PDA

View Full Version : PSPComic v0.9.8

wraggster
June 29th, 2007, 16:13
News/release from Archaemic (http://archaemic.awardspace.com/psp/)

I'm sure you all remember my program, PSPComic, for reading comic books on the PSP. Took long enough to release this latest version, didn't I? This version has lots of slow stuff in it! Yay!

Changelog:

v0.9.8 Beta (2007-06-28)
- [Feature] Menu now shows name and current page of opened comic book
- [Feature] When zooming, the image is centered on the same place, instead of resetting to one of the corners
- [Feature] Added full view mode
- [Feature] Added option to load bookmark upon loading comic book
- [Feature] Alpha-transparent PNGs now display properly
- [Feature] The comics folder is now created if it is not initially present
- [Feature] Jump to page menu now shows the names of the pages
- [Feature] Really glitchy precaching. Use at your own risk! It must be enabled manually by editing the config.xml file
- [Feature] Zoom box. Hold Triangle to activate a box that shows a zoomed in region of the page. Very slow currently
- [Feature] Holding a button for several seconds now cancels the action before it is taken
- [Feature] Battery meter now refreshes every couple dozen seconds instead of just when a different option is selected
- Fixed several bugs relating to zooming
- Sped up resampling
- The menu no longer shows the open comic book in the background. This is to save memory.
- Scrolling menus no longer flicker
- Some other stuff I forgot
- And many more minor changes...

[B]Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Deathnix
June 29th, 2007, 18:11
Does this support .cbr?

maxipower90
June 29th, 2007, 18:20
anyone know were to get comics.

jak66
June 29th, 2007, 18:28
Does this support .cbr?

i think supported file types are, zip, rar, cbz and cbr
EDIT: v0.9.7 beta fixed a bug reguarding rar and cbr files, so i can only guess that cbr is supported

anyone know were to get comics.

you know people are just gonna go 'try here (http://www.google.com)'

maxipower90
June 29th, 2007, 19:20
haha not funny, im not lazy, i already tried, but i havent a clue what the files will look like or anything.

jak66
June 29th, 2007, 19:29
haha not funny, im not lazy, i already tried, but i havent a clue what the files will look like or anything.

just warning you that what people will say

basically, any archive i mentioned above will work, and i think its png and jpg files inside those archives it reads (not to sure about other image formats)

Deathnix
June 29th, 2007, 22:35
i think supported file types are, zip, rar, cbz and cbr
EDIT: v0.9.7 beta fixed a bug reguarding rar and cbr files, so i can only guess that cbr is supported

you know people are just gonna go 'try here (http://www.google.com)'

Awesome, cheers mate!
Downloading now.

And guy who wants comics.
If you own the original comic, you can easily find them online by searching "*Name of comic and number* torrent".
If you don't own original, GTFO!

Buddy4point0
June 29th, 2007, 22:44
it finally stays in the same place when zooming!!! that was so anoying before. that alone will make me update mine lol. thanks for the update dudes

cypressice
June 29th, 2007, 23:20
Hell yeah this sounds badass gonna check it out after work

Zombo
June 30th, 2007, 13:03
Anyone know the best settings? :|

gelon
June 30th, 2007, 13:29
Anyone know the best settings? :|

"change resize method to resample (slower, smother)"

Its a bit slow but you can read comics perfectly (except the two pages one but then you can use the zoom "select")

Zombo
June 30th, 2007, 17:39
I tried that but the pages still look blocky. :\
Also the pages load from the lower Left hand corner.

Coldpt
May 18th, 2009, 17:08
Ok, i have CFW 5.00 M33-4, i downloaded the files, put the three files (pspcomic and pspcomic%) in game150 folder, created a "comics" folder on the... uhm... "main place" (before psp folder) and when i try to use the program, it shows 2 corrupted files and the psp comic beta, i try to use the program and i get the "80020148" error! What am i doing wrong?

PS- Sorry for my lack of knowledge aka noob! :)

jack2
September 24th, 2012, 13:45
where do i download it?

wraggster
September 24th, 2012, 14:38
just reuploaded it, our downloads went down when we were hacked and im adding them back when i see people after them :)