PDA

View Full Version : ControlPanel v340a - An OE helper app

IndianCheese
June 28th, 2007, 23:19
ControlPanel is an unreleased project I started a while back. It used to be for flash space only, but I evolved it into an application that can be used when you are updating to an OE firmware; this version is for when updating to 3.40 OE-A. It can free flash space, backup and restore your current theme (since themes get erased when updating, you can back it up before updating and restore it afterwards), and installing the LocationFree player (LFTV was removed by DAX because of limited flash space). Enjoy!

You may have noticed that this version is 340a. I will try to make a ControlPanel version for any future custom firmwares.

Wow, I got 1,000 posts AND released an app in the same day! I am on FIRE!!!

EDIT: It seems that I forgot to mention something very important. In order to use the LocationFree Player installation option, you must first use the "free flash space" option. If you have freed your flash space with another flash-modding application, you should still refree it because the LocationFree installer is only guaranteed to work with the modifications made by this app.

Download (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=19474&d=1183069142)

parkermauney
June 28th, 2007, 23:24
Great work. Many people always ask about getting lf back.

IndianCheese
June 28th, 2007, 23:29
LMAO I thought I would never get back to finishing that...I started it a few months ago and forgot about it till I saw that LocationFree thread.

pt9087
June 29th, 2007, 00:00
Lol nice dude! 5 star! :thumbup:

pibs
June 29th, 2007, 00:21
wow i love you! ive needed this for soo long.

great job you deserve some money or something ;D

tallica
June 29th, 2007, 00:40
Good job thanks for the release!

IndianCheese
June 29th, 2007, 02:07
So it's working alright for everyone?

dejkirkby
June 29th, 2007, 05:21
Nice work IndianCheese, Can I post it on my site too?

Mr. Shizzy
June 29th, 2007, 12:23
So this will back your theme up before you update to 3.40? And then restore your theme after the upgrade?

That may not be a good idea... A lot of the rco files are not compatible from one firmware to the next...

IndianCheese
June 29th, 2007, 18:49
While that may be true, it nevertheless gives you the option to back up your theme so you can convert it to a 3.40-compatible one later. Besides, edited RCOs, the ones that make a theme a theme, are always 1.50-2.50 and have always been compatible with OE firmwares (except for that 3.10 topmenu glitch a while back, but that was fixed).

Dejkirkby, go right ahead (as long as I get appropriate credit :-))

Buddy4point0
June 29th, 2007, 22:20
it would be great if you made it so it could convert 3.03 topmenus to 3.40 topmenus in the program. that would be even easyer

forrestsun
June 30th, 2007, 02:40
I downloaded it, upzipped and put the entire folder under my game150 folder (using 340OEA). Then I can start the program and saw the four options. I followed to press the O and the displayed "locationfree player installed". But after a complete restart, still nothing happens after I try to lauch the LocationFree player.

Can I get some help on this? Much appreciate it! I love the locationfree player but everytime I have to switch between Devhook 2.71 and the 340OE is a pain. Thanks!!!

IndianCheese
June 30th, 2007, 03:51
I forgot to mention this in the app--you MUST use the "free flash space" option (X button) BEFORE you use the LocationFree installer.

BTW, if you are new to the PSP Scene, welcome!

vengefullfoot
July 12th, 2007, 23:03
I have the same problem than forrestsun. But freeing space before is changing nothing, clicking on locationfree player still do nothing ...

I'm new to psp, so I may have missed something .. maybe a reset ?