PDA

View Full Version : Car smashed into airport!

mat_dizzy
June 30th, 2007, 21:52
http://m.gmgrd.co.uk/res/281.$plit/C_71_article_1010338_image_list_image_list_item_0_ image.jpg http://www.edmontonsun.com/News/World/2007/06/30/BRITAIN.jpg

A blazing car has been crashed into the main terminal building at Glasgow Airport.

It has been reported that a Cherokee Jeep with two men of Asian appearance were in the car when it smashed into the front of the airport.

One of the men then emerged from the car on fire and was restrained and put out with fire extinguishers. Reports say two people have been arrested by police.

Emergency services are on the scene and roads around the airport have been shut off with flights in and out of Glasgow suspended until further notice.

The incident came a day after two car bomb attacks were foiled in central London.

A police spokeswoman said: "Strathclyde Police would like to reassure the public that it is unknown at present if this is connected with the incidents in London as inquiries are at an early stage."

She added: "However, we would ask the public to remain vigilant and to report any suspicious activity to the police."

An eyewitness, Fiona Tardy said: "I was standing next to departures, I heard a great big massive bang, and then all the folk from departures were running through arrivals.

"A Land Rover or jeep had driven into the departure lounge. It was on fire, and every now and again there was a bang coming off it," she added.

A spokesman for the British Airport Authority said: "At 15.11pm today a vehicle drove into a front door at the check-in area of Glasgow Airport's terminal building.

"The vehicle caught fire on impact with the building and is currently outside the terminal building. A police investigation is under way and emergency crews are at the scene."

Passengers are being advised not to travel to the airport until further notice, as all flight are suspended.

Meanwhile, Downing Street have announced that Prime Minister Gordon Brown will chair a meeting of the Government's Cobra emergency contingencies committee later to discuss the incident.

ITV News wants to hear from you if you witnessed the explosion at Glasgow Airport and see your pictures and videos.

mcdougall57
July 1st, 2007, 00:33
looks like a febal terrorist attack to me

ExcruciationX
July 1st, 2007, 05:52
Damn terrorists.

Slade
July 1st, 2007, 07:17
I'm seeing this on the main page...but what does it have to do with anything related to gaming?

JKKDARK
July 1st, 2007, 07:40
I'm seeing this on the main page...but what does it have to do with anything related to gaming?

It was posted in the DCEmu Blog, which is for off-topic news.

VampDude
July 1st, 2007, 13:51
It has been reported that a Cherokee Jeep with two men of Asian appearance were in the car when it smashed into the front of the airport.

That says it all, it's always Asian people!

mat_dizzy
July 1st, 2007, 17:24
That says it all, it's always Asian people!

Dude, thats really racist :eek: How the bloody hell is it always asian people you nazi? people are themselves and that doesent mean asians are all terroists! I think you owe an apoligy to the asians who visit this website and plus to the people who hate racism!

Sonicboy 101
July 1st, 2007, 18:07
Hmm, I heard about this on the news...

VampDude
July 1st, 2007, 21:40
Dude, thats really racist :eek: How the bloody hell is it always asian people you nazi? people are themselves and that doesent mean asians are all terroists! I think you owe an apoligy to the asians who visit this website and plus to the people who hate racism!

Why is that RACIST??? And why am I a Nazi?

On news sites and on the news it always says that it's either Arabic people or Asians attacking or planning attacks!

My girlfriends dad is Asian (she's half), and she doesn't see me as RACIST...

...So STFU ASSCLOWN, cause she says the same as me!

Triv1um
July 1st, 2007, 22:00

It was a harsh comment but unfortunately true in most cases.