PDA

View Full Version : MCBackUp v0.1 -Beta version

wraggster
June 28th, 2007, 16:21
News/release from Askot: (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19907&postcount=1)

Thanks to endergx I've decide to upload this file again, this utility can help you to back up your Memory Card files to SD Card and restore them, It's a beta version but it works on GC and Wii -Thanks again to endergx-, I tested it in a Mad Catz 251 blocks.

You need to create a MCBACKUP folder in your SD Card, some options are inactive (SMB Options), you can open readme.txt for more information.

Any feedback would be apreciated -not offensive post please-

Remember it's a beta version.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

wolf9545
July 3rd, 2007, 22:16
I created a folder in the root of my SD card called MCBACKUP and I am using the SDLOAD option with the action replay. When I use your program and I choose to save to a SD card I get an error after I choose the game I want to save. I get a "Couldn't save to dev0:\MCBACKUP\name_of_game Press A to continue" and if I press A I then get "Backup failed'. This happens if I try to backup a game from a original Nintendo memory card or a action replay card. I have a 2 GB PNY SD card and a SD Gecko adapter.

Waffel
July 15th, 2007, 15:39
Hmm, nice tool. The backupping from MC to SD works perfectly, the restoring not so.

The savegame restores fine, as in it's visible and looks correct in the GC-Bios-memorycardviewer, but the game(s) don't recognize the save. Appearantly, the tool messes up the filename of the save, as it doesn't properly write the Developer and Game Code.

For example, my "8P-GFZP-f-zero.dat" backupped perfectly fine to "8P-GFZP-f-zero.dat.gci", but when I restored it, it was named "--fzero.dat" on the GC-MemoryCard and wasn't recognized by my copy of F-Zero GX.

dreamcastninja
July 15th, 2007, 20:50
i might have to delete that prog off my card, i havent tried to restore yet, makes me mad :( doesn't work?