PDA

View Full Version : Fear For Psp Emulation For Dreamcast

DARKGATE
June 13th, 2005, 08:24
Hummm i see in that period a great development of emu for PSP, and too much email on forum of psp argouments , i have fear wich all the coders abandon the DREAMCAST emulation, =| the PSP is beautiful machine, ma this is a site only DREAMCAST, more post people, the DREAMCAST is the NUMBER ONE ;).

Dont' kill the DREAMCAST!!!

quzar
June 13th, 2005, 09:51
one has nothing to do with the other. the only problem is that wraggster does not run seperate forums, so the psp forum pushes all the DC stuff out of the way for the newer things. For some reason the psp forum users have already made more threads than all the DC forums put together on this site. On the other hand they have much fewer posts per thread, which shows lots of threads with little content, as opposed to in the DC sections where we have specific things that are discussed in contained topics.

anyways, i don't know of a single dc devver who has decided to leave the DC for the psp. It just seems like so much is happening mostly because there are pretty much daily releases of these emulator ports, with very little update, as opposed to with the DC where we may have monthly or yearly updates that bring lots of bugfixes, speedups, and extra features.

Darksaviour69
June 13th, 2005, 11:23
there is a xbox coder that is now coding for the psp, but i don't think any dc coders have yet.

as for the forum issue, we are going to (try) and fix that, but not by having different forums. i think we can sort something out ;)

DCDayDreamer
June 13th, 2005, 17:46
Well this is a multi-console forum so you'd expect lots of posts about the newer consoles that run homebrew, think of it this way...

in a couple of years time (even less probably), the newest console that's hacked to play such things will get loads of posts from the excited fanboys, what console? - your guess is as good as mine.

There'll still be the hardcore DC coders working away with whatever free time they get along with the other system coders, don't believe me?, check out Atariage before you answer.

Cast128dreams
June 17th, 2005, 10:32
I am sure that coders still working for Dreamcast.....
Dreamcast has more to offer...You can see that in some emulators which are not perfect.

Cast128dreams
June 24th, 2005, 18:42
If i was a coder and i knew something more in pc's i would work for Dc.Thats for sure.

Cross
June 24th, 2005, 19:42
The PSP is just now gaining the abilty to homebrew on the more popular/most common release software. So its constantly being hit on. I have my PSP running NES and SNES which is what I wanted but its a hand held and will not replace the DC. I would like to start coding and the DC and XBOX will be where I start. The PSP is great, don't get me wrong I love it, but frankly its got enough coders and well, one they are finished I will have what I want out of it, the DC is where I would like to see revival and the XBOX section here...well no one seems to be to active there...

I doubt DC EMU Coding is going anywhere. Yes the PSP is really popular right now, but again its just really been started where everyone can run homebrew and like the DC before it everyone wanted to learn how, but when that dies down in another month or two I think it will stillbe popular but the constant arrival of new people only to ask how to do things will disappear.....But the DC will STILL be here *Evil Grin*

Christuserloeser
June 27th, 2005, 21:54
I pretty much lost my interest in posting here these days... I somewhat went back to DCEmulation.com

I used to think Sony pays a lot of people to post about the PSP in the VG and retro scene's forums but judging from the posts itself...

SiZiOUS
June 27th, 2005, 22:17
If i was a coder and i knew something more in pc's i would work for Dc.Thats for sure.
But you can do it. :D

I pretty much lost my interest in posting here these days... I somewhat went back to DCEmulation.com
Really ? :(

shade
June 27th, 2005, 22:28
I you remember a simerly thing happend with X-Box, once it was hacked there was a sudden rush of emulaters and stuff, That also happend with dreamcast and is happening with PSP at the moment, in about 6 months time it will calm down.

DC coding is going no where as you can professionly publish homemade games on DC and you can't do that with PSP.

Christuserloeser
June 28th, 2005, 01:12
Shade, what you wrote is true. DC is about the only console for which you can publish independent games that easy :)

Really ? :(
Yeah, but I said 'these days' - I'll be back ;) Sometimes it's good to go back to where you started :D

Maybe I'm tired of waiting for DCEmu UK v2 or it's just that stupid 'Most recent forum's posts' thing only showing PSP topics that annoys me...

Jdemon
June 28th, 2005, 02:19
Well, speaking as a general EMU fan and non-coder person...

I think alot of people who are into the PSP right now have found their way here because of the professional and inteligent way these Forums are conducted, and because of the way people here act towards each other...respectfully. That's something you don't find everywhere. People are helping each other out..explaining things or pointing people in the right direction to get info. And you guys are right on top of the latest information as well :D

SiZiOUS
June 28th, 2005, 12:41
Yeah, but I said 'these days' - I'll be back Sometimes it's good to go back to where you started
Okay :D

I think alot of people who are into the PSP right now have found their way here because of the professional and inteligent way these Forums are conducted, and because of the way people here act towards each other...respectfully. That's something you don't find everywhere. People are helping each other out..explaining things or pointing people in the right direction to get info. And you guys are right on top of the latest information as well
Thanks for Wraggs :D

WHurricane16
July 2nd, 2005, 22:03
These new PSP people (i.e., noobs) are a different bunch of cats. I didn't know where else to put this. I read this crap everyday, and it seems to be getting worse. ROFL

wraggster
July 2nd, 2005, 23:06
The PSP scene is the new kid on the block much like the Xbox scene was a year or so ago when we were having silly amounts of releases, each new scene has these periods and each older scene overcomes them.

Have patience with your dreamcast scene :)

Jdemon
July 3rd, 2005, 00:57
Am I a noob even if I'm a 9/9/99 Dreamcast owner? :D

DCDayDreamer
July 3rd, 2005, 01:03
The PSP is indeed the new kid on the block, it's also good to see the dev/emu/homebrew scene active in other areas, the sad thing is, someone changed the 'DCHomebrew' link at the top of the DCEmulation forum to 'PSP Emulation' - what's the point in that?

wraggster
July 3rd, 2005, 01:26
because 007 cheetah owns psp emulation :P

Cast128dreams
July 4th, 2005, 11:45
Iam a 12/10/1999 owner of the Dreamcast.
Dam it.Here in Greece everything seems to delay(as for the products)

quzar
July 5th, 2005, 08:11
because 007 cheetah owns psp emulation :P

who was it that took dchomebrew again....

Cast128dreams
July 5th, 2005, 11:02
Let me guess!