PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed With PS1P-Alpha

Disney26
June 29th, 2007, 04:24
As Ive said on my last few posts, Im fairly new to this PSP Emulation thing, so be kind

I just downloaded PS1P - Alpha after getting 3.40 OE-A Working on my PSP and have a few questions about getting it set up.

1.) The download consists of two EBOOT.PBP files in two seperate folders. After putting these two folders in "GAME" and trying to run the program, I got a "The game could not be started" error message. Im wondering whether I didnt install it right, Im missing some sort of "Eloader"//Loader Program, or I need to download some other files.

2.) Once I get this thing working, where is a good place to get ROMS? (Im mainly looking for FFVII)

3.) Ive seen ISO's and this thing called a "BIOS." Im pretty sure ISO's are the ROM files, but I have no idea what a BIOS is. As I said.... this is all new to me

Basically, Im trying to get Final Fantasy VII on my PSP. So any method of doing so would help me out a lot :thumbup:

cptwaggawagga
June 29th, 2007, 04:31
If u have 3.40 oe then you dont need PS1P.. 3.40 oe has a built in Ps1 emulator

Disney26
June 29th, 2007, 04:33
Well then my next question would be where to get ROMs and how to get them to work.

As in, wheres a good website, what files do I need, and where do I copy them when installing?

Saracchini
June 29th, 2007, 04:36
1)You must put then in GAME150 folder, not GAME
2)Dont ask for ROMs/ISOs here... itīs forbbiden here. Download ISOS of games wich you dont own is illegal.
3)BIOS are necessary to run the ISOS

And in firmware 3.40 OE-A you dont need an PS1 emulator because there one built in the firmware. You can use the programs like Autopopstation4 to convert PS1 CDs in PSP games... once you converted the CD just put it in GAME folder.

Disney26
June 29th, 2007, 04:38
kk, thanks a lot