PDA

View Full Version : UK PSP Firmware 3.51 Released

wraggster
June 29th, 2007, 20:12
The japanese had it earlier today and now the UK has the new firmware with one new thing:

Security

A patch has been added to address security vulnerability in the system software.

Any bets its to do with the Lumines hack from a few days back. :D

Needless to say anyone who wants homebrew on their PSPs dont touch it with a bargepole.

More Info (http://uk.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item69770/Update-features-(ver-3-51)/)

gunntims0103
June 29th, 2007, 20:24
lol, Sony is just to funny for me to take them seriously anymore.

Hiei311
June 29th, 2007, 20:25
the downgrader was on g4 lol

Hiei311
June 29th, 2007, 20:25

cozy
June 29th, 2007, 20:26
$ony has updated the firmware to show the software companies that they are trying something to stop piracy!!! They don`t care as long as the psp console sells $$$$$$

Shrygue
June 29th, 2007, 20:32
Firmware version 3.51, hmmm.... well if it's just a security patch for 3.50, the it's almost like the 1.51 one that patched the KXploit in 1.50.

Veskgar
June 29th, 2007, 20:35

Are you serious? What show? Or did they write about it on their website somewhere? Does anyone know of any other media attention the new downgrader has received? I like collecting articles and publicity regarding PSP homebrew. Its a constant reminder of how much of an impact the PSP homebrew community has and how big we have become.

$ony has updated the firmware to show the software companies that they are trying something to stop piracy!!! They don`t care as long as the psp console sells $$$$$$

That is a good argument. A lot of copies of Lumines have been sold over the past week and I'm sure there was or will be a spike in PSP purchases as well.

Gotta snatch all the downgradable PSP's before SONY starts sending stores 3.51 PSP's.

Solidsnake3000
June 29th, 2007, 21:00
so is that it just a security update well i think sony is starting to slip

tvrstl
June 29th, 2007, 21:58
For the ones who needs to get everything in with a Tea Spoon, Do not update!!

and for the newbies who reads this Post!!

nothing good with this Firmware right now!!

can't be Downgraded, and as for my self, now I have to shut up, because I talk to much!

Buddy4point0
June 29th, 2007, 22:22
i downgraded my friends 3.50 yesterday so im glad he didnt find this because he gave me 20 bucks for "hacking his psp" lol

cypressice
June 29th, 2007, 23:15
seriously nothing more added then security?
i know they don't want there stuff pirated but come on there is no better reason to own a psp than homebrew.

Cokemusic
June 29th, 2007, 23:18
I'm buying a PSP next week friday ( WOOT) I was wondering do you think Sony would have got the dreaded 1.5 PSP's in Argos and other high street stores by then.

I'm in the UK BTW so things don't move as fast as they would in the US.

Sketchy
June 29th, 2007, 23:43
I'm buying a PSP next week friday ( WOOT) I was wondering do you think Sony would have got the dreaded 1.5 PSP's in Argos and other high street stores by then.

I'm in the UK BTW so things don't move as fast as they would in the US.

Hey dude, wot did ya mean by 'dreaded 1.5 psp's'? 1.5 psp's are the best place to start for hombrew :thumbup: . Anyways incase u were actually asking if the 3.51 (No HB) psp's would be in then, no its very unlikely - my friend bought a brand new one from Gamestation 3 days ago, FW was 3.03!! (HB Able)

Hope that clears that up :D

Cokemusic
June 29th, 2007, 23:45
3.51 I'm kinda tired right now , I'm lucky my PSP didn't electric me while I was using it , i'd deserve it for putting dreaded and 1.5 in the same sentence.

Thanx for the info tho.

Boopop
June 30th, 2007, 00:13
I think by now it's clear sony will never win in trying to stop homebrew or/and piracy.

Think of all those psps that have been upto now, all of which can be downgraded.

steve520
June 30th, 2007, 00:17
I laugh at you sony!!!!! Muhahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

devmas
June 30th, 2007, 00:52
Hmm.... just a tad off-topic... I remember they also showed the 2.0 downgrader on G4... they actually downgraded the PSP live on the show, if I can remember correctly.

Wow, those were days ago... when the 2.0 downgrader created so much hype... I think it was actually the first successful downgrader on a PSP ever.

Now, we are in the future, with Sony working their brains out trying to put a stop to the constant downgraders since then.

UltimaDude
June 30th, 2007, 13:12
Now, we are in the future, with Sony working their brains out trying to put a stop to the constant downgraders since then.
Sony will never suceed, this is like the Dreamcast, and SEGA trying to stop Piracy and homebrew except EU never got the fix :)

Anyway, there will always be bugs that allow unsigned code, Sony will probably give up if they realise that.
I doubt they will though.

Boopop
June 30th, 2007, 13:27
If they don't we can just point and laugh

Khorney
June 30th, 2007, 15:03
perhaps we shouldn't publisize it so massively like "OMG LUMINNNES !!!111111!! THAT IS HOW YOU DO THE HACK" and just leave the instructions in the downgrader, therefore making it that little bit harder to find out where the exploit is and delaying annyoing patches like this

parkermauney
June 30th, 2007, 15:43
YES!! 3.51, W00T! Thanks sony, dling now!

/sarcasm

xg917
July 1st, 2007, 00:08
Gotta snatch all the downgradable PSP's before SONY starts sending stores 3.51 PSP's.

notice: all the psps that are in stores where i live are 2.71 psp. i dont think they are going to send any higher versions for a LONG TIME.

mcdougall57
July 1st, 2007, 00:41
probably just another failed attempt to patch a game exploit much like gta

j00g0t0wnd
July 2nd, 2007, 02:47
Hello. I have 3.50. Is it possible for me to downgrade to a homebrewable version?

fletcher1313
July 6th, 2007, 23:02
why dont the sony prats just work with homebrew and make some cash

Cokemusic
July 6th, 2007, 23:29
Because they believe they'll loose more cash in the proccess.