PDA

View Full Version : 3.40 OE-A FFVII Glitches

Zhaden
June 30th, 2007, 21:09
When i play ffvii on my psp if i use Aeris's Seal Evil attack the game glitches up, recently when i was fighting and a monster used silence the game was still playable (and i use that very loosely) but the whole screen was distorted. Is this a problem because of 3.40 OE-A? If so would it help to go to an earlier version? (If anyone has a list of what messes up the game that would be helpful to :D ) Thanks in advance.

mcdougall57
July 1st, 2007, 00:37
i have the same problem in that train place and shinra tower when green bands come down the screen and it slows down any1 plz help me 2

titch.ryan
July 3rd, 2007, 15:28
i have a glitch whenever an enemy uses stone stare.

its just a problem with the emulation i think.

punkonjunk
July 4th, 2007, 21:44
This appears to be a very common problem, my friend has the same one. WE haven't tried it yet, but we've read that downgrading to 3.03 OE-C will fix the problem. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

cataphrax
July 7th, 2007, 03:13
Yeah i have that problem but there is a simpler way to fix it. *gasp* just don't use Aeris *spoiler for those of you who for some reason don't know* she dies anyway. *end of spoiler*.

I've run into the same problem with one or two other enemies attacks and simply avoided those particular enemies or killed them fast. It is quite annoying but i don't think it merits a downgrade.

cha0ticbliss
July 7th, 2007, 14:39
Yea, 3.03 OE's Emu is the best for it. I havent frozen up once yet.

jak66
July 7th, 2007, 15:23
hmmm, i think changing the game idea may help, in a thread over at maxconsole people said using the biohazard 2 game id (might have been a different one but i cannot remember) fixed the problems in ff8, might work with ff7 as well

cha0ticbliss
July 9th, 2007, 05:25
there are plugins that allow you to run the 3.03 emulator on higher firmwares. I did it before, but then i started xmb customization so I went to 3.03 anyway.

I remember I had to dump some files and such from 3.03 then put them in the plugins folder or something. Then you can activate it from recovery.

Check psp hack's forums if interested...