PDA

View Full Version : Sega aims high in Europe

JKKDARK
June 28th, 2007, 15:06
via MCV (http://www.mcvuk.com/news/27627/Sega-aims-high-in-Europe)

COO and president Mike Hayes says Sega can be a top five publisher in Europe by the end of its financial year in March

SEGA expects to further increase market share this year, pushing for a Top Five place on the back of its widest portfolio to date.

A significant ramping up of releases was shown to over 300 retailers and buyers from across Europe at the recent trade conference in Malta – with Mario & Sonic, Golden Compass and The Club amongst those winning rave responses.

“This is really our first year with a full range. We have products in a variety of areas, from Club and Sega Rally for the hardcore gamer to Mario & Sonic with universal appeal,” Sega Europe’s COO and president Mike Hayes told MCV.

Sega’s forthcoming range also includes PC RTS Universe At War, the return of the NiGHTS and Sonic Rush franchises, plus Ghost Squad on Wii and a sequel to The Condemned on 360.

Sega is already a top ten publisher in Europe and higher in the UK, but the investment of the past few years has been earmarked very much to become one of the elite.

Shadowblind
June 28th, 2007, 16:10
I only wish Sega would finally put out another console.....THATS aiming high.

Demolition49
June 28th, 2007, 18:09
sega did produce good products, sega and nintendo were always my favourites and are all the way up to today.

I_Highway
June 28th, 2007, 23:57
Yeah, Shodowblind, our hopes do never die. I doubt, but I always dream about a new Sega console. And a new Gangster Town.

By the way, I am very confident about the games Sega is about to release. Go, Sega, go!

VampDude
June 30th, 2007, 02:22
Since SEGA started working on games for other consoles their standards dropped, the only way SEGA could ever aim high is to do what Shadowblind said and release a new console!

Baboon
July 1st, 2007, 11:45
Sega still make good arcacde games though.

I'm looking forward to Ghost Squad on the Wii, plus I'm hoping they might eventually port a House of the Dead game too. :) ...Lets just hope they bring em all to the wii!

VampDude
July 1st, 2007, 21:55
Sega still make good arcacde games though.

I'm looking forward to Ghost Squad on the Wii, plus I'm hoping they might eventually port a House of the Dead game too. :) ...Lets just hope they bring em all to the wii!

The arcade games are the best as it's SEGA's home ground, but anything coming out for the Wii PS3 Xbox360 and PSP don't quite measure up to what is released in the arcades.

JKKDARK
July 1st, 2007, 22:13
yeah long life the Naomi! :D The most successful arcade machine by Sega :D

VampDude
July 1st, 2007, 23:18
yeah long life the Naomi! :D The most successful arcade machine by Sega :D

The best place to play SEGA is Trocadero in Piccadilly (London), the former home to SEGA WORLD. I go there quite frequently, cause it still has some SATURN arcade classics aswell as some new titles! :D