PDA

View Full Version : God of War: Chains of Olympus delayed to 2008

DarthPaul
June 29th, 2007, 23:34
Yes,you heard right. Sadly,the game God of War: Chains of Olympus has been delayed back to the 2008 as announced recently by Ready at Dawn.
But no worries,we still have the demo coming this September. :)

Via PSPOnly (http://www.psponly.nl/nieuwsitem.php?nid=3643)

pibs
June 29th, 2007, 23:43
yea ebgames has the release date for January 22

steve520
June 30th, 2007, 00:05
Damn that sucks at least the demo will be i will still be able to download the demo.

Airdevil
June 30th, 2007, 16:19
Damn that sucks at least the demo will be i will still be able to download the demo.

The demo is a UMD one if im mistaken.

I duno if an iso will be ripped and released ( i duno if demo isos are legal to talk about here :confused: )

I want to play this game badly!

Buddy4point0
June 30th, 2007, 17:23
m acually extreamily glad the delayed it. and i know why too. my gess is that they delayed it because they were saying that if they could clock to psp to 333 mhz then it would be just like programing for the ps2 and it would be a better game. so now that sony has offically unlocked 333 mhz, there adding in tons more stuff to make it much visually better, and run it at 333 mhz. im almost possitive im right with this

nomi
June 30th, 2007, 17:41
Gr8 if buddy is right... though im still sad that it wont be comming out sooner!

Veskgar
June 30th, 2007, 17:57
Well finally people are starting to realize that it is better to take your time and get it right the first time when it comes to game design.

Too many PSP games feel rushed or are just way under par for what the PSP is capable of. I'd rather wait longer to play a fantastic game than to have it sooner and be disappointed. Besides, this is God of War we are talking about. There is too much at stake to not make it perfect.

With a delay this significant, I think we can count on this game being one of the PSP's biggest "killer app" titles. A lot of people will be getting PSP's for Christmas in anticipation for this game.

Its always been true since the original Playstation that the platform get better with age. The PSP is no exception. It would be nice if SONY releases a better internal battery at some point since games will start running at 333 MHz in the not too distant future. Or at least start packing the STAMINA batteries in with the CORE PSP packages.

There were times when I was worried about the future of the PSP but those worries are gone. I think even the harshest critics of the PSP who have been holding out on purchasing one will eventually pick one up sooner or later.

The PSP has gotten a bad reputation for having mostly "shoddy PS2 ports" and we all know the PSP is better than that. Now its time for developers to actually deliver.

This game will be another game that sets the bar higher when it comes to development on the PSP. When you see stellar games like Wipeout, Syphon Filter, Daxter, Ratchet, and many others, you know the PSP is a remarkable little device. However, on the flip side to that, when you play the many games that just plain suck or are just OK, its a real punch-to-the-gut feeling that the PSP deserves better. And most importantly, the consumers who buy PSP games deserve the best if you want our dollars spent.

SO again, I think this game will be huge and I applaud the developers for their dedication to detail and perfection.

JKKDARK
June 30th, 2007, 17:59
That's not very good. The PSP need great titles soon!

mcdougall57
June 30th, 2007, 19:20
ill of probably of forgotten about it by then, right now im waiting for the magnificent 3 to hit the wii (ssbb,metroid prime 3,mario galaxy)

DarthPaul
June 30th, 2007, 21:07
It will be running at 333mhz officialy,it has been said. And now I want it more than ever!

Saracchini
June 30th, 2007, 23:38
And of course it will come with another firmware update.
And again some friends will jump from custom fw to an official one only to play one game ...

brunobelo
July 2nd, 2007, 04:16
Another "Gran Turismo" story... Gran Turismo was promised to be released long time ago. Damn sony!