28th, 2007, 06:49
I vote speed, I knew something like this would come, just didn't see you doing it Wally, I mate'.

Veskgar
June 28th, 2007, 06:51
I'm definitely feeling the need for speed when it comes to emulators. Its nice to have good compatibility, but if no games run at full speed or damn close to it there is really not as much enjoyment.

Daedalus progress may seem slow to some impatient and uninformed people but if you read all of StrmmnNrmn's blog updates regarding what he's worked on for each upcoming release, its easy to see just how much work it must be in developing Daedalus.

So although I voted SPEED, I'm nobody to dictate what direction to take. Its just my personal preference to have SPEED and OPTIMIZATIONS focused on.

If switching audio to ME to get some speed optimizations is still on the plate, I am very excited to see the results. I know everyone wants this and it seems that Strmn has been tight-lipped about it. This may be for good reason. If Daedalus can continue and improve so well without even using the ME, imagine what might be possible if ME is used later.

Its obvious that Daedauls is one of the most exciting projects in PSP homebrew. I'm looking forward to the continued development.

the unique warrior
June 28th, 2007, 07:16
Wally, obviously -- a lot of people would want more speed for the games they already can play ( even in a little bad shape of graphics ) . It is obvious, everyone would choose Speed - mostly.

DarthPaul
June 28th, 2007, 07:23
Speed for sure.

Wally
June 28th, 2007, 07:24
Wally, obviously -- a lot of people would want more speed for the games they already can play ( even in a little bad shape of graphics ) . It is obvious, everyone would choose Speed - mostly.

True Nima (TUW)

However I dont know what strmnNrmn thinks / He has a mind of his own :P and tends to get off task :)

So maybe if people vote then yeah

Wally

cyclonmaster
June 28th, 2007, 07:29
3 above is not much of my choice. anyway, I choose compatibility atm. A would like to see save state feature implemented.

craigdanbeaton
June 28th, 2007, 07:33
I chose compatibility, Even though more speed would be nice.

YourStillWithMe
June 28th, 2007, 07:42
I voted speed too. I hate to sound like a jerk and all but seriously, who the frig cares about compatability? This emulator is not Surreal from the Xbox. . . . .If we can only really get mario 64, mario kart, smash and goldeneye, thats cool for the psp. I'll be happy with that! Why work on compatability? so we can be in the same position we are in now??? (still working on speed and glitches) Compatability should be the last thing to worry about in my opinion. Having these games that run decent but not GREAT is almost like a tease. . .

PS-Improved Sound Anyone?~?~?~?~??????

CaptainMorgan4
June 28th, 2007, 07:47
Yeah I forgot about sound...wow..Wally you should add that.

Kvonx
June 28th, 2007, 07:54
i would vote for speed!!!!!! ;)

jedikevin20
June 28th, 2007, 07:58
Well I voted speed. I wanna see how this baby can go once he implements all his little optimizations that he stated was not in r12.

the unique warrior
June 28th, 2007, 08:16
True Nima (TUW)

However I dont know what strmnNrmn thinks / He has a mind of his own :P and tends to get off task :)

So maybe if people vote then yeah

Wally

As a developer, I would go with fixing graphics and fixing game crashes -- speed would be the last think I'd want to fix after the graphics are good.

nomi
June 28th, 2007, 08:49
speed is the choice! makes games for fun!

ojdon
June 28th, 2007, 09:17
I was stuck between choosing (sp?) Speed or Compatibility... I would want to see games that kind of work a bit faster, but I would love to see games like Harvest Moon, Command & Conquer and a Rom Extended Mario 64 (Since a Toad Tools is out a the Mario 64 scene will be back)

Sterist
June 28th, 2007, 09:34
speed. 90% of games that boot, play on 30% sync average

i have also suggested on his blog to use a 2nd psp via wifi for extra processing power, but the "blog owner" hasnt gone over any comment submissions yet. it will be around 65th comment when he does

Sonicboy 101
June 28th, 2007, 10:54
Speed. I would like to see games running faster. :)

Airdevil
June 28th, 2007, 13:29

i have also suggested on his blog to use a 2nd psp via wifi for extra processing power, but the "blog owner" hasnt gone over any comment submissions yet. it will be around 65th comment when he does

That wouldnt work, it would be very awkward to program and slow.

Besides when he comes to releasing it with "2 psps", dont you think everyone who isnt spoilt be a bit pissed off cause they dont have 2 psps?

anyway, i voted for speed cause basically everything i want to run is booting (apart from conkers) it just needs that extra speed boost.

starogre
June 28th, 2007, 14:25
i guess it's a total blowout - speed for me! i want sounddddddd

mfz64
June 28th, 2007, 14:32
i voted for speed. i want all the games that are working now to be playabe.....cause its really not worth playing if the game is running at 5fps.....secondly, i would have voted compatibility, fixing random crashes like in majora's mask.....when you get healed, you die.....how ironic

kharaboudjan
June 28th, 2007, 14:52
speed of course. what else?

`The0n3
June 28th, 2007, 15:33
Speed all the way.

`The0n3
June 28th, 2007, 15:35

Spoiled little rich boy. :o

Iceman^2
June 28th, 2007, 15:47
I voted for speed because having more speed will help make the games we already have more playable. It will also probably bring other games up to speed that weren't playable before.

Ihavenolife
June 28th, 2007, 15:48
I would suggest a speed improvement seeing as we've just had both graphical glitches and compatability improved.

SpacemanSpiff
June 28th, 2007, 16:22
COMPATABILITY, all I want is to be able to complete the Deku Tree in Zelda without it crashing on me, is that so much to ask?

mareko_pl
June 28th, 2007, 17:11
Speed up!!!! :)

mike_jmg
June 28th, 2007, 17:56
Paper Mario!!!!!

somehow the graphics got improved in R12, but still crashes when you try to create a file

RDToT
June 28th, 2007, 18:16
speed Rulez
OOT is the best game I have ever played
I really thank u dude from the depth of my heart ;p

wolfpack
June 28th, 2007, 18:30
id still say more compatibility... i want mystical ninja to work without crashing

optic.ghost
June 28th, 2007, 18:32
Speed would be the next step of logical progression. You also have to consider that everything else will eventually follow.

mike03$$$
June 28th, 2007, 19:20
I'm going with compatabilty because it said wwf and I think starting off with compatabilty is better because if we start with speed and then do compatabilty it will decrease the speed of some games that were top speed before so that's why I chose compatabilty and because it said wwf

xg917
June 28th, 2007, 19:44
COMPATABILITY, all I want is to be able to complete the Deku Tree in Zelda without it crashing on me, is that so much to ask?

lol, i beat the game already. and dont worry zelda OOT is at the top on the other poll so its gona get worked on

i vote speed.

Gold Line
June 28th, 2007, 19:58
why do people keep saying you cant complete the Deku Tree, you can! i have finished the game on Daedalus (but i skipped the water and fire temple, i'm too lazy to finish them)

mike03$$$
June 28th, 2007, 20:17
ya people crazy 4 speed u think every1 likes playin mario kart all day

xg917
June 28th, 2007, 20:29
why do people keep saying you cant complete the Deku Tree, you can! i have finished the game on Daedalus (but i skipped the water and fire temple, i'm too lazy to finish them)

u didnt show me how to skipp those temples yet :p

SnoopKatt
June 28th, 2007, 20:42
I think we have a winning choice :p

Jpdeathblade
June 28th, 2007, 21:01
I would do:

Speed - get games going faster, playable
Sound - Let me hear the guys I kill =P
Compat - More games for the playing
Wifi - 2 to 4 players in SSB!!! (Commenceing pant creamage)

SpacemanSpiff
June 28th, 2007, 21:05

What version of the rom are you using? I've tried with US version 1.0 and 1.2 and both versions crash at various points in the Deku Tree.

Gold Line
June 28th, 2007, 21:11
u didnt show me how to skipp those temples yet :p

oh its easy all you have to do is complete the temples out of order.

this is the order

deku tree > bottom of the well (meh you can do this whenever you want i just think it saves time to do it here) > dodongdongs cavern > jabus jabus belly > forest temple > the ice cave > get the long shot from the water temple but don't complete the temple > spirit temple > shadow temple (using the early shadow temple glitch) > zelda gives you the light arrows and then go to gannons castle.

acn010
June 28th, 2007, 21:12
speed!!!!!!!!!!! more speed improvement!!!!!!!!!!!!

carlitx
June 28th, 2007, 21:54
yah speed yahhh!! WOOOOT 700th post :P

Shrygue
June 28th, 2007, 22:10
I choose speed as the bit to improve, though more more compatibility would be good too.

AtariFreek
June 28th, 2007, 22:41
Spped is my number one issue. MUST HAVE SMB64 WITH SPEEEEEEED! AND GOLDENEYE!!!! Also, sound would be great especially on OOT. Oh, and compatability, Mario Tennis and Yoshis Story.... I chose speed though.

acn010
June 28th, 2007, 22:53
lol,,, yes speed is theway to go

CaptainMorgan4
June 28th, 2007, 22:58
Since StrmnNrmn is reading my thread I'm sure he's reading this one, he knows we want that ME and some speed!

parkermauney
June 28th, 2007, 22:59
I chose compatibility because I'm looking forward to playing sm64 hacks on tha puspa. ;D

maxi_jac
June 28th, 2007, 23:22

Simply disable dynarec, it won't crash.
Have you tried with R12 ?

--------

I also voted speed !

Goldeneye will never be "playable" on the psp since we don't have a n64 controller, no need to speed up this game :p

++ B.

bobjebob
June 28th, 2007, 23:24
Sound

xg917
June 28th, 2007, 23:51
What version of the rom are you using? I've tried with US version 1.0 and 1.2 and both versions crash at various points in the Deku Tree.

you have to turn dynarec off some times so that the game doesnt crash. or just use daedalus R9. you need R9 to play in the spirit temple and dodongos cavern and gannons castle.
seems like dynarec got more sensitive from R10 and up. i hope he fixes it for R13

SpacemanSpiff
June 28th, 2007, 23:59
How slow does it run without dynarec? (Rhetorical question) Probably wouldn't even be worth playing. Thats why he should look at fixing the compatability issues with the dynarec, since obviously you arent going to see any games running at playable speed with dynarec disabled.

mikebeaver
June 29th, 2007, 00:22
Meh, I voted speed, because we have had 2 compatability updates since the last Speed release, so if we can progress along with one or two of each then it will keep EVERYONE happy.

I would like to see breater compatability with certain games such as Zelda : OoT and Goden Eye etc, but there needs to be speed up's aswell, that way we can listen to the sound whilst still playing games at a reasonable speed.

Thanks to StrmnNrmn for all his hard work, and am happily using R12 while he works on his next update :P

Mike..

tallica
June 29th, 2007, 00:29
Speed because i cant wait to play mario kart 64 full speed!

fpcreator2000
June 29th, 2007, 04:43
Speed because of 3 games:

Mario Kart 64
Starfox 64
Super Smash Bros.

Although I would also go with compatibility due to these games:

Blast Corps (Underrated Gem)
Xtreme G 2
F-Zero X
Bomberman 64
The rest of the Rare games
and More games.

N64 was the system for fun games, and multiplayer console games. I kinda wish I hadn't sold it, but Master Chief threaten me with my life if I didn't go live. I had no choice.

The Virus
June 29th, 2007, 15:28
Speed and sound, of course.

jurkevicz
June 29th, 2007, 16:19
I think Speed and compatibility. I've been dying to play Mace the Dark Ages!

h4s30
June 29th, 2007, 19:05
speed and compatibility i believe this was how exophased worked and we have a gba emulator thats fast with sound and plays almost every game except ff6 lol

CaptainMorgan4
June 29th, 2007, 20:53
It still doesn't play Kingdom Hearts COM does it?

SpacemanSpiff
June 29th, 2007, 21:30
Kingdom Hearts worked fine last I tried it, just leave it unzipped and make sure you have the good BIOS dump.

CaptainMorgan4
June 29th, 2007, 21:45
Oh see last time I tried it would crash after the opening sequence.

xg917
June 29th, 2007, 22:37
yea the opening sequence runs fine on gpsp 0.8 so play the game on that then save it, then transfer the save to gpsp 0.9 or just do the save on the computer

July 1st, 2007, 01:55
i think speed because games are just funner when they are at full speed. I would love to see super smash bros. at full speed. Anyways super smash would virtually be the most played.

benny blanco
July 10th, 2007, 01:47
compatability is the way to go. If r13 can run perfect dark like bond runs on r12, then r13 could possibly run bond at full speed. mario64 runs full speed on r12 without sound. Compatability would be my vote. :thumbup: Resident evil 2 or perfect dark should be the goal to reach is my thought.

xg917
July 10th, 2007, 02:26
better to get speed first in my opinion..

Xx FightStar xX
July 10th, 2007, 02:42
agreed, i think people voted very wisely

cataphrax
July 10th, 2007, 03:43
Looks like just about everyone on this site's on speed. I vote for speed too (if poll were open) What good is playing Perfect Dark or Resi if it runs 5fps?

pkmaximum
July 10th, 2007, 04:17
Ya because its great if you have a lot of games that run, but if none of them are enjoyable enough to play then there is no point in playing. So speed is first off, because even if there are titles that run 100% perfect then people can wait on compatibility.

@hmed
October 16th, 2007, 07:18
thank you brother.

hiiamevil
January 16th, 2008, 01:24
it cant play oot