PDA

View Full Version : Super Mini Mario mod help (different)

Safari Al
June 30th, 2007, 19:36
I did solve the sfx thing if anyone wants to know how. I am close to releasing it but i just need to make 7 more levels and solve my problem. My problem is that i want to change it so that i can change "mario' to what i want and "coins" to what i want. I also want to change the eboot to read from the directory of SMY istead of SMM.

This is what i found and tried to change when i put the eboot in wordpad.

ms0:/PSP/GAME/SMM/LEVELS/smm_level_XXX.txt X&,&,&,&,&,&,&,&,&`+,&(,&,&(,&,&,&,&,&,&,&,&@)h),&),&),&,&)*,&,&,&d%,&d%,&,&&,&,&&,',&,&T''',&(,&,&,&,&,&,&,&,&,&,&d(,&,&,&,&(,&,&,&,&T*,&,&p*,&,&,&,&*,&++ @
? @ A > @A D,G @Super Mini Mario Level: Get Ready! Game Finished Game Over Score Lives Level Remaining Find Exit! Total Coins Pause Not Enough Coins Exit Callback update_thread Reading Data Patience, This Could Take A While... ms0:/PSP/GAME/SMM/GFX/smm_gfx.bmp ms0:/PSP/GAME/SMM/GFX/smm_bkg.bmp ms0:/PSP/GAME/SMM/MUSIC/smm_mus.mod ms0:/PSP/GAME/SMM/SFX/jump.mp3 ms0:/PSP/GAME/SMM/SFX/break.wav ms0:/PSP/GAME/SMM/SFX/bump.wav ms0:/PSP/GAME/SMM/SFX/coin.wav ms0:/PSP/GAME/SMYMSFX/pause.wav ms0:/PSP/GAME/SMM/SFX/die.wav audiot0 pow ? G ? @? CL> ? ?  `G?D]
T> пUUUUUU?+eG @CNEJ(~?eɓJ?A`t?M&QUU?o۶m?33333? @ ?[/>: ? u <7~+eG<Yn C.?9B.?9l a\ Фri7f>kA>,%jV?lf?>UUUUU?  0C 0 PC <C __PSP_STDIO block /
I treid to change mario and SMM and when i did it just froze when it loaded. I know this is possible because Maxime (Mini sonic) did it.

parkermauney
June 30th, 2007, 19:56
Editing a binary file with a text editor and saving it will usually result in corruption.

To replace mario/coins, just get the sprites and replace the ones in the GFX folder.

Safari Al
July 1st, 2007, 00:21
I just mean the words not the gfx. I tried to change mario to jim(random) and it just froze. I used a hex editor. what else do i have to edit to get it to not freeze when i change that?

dangee
July 1st, 2007, 16:38
good to hear u fixed the SFX- can u post
the good WAV settings . td be useful
to know for reliable in~game sounds.
-changing MARIO : pad replacement with nbsp to 5 chars?
-change /SMM: cant u find the dirString with the hex editor?

Safari Al
July 1st, 2007, 18:36
The wav seetings were found by Maxime and on Goldwave audio editor. They were Wave PCM unsigned 8 bit mono. I just opened up the wav file and saved as and changed the attributes to PCM unsigned 8 bit mono.

As for changing SMM and Mario. Found them in the hex editor changed them to what i needed and replaced them. It still froze. Right now i'm trying to change Mario to Yoshi and coins to eggs and SMM to SMY. If you go to offset 0000C78C in the original eboot that's where it's found. I'm using Hexworkshop, so it shows the text on the right side of the screen.

dangee
July 1st, 2007, 19:14
thanx for the wav settings.
only thng I can think of on string replacement
is there may be an anti-mod checksum built into the original source.
v. tough to work round if so

Safari Al
July 1st, 2007, 19:42
don't think so here's maxime's site (http://smmedits.free.fr/). Read release note v4.

dangee
July 2nd, 2007, 10:51
hmm, see what you mean .
does it freeze with a minimal (1 char) change?
eg. hex edit 'MARIO' to 'WARIO' , leave all else as original.

Safari Al
July 2nd, 2007, 12:38
k i'll try that.
Edit:
Wow it worked! and when i changed anything it worked. Don't know what i was doing the first time though. Oh well it works now! I only have one more question. I need to get a new .mod song and can't find one. oes anyone know where i can get a yoshi one? Thanks for all ur help dangee, you'll be credited.

dangee
July 2nd, 2007, 16:03
pleasure, playing sonic agains a great reward.
RU gonna post ur mod?

Safari Al
July 2nd, 2007, 19:50
Oh man i think i must've confused you. I am making a mod that is for Yoshi not Sonic. Maxime (smmedits.free.fr) already made a sonic one. I'll be releasing it once i'm done with the levels. Hope you like yoshi too.

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2889/snap0004xp2.png

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9453/snap0005be0.png

parkermauney
July 2nd, 2007, 20:29
Wow, it looks really good.

I'll have to try.

Safari Al
July 2nd, 2007, 22:03
Sadly just a mod. I'm gonna try to learn lua though.