PDA

View Full Version : How to use Address Look up and Reverse

PAPALLW
June 29th, 2007, 17:12
Are those two fountion same to GMDL's directions?
When I use address look up, it always show GPS cannot find the address even relax search. :mad:

deniska
June 30th, 2007, 07:23
did you create and copy the geodata.dat file for the area in question? BTW, the data is only available for US and some parts of Canada...

DogRed9
June 30th, 2007, 07:27
For me, reverse address lookup only finds one address on my street (at least 10 houses), and when I try to do the address lookup, it cant find my house... and its been here since the '40s so........

MIB.42
June 30th, 2007, 22:33
For me, reverse address lookup only finds one address on my street (at least 10 houses), and when I try to do the address lookup, it cant find my house... and its been here since the '40s so........

When I wrote the relaxed search, I spent hours and hours analyzing different geodatas. I thought I solved it... How naive of me... :rofl: But seriously, can you send me the geodata and the address you are looking for? You can post the geodata here and PM me the address. I'll look into why it doesn't find it and modify relaxed search to be even more "relaxed"...

btw, maybe we should rename this to something else... "Relaxed" might no really convey that it is searching by relaxing the constraints at every sequencial steps... Maybe "wide search" or "flexible search"?

PAPALLW
July 12th, 2007, 08:49
did you create and copy the geodata.dat file for the area in question? BTW, the data is only available for US and some parts of Canada...

I DID CREAT THE GEODATO.DAT WHEN I DOWNLOADED THE MAP. AND THIS FILE WAS AUTOMATIC IN THE MAP FOLDER. I AM IN TORONTO. DO U THINK I CAN USE THAT DEODATA?