PDA

View Full Version : AFKIM 3.2.1 LIVE Skin with mp3 support

wraggster
June 28th, 2007, 06:39
News/release from Cubicpixel:

Hello fellow PSP users.

I really appriciated zx-81 realease of Denzel's AFKIM with keyboard support (3.2.1). I use msn everyday and now I get to use it on my psp! I redesigned the entire graphics to match msn LIVE's look, with a new eboot etc.. I haven't changed anything else. I'd like to thank anyone who participated in this project. This is my small contribution

Also, I added a seplugins folder containing irsmp3.prx plugin seted up right. I'm using this plugin all the time:

- Works perfect with 3.40oe in AFKIM (and other homebrew for that matter);
- Targus keyboard still compatible;
- You get to lower the CPU speed with it and listen to music while chatting;
- Runs smoothly at 110 mhz, saves lots of battery;
- Internet connection is stable, psp gets less hot lol;
- On screen display of music fits ok in the menus.

--------------------------------------------------

INSTALLATION:

--------------------------------------------------

1. Install AFKIM 3.2.1 (3.xx version): http://zx81.dcemu.co.uk/afkim-instant-messenger-for-psp-v3-2-1-66769.html

2. Download my .zip file via comments

3. Copy the content of the "3.xx_eboot_and_skin" folder to your AFKIM folder. exemple: ms0://PSP/GAME340/AFKIM/... Click "Yes to all" to replace files;

4. Copy the "seplugins" folder to the root of your memory stick. Click "Yes to all" if asked;

5. To enable the plugin, you must go in recovery mode (restart psp & hold R). Make shure that the "irsmp3.prx [GAME]" is enabled in the "plugins" section;

6. To use the plugin (you can change these settings in the ms0://seplugins/mp3conf.txt):

Volume up: NOTE & UP
volume down: NOTE & DOWN
Start or Stop: NOTE & CROSS
Previous track: NOTE & LTRIGGER
Next track: NOTE & RTRIGGER
Random/Sequence: NOTE & TRIANGLE
Boost CPU speed: NOTE & RIGHT
Lower CPU speed: NOTE & LEFT
Reload music: NOTE & SQUARE
Screen display: NOTE & CIRCLE

---------------------------------------------------

ps: If ever you have pikey installed to flash memory. You might need to hold SELECT on homebrew startup or else the mp3 plugin gets disabled (random glitch I guess). Other than that this works great!

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via cubicpixel (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1632166&postcount=1)

DarthPaul
June 28th, 2007, 07:13
Nice! I'm downloading it right now,this is like the best thing ever made..!

Edited: I just installed it and all I'm getting is a black screen..hm..
Oh,it doesn't work with the eboot provided for me. I had to put the original AFKIM3's eboot to get it working.

Nikolaos
June 28th, 2007, 21:19
Nice! I'm downloading it right now,this is like the best thing ever made..!

Edited: I just installed it and all I'm getting is a black screen..hm..
Oh,it doesn't work with the eboot provided for me. I had to put the original AFKIM3's eboot to get it working.

that may change the arrangement of the words ect... its your kernel, try putting afkim in 3.40 kernel folder.