PDA

View Full Version : The legend passing on 3.50oe and starting 3.51oe instead

froggie22
July 1st, 2007, 04:32
Source: pspgen (http://www.pspgen.com)

"MathieuLH has just taught custom that the 3.50OE will never Be done because, in fact, Dark_Alex will directly build its custom firmware in version 3.51OE.

For regulars visitors, it is not surprised, because Dark_Alex always sort to offer the closest version to the last official firmware in date.

Soon, all the fans of Custom Fimrware, who we are, could Be At the same level as the official PSP."

Link translated to english (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.pspgen.com/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpspgen%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D)

iniquitous_beast
July 1st, 2007, 05:46
That shouldn't take him much longer anyway. The only real difference between 3.50 and 3.51 is the patch to prevent the Illuminati exploit. At least, I assume that is the only difference.

DarthPaul
July 1st, 2007, 06:32
Dang,I was gonna post this now. :D
Thanks for the news though froggie.

Hmm,I hope this firmware is bugless! Or at least if it has less bugs than 3.40 OE..
I love to have the latest official firmware hacked!

steve520
July 1st, 2007, 07:13
Can't wait Dark_Alex rules!!!!!!!!!

Buddy4point0
July 1st, 2007, 07:31
i really hope this firmware fixes the wallpaper bug in 3.40 oe. are you all getting it too? like where if you put on a wallpaper and then run an iso your settings get messed up

DarthPaul
July 1st, 2007, 07:37
i really hope this firmware fixes the wallpaper bug in 3.40 oe. are you all getting it too? like where if you put on a wallpaper and then run an iso your settings get messed up

Whaat? I'm not having that problem :confused:
Did you try reinstalling it? Or using a "Flash Cleaner"?

CaptainMorgan4
July 1st, 2007, 08:03
It's just funny they launched a new firmware and now it shows how arogant we are, we have the latest firmware OE'd!

--for me fellow smokers did you read that wrong the first time?

Heero808
July 1st, 2007, 08:13
No longer of being ridiculed for having custom firmware not being to the latest firmware

Gene
July 1st, 2007, 08:50

You could just use the UMD if the iso screws things up.

All of my UMDs work fine. And i don't have iso's so i wouldn't know about that problem. But definately try using the UMD and it should run fine. If not, post your settings and we'll work out the problem. Good luck.

gannon730
July 1st, 2007, 10:42
man we need an update
cm on lol na jokes as long as it works i always say

urherenow
July 1st, 2007, 11:05
why do 'we' need an update? There have been no compatability changes or real progress made on .50 OR .51 as far as I can tell. They are just security fixes. I am finding som bugs with the 8GB memory cards though. So far, a certain type of program that I apparantly can't talk about on this site, doesn't work with the 8GB, filer doesn't work with it, and I haven't tested with a 4GB yet to make sure (I'll do it in the morning) but I think dedalus r12 won't work either. It's well worth waiting for if that is fixed but I really doubt it. Just relax and play a few games while we're waiting :p

Veskgar
July 1st, 2007, 12:08
I had a feeling Dark_AleX would go with 3.51. He seems to get more fulfillment by being tied with SONY, lol.

As soon as I spotted 3.51 I posted about wanting it decrypted and people were all like who cares, why bother, etc. etc.

Well, personally I care and I like having the latest. Dark_AleX runs the show. If he and others helping him want to put the time and effort into 3.51, who are we to object? Come on, you guys don't want that useless "coming soon" icon for the Playstation Store that SONY threw in to disguise the Lumines patch? LOL

I am very much looking forward to 3.51 OE and I thank Dark_AleX & his partners in advance for all of their work.

Hmm,I hope this firmware is bugless! Or at least if it has less bugs than 3.40 OE..
I love to have the latest official firmware hacked!

What bugs are in 3.40 OE-A? The only thing I noticed is that when I get ready to select the backup of Dungeon Maker, the PIC0 screen is garbled and you can't make it out. I don't know if that is a custom firmware thing or not, but the UMD seems fine. But it would be good to know what bugs are present.

-Xandu-
July 1st, 2007, 12:14
So they patched the exploit, now they're working on an ISO loader?

mike03$$$
July 1st, 2007, 15:10
This sounds good dark alex is always tryin to top sony which he does all the time

24grams
July 1st, 2007, 15:38
Erm hi, i know it may seem that i'm new here (technically i am) but i have been resgistered here for quite some time now ... #anyway does anyone know why my psx iso are no longer working on my PSP? I have 3.40 oe-a but my popsation is the same from 3.02 oe-b is this the problem i wonder?

Lodis
July 1st, 2007, 15:57
So they patched the exploit, now they're working on an ISO loader?

I have been reading some very interesting news regarding a .prx found in 3.50 firmware that suggests Sony have included the ability to load official games downloaded to your Memory stick.

Apparently a prx called np660.prx http://moonlight.lan.st/3.50/kd/np9660.html was discovered and is a module with the sole use of loading encrypted game images. Perhaps Sony are looking to give their customers the option to purchase games much in the way that we can purchase downloadable Psx games from their store.

-Xandu-
July 1st, 2007, 16:16
Perhaps Sony are looking to give their customers the option to purchase games much in the way that we can purchase downloadable Psx games from their store.

That will not happen, Sony won't give up UMDs and allow you to purchase UMD images and play them on your MS.

It's likely to be something PSX related and not PSP ISO related.

mnuhaily22
July 1st, 2007, 16:59
That will not happen, Sony won't give up UMDs and allow you to purchase UMD images and play them on your MS.

I gotta agree with you Xandu...

Cloudhunter
July 1st, 2007, 17:13

Actually... It's been known that they've been planning this for a long time, ever since they let slip on the PSP website that they were going to offer a game for download :p

Mathieulh and Dark_AleX have confirmed that it isn't PS1 related. It is DEFINITELY UMD related :) besides... Look at the docs yourself. There are defineitly UMD functions.

All it needs now is for Dark_AleX and Mathieulh to crack it so it can be used as a different NO-UMD emulator :)

Cloudy

xg917
July 1st, 2007, 17:51
even though there is nothing new i am gona update to 3.51 OE once its out because i have been on 3.03 OE C all this time.

Buddy4point0
July 1st, 2007, 17:56
even though there is nothing new i am gona update to 3.51 OE once its out because i have been on 3.03 OE C all this time.

theres been alot of new stuff from 3.03 to 3.51
just not from 3.50 to 3.51

-Xandu-
July 1st, 2007, 18:11
Actually... It's been known that they've been planning this for a long time, ever since they let slip on the PSP website that they were going to offer a game for download :p

Mathieulh and Dark_AleX have confirmed that it isn't PS1 related. It is DEFINITELY UMD related :) besides... Look at the docs yourself. There are defineitly UMD functions.

All it needs now is for Dark_AleX and Mathieulh to crack it so it can be used as a different NO-UMD emulator :)

Cloudy

Yeah but why? Well we already have "NO-UMD" loading on custom firmwares, right? Besides, the UMD Image is 1GB~ (Without ripping), you'll hardly have more than 2 UMD images on your MemoryStick, so I highly doubt it's a NO-UMD thing.
You might be right though, Sony might have something up their sleeve ;).

YourStillWithMe
July 1st, 2007, 18:56
I seriously do not see the need for the OE firmwares that much anymore. I WILL download it because its a nice little update. Seriously though, us PSP users have all we need. SNES, NES, PS1, Sega Genesis and Gamegear, Gameboy Advance, Atari, etc etc. I say that if he does intend on skipping to 3.50oe I think it would be a stupid idea for one reason and one only.

We cant use the 3.50 exploit with Lumines SAFELY. I think that it would be a good idea to release an OE with recovery for 3.50 but also the intended 3.51 version as well because programmers could fool around with it and develop launchers for the 3.50 users who are scared to downgrade their psp's. With 3.51Open edition----We lose that.

And besides, what is new with 3.51 anyway? Nothing. (ooooo a Security patch, F that.)

I hate to be the Devils Advocate, but isn't that just my role?

Yours truly :-)

mcdougall57
July 1st, 2007, 19:48
yeah it shouldnt be too much harder since the only difference is the security patch

urherenow
July 1st, 2007, 19:50
"And besides, what is new with 3.51 anyway?"

I think we just covered that. Some UMD emulator from Sony is new in it. If it's cracked, that could mean 100% no-UMD compatability. Sure most things work now but not everything.
Anyway I confirmed what I said in my last post. Daedalus won't work on an 8GB memory card. Why? My theory is that homebrew is loaded using the 1.5 kernel and I guess the kernel itself is what makes the newer firmwares recognise >4GB.

is there any way around this or are we forever limited to 4GB with homebrew?

mcdougall57
July 1st, 2007, 20:04
is there any way around this or are we forever limited to 4GB with homebrew?

try using the 3.40 oe kernel in the recovery mode

Sketchy
July 1st, 2007, 20:22
this is cool, homebrewers yet again at the latest hacked firmeware :D

*Side Note*
Does ANYONE know where i can get the 3.50 FW Update (EU Version) cant find it anywhere!!!!!

Help wud be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

carlitx
July 1st, 2007, 21:46
DAX = God in PSP land lol, cause he is super awsom fantasico macho kool guy :P