PDA

View Full Version : Downgrade 3.50 Video Tutorial

wraggster
June 28th, 2007, 22:44
Over at Youtube someone has posted a Video Tutorial showing you how to downgrade your PSP.

Check it out below:

http://www.youtube.com/v/i7c2r84AXyk

parkermauney
June 28th, 2007, 23:04
Great work! This could definitely be helpful.

Cokemusic
June 28th, 2007, 23:12
Helpful to anyone who doesn't have the intelligence to navigate their way outa their house.

Downgrading has become increasingly simple , step by step instructions should be adequet enough for even the simplest of minds.

acn010
June 28th, 2007, 23:16
that fast???? wow, thanks

gannon730
June 28th, 2007, 23:26
this could be usefull but i think most people would know how 2 do that any way but i suppose there are some people out there tht this could help

parkermauney
June 28th, 2007, 23:29
I was just trying to be optimistic. :(

:D

pt9087
June 28th, 2007, 23:59
Lol, that song does my ****in head in!

woop
June 29th, 2007, 00:29
Doesn't that OK at the end of the downgrade look like the OK from sonys magic memory stick vids?

tallica
June 29th, 2007, 00:34
Nice clear video, should help a few people, good job man.

Veskgar
June 29th, 2007, 01:09
This is like watching only the ending of a movie you really wanted to see and spoiling it.

Its more fun to follow the directions, and do it yourself.

watupgroupie
June 29th, 2007, 02:57
Was this made by a 2 year old? Because it really seems like it. If you can't read a readme file and follow the directions (for most people you should just be able to skim through it in 5 seconds) then you shouldn't be doing this kinda stuff at all. I'm 13 and havn't used this downgrader but used every other one on mine and friends psp's and never had a brick just because i went to school and learnt how to read and have a high enough iq to actually do what it's asking me.

starogre
June 29th, 2007, 04:30
Was this made by a 2 year old? Because it really seems like it. If you can't read a readme file and follow the directions (for most people you should just be able to skim through it in 5 seconds) then you shouldn't be doing this kinda stuff at all. I'm 13 and havn't used this downgrader but used every other one on mine and friends psp's and never had a brick just because i went to school and learnt how to read and have a high enough iq to actually do what it's asking me.

what kids your age take valid, official IQ tests...enough times for an average?

most people are scared their really expensive piece of equipment will break because of a silly stupid mistake they made, so its much more comforting watching someone else do it, without the risk of naming the file update.PBP instead of UPDATE.PBP (for example...if it matters...its just an example..)

oh and spelled 'learned' right, highly educated scholar of the future..

Stigmatized
June 29th, 2007, 11:22
I think it's a good tutorial, if not a little hard to see at times, but the zoom in's help. The music did drive me crazy and I'm sure it'll be stuck in my head all day now :) lol.

Different people have different opinions, I'm glad it was made as after watching it, I will find it easier to downgrade, even though I am aware of how to do it, it's nice to see someone else do it as well. Those who don't like it - simply don't watch it and do it your way!

Axelius
June 29th, 2007, 12:44
oh and spelled 'learned' right, highly educated scholar of the future..
I think both spellings are correct (although learnt sounds old fashioned to me...)

indo_stylo
June 29th, 2007, 16:54
Damn man, i love that song

Axelius
June 29th, 2007, 17:00
The songs are:
-Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson & D.O.E.: The Way I Are
-Paolo Nutini: New Shoes

happy_mak
June 29th, 2007, 17:11
well which song is this one anyways..

Irfaan
June 29th, 2007, 21:29
I just wanted to know is this done exactly the same way with a TOA-82 motherboard or do you need to take extra steps......(don't worry i already know the consiquences involved when doing it on this motherboard....)

Any help appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!

tvrstl
June 29th, 2007, 21:42
Nice, but this dude doesn't know that you just press the R shoulder button to skip battery check (just try with OE for example)

But Don't do this if you have under 50%

(just if you can't wait 'till 75% or over)

well, if it's hard to read the readme, than there should also follow a link to his guide inside the zip/rar of the Downgrader (can save many Bricks!!!)

donutman
June 29th, 2007, 21:42
yea i downgraded my cousins psp and it has a ta-082 mother board thingy and i just wanna know if u can upgradde it to a 3.40 oe-a firmware?

donutman
June 29th, 2007, 21:46
cmon ppl any help would be appreciated!!! =]

Buddy4point0
June 29th, 2007, 22:24
i downgraded my friends 3.50 yesterday and its very simple, i dont really see why people would need a video tutorial, or a tutorial at all. the readme and instuctions tell you everything you need to know. but i gess for those ultra noobs this will help.

Spotfist
July 3rd, 2007, 09:03
Maybe this is a dumb question and Im a bit of a douche but where would I be able to download version 3.50? I'v had a look on the sony site but of course they want me to upgrade to 3.51 :(

Is there no archive of firmwares on DCEMU? or perhaps a list of games that would have this firmware on em... ?

jonnyt
July 3rd, 2007, 17:29
Maybe this is a dumb question and Im a bit of a douche but where would I be able to download version 3.50? I'v had a look on the sony site but of course they want me to upgrade to 3.51 :(

Is there no archive of firmwares on DCEMU? or perhaps a list of games that would have this firmware on em... ?

get it here
http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.50-(North-America)-PSP/pg/12/fid/13840/catid/163
then update your psp to 3.50
next download the downgrader from noobz here
http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/downgrader-for-psp-v3.50-firmware.html
and follow the instructions on the downgradeHOWTO.txt to downgrade your psp.

good luck

Stigmatized
July 3rd, 2007, 19:03
Just a quick question.. perhaps I'm just being really blind today (er.. I blame the weather!)..

As my boyfriend needs to upgrade his PSP to 3.50, as he's on 3.40 at the moment.. I've downloaded the update and unzipped the folder. The file in the folder is eboot.pbp; so I copy that file (or is it the whole folder) to the UPDATE folder on his memory stick. Then I run the update.. as it says. Once that has finished, it says "Delete <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE - This is the part I'm having trouble understanding. Any help would be appreciated.

Then its just buying him a 4GB stick and Lumines! *Sigh*

3 - Unzip and place the file in <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

4 - On the PSP, run the 3.50 update from the memory stick under the Game menu.

5 - Delete <pspdrive>:/PSP/GAME/UPDATE

Spotfist
July 4th, 2007, 12:48
get it here
http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-3.50-(North-America)-PSP/pg/12/fid/13840/catid/163
then update your psp to 3.50
next download the downgrader from noobz here
http://www.noobz.eu/joomla/news/downgrader-for-psp-v3.50-firmware.html
and follow the instructions on the downgradeHOWTO.txt to downgrade your psp.

good luck

Thanks for that Jonnyt but Im looking for the UK or European version... (should have mentioned that, sorry) is there a differance? I managed to find this version but wasn't 100% I should be using it.

Bane King
July 22nd, 2007, 15:13
Umm...might be a retarded question but looking in google I've found that there isn't a 3.51 downgrader yet.

True or false?

pt9087
July 22nd, 2007, 15:14
Umm...might be a retarded question but looking in google I've found that there isn't a 3.51 downgrader yet.

True or false?

The latest is 3.50

theleo
July 23rd, 2007, 09:15
good work