PDA

View Full Version : TI-83 emulator for the GBA released

DanTheManMS
June 29th, 2007, 21:21
New release from Dwedit (http://www.dwedit.org/dwedit_board/viewtopic.php?id=292), proving that GBA development isn't quite as dead as it may appear:

I'll release an extremely early build just to get feedback.
Yes, this is extremely early. Does not support sending programs to emulator, or savestates. Only emulates a TI83.

How to use:
* First append a TI83 rom image to the end of the .gba file, using something like copy /b ti83emu.gba + ti83.rom ti83emu_rom.gba
Keys:
SELECT: Toggle keyboard overlay
Keys (keyboard visible)
* Arrows: Move cursor
* (right now cursor is not displayed over arrow keys, just move it away a few times)
* A: Press that key
* B: Quick Keys
* Start: ENTER
* L: Alpha
* R: 2nd
Quick Keys: (Hold down B while keyboard visible)
* A: ENTER
* Arrow Keys: Arrow Keys
* (other keys same as keyboard visible)
Fullscreen Keys:
* Arrows: Arrows
* A: 2nd
* B: Alpha

New version...
Has a Link Feature.
Append the TI83 ROM, then append a single .83g file.
Press L+R in fullscreen mode to send the attached 83g file. (uses silent linking, calc must be on and at homescreen)

I have also attached a batch script I made for those who aren't familiar with the command-line. To use, rename your TI-83 rom file to ti83.rom and run the batch file to create "ti83emu_final.gba". If it finds any *.83G files in the directory, it will create compilations for those as well, one per 83G file.

Dwedit is planning to port it to the DS as well.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

XDelusion
June 30th, 2007, 01:08
Cool, I'll have to check this out, I hope it loads roms or what ever because I have a Super Mario Clone for this that I've been dying to check out! :)

TeenDev
June 30th, 2007, 01:54
I wonder if this will work with my TI-84+...

It's nice to see that Dwedit is getting back to some coding. Maybe he will port those emus such as Goomba, PocketNES,SMSAdvance, etc. to NDS from that one compiler that few people have...

Commander147
June 30th, 2007, 16:58
Works great for ti-83 emulation wonder if it will work any of the later ti calculators

mcdougall57
June 30th, 2007, 19:25
lol dont know half of these emulated machines

Tripsk8er333
July 2nd, 2007, 08:05
WOW, this is awsome I can't wait for the .nds version. do you think you could make it DLDI? that would be so cool.

!! GREAT Work !! :)