PDA

View Full Version : 3.51OE will feature... an ISO loader made by Sony!

240-185
July 1st, 2007, 08:21
http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=4292&mode=&order=0&thold=0

From pspgen:

News for english readers:

MathieuLH explain, on devSgen.com that firmwares 3.50 et 3.51 have an ISO loader made by Sony on board. Strange but is it really a surprise ?

Mathieulh says that since 3.50 Sony left us a nice prx called np9660.prx, this module is no more than an iso loader meant to load encrypted isos from memory stick ( take a look here : http://moonlight.lan.st/3.50/kd/np9660.html ).
Also Sony have started to use flash3 and game_plugin seems to look for binaries from there ( bigger flash anyone ? xD )

The real question to ask is: " Why an ISO loader in an official firmware ?"

In here is a good question and the assumptions on the subject are on the way. Most probable gives as explanation that Sony will propose to play with downloaded PSP games via its network PSN. Would the era of the GOD (Game one Demand) be on the way?

Zin0099
July 1st, 2007, 08:41
bet you dark alex will make it easier for us to play back ups now* and maybe add the psn to play offical psp games

*Some games break easy so having a back up would be great beacuse one of my games broke it wasn't a big heart break it was just capcom classic collection remixed

pibs
July 1st, 2007, 09:48
Depending on the download speed and price i would consider trying a service of that type. or maybe they will start making games inside pro duos locked and only the prx can read them and start selling them like that. encrypted game memory sticks would help stop piracy for a lil while until they get cracked would stop the excuse of backups to reduce load speeds. just a noob thought :)

razorak
July 1st, 2007, 10:01
flash3?? Oo that sounds good....

Tesseract
July 1st, 2007, 10:49
Hahaha.... Something I posted in another thread about 8 hours prior to this announcement:

I think one thing that would be nifty is if SONY would support UMD Backup in one form or another with official firmware. It wouldn't be that far of a cry from downloading PSX games from the PSNetwork, and would address all the valid reasons that folks generally tend to make legal backups: UMD disc/drive wear and tear, Battery conservation, Convenience.... as well as pave the way for full-game distribution via the PSNetwork.

This combined with an open platform for Homebrew would see a quick cool-down in the 'Firmware War' that folks are so keen on. People who want to pirate are going to find a way to do so. There will be very few ways around this.... But by 'legalising' the main reasons for most of us to be running the custom firmware, SONY could actually regain a lot of control over something they currently are just playing catch-up with.

Spooky.... I'm reading SONY'S mind now....

parkermauney
July 1st, 2007, 16:52
Hm, maybe iso talk will no longer be against the rules! 0_o

Cloudhunter
July 1st, 2007, 18:08
Hm, maybe iso talk will no longer be against the rules! 0_o

Of course it still will be...

It's still using backed up ISO's if it gets hacked.

Cloudy

parkermauney
July 1st, 2007, 20:17
Well, I mean people could talk about the ones they get off of the psn.

splodger15
July 1st, 2007, 21:17
How do we know they have got the got it from PSN I think its best to keep it not allowed

VampDude
July 1st, 2007, 22:10
ISO's should be prohibited full stop!

jedikevin20
July 3rd, 2007, 07:15
Well guys. Very sad day in psp community. 3.50/3.51 oe is a no go. Dark alex putting up his tools. A pretty sad day.

alexvander
August 1st, 2007, 20:06
what is the point in a 3.51 oe when m33 has already made a 3.52? why doest dark alex make a 3.52 instead

xg917
August 1st, 2007, 20:10
dude y did u post in a one month old thread..

hodgy47
August 9th, 2007, 23:05
dude y did u post in a one month old thread..

WHY DID YOU! AND WHY HAVE I.

xg917
August 9th, 2007, 23:08
i did but i didnt bring the thread back to life. and u just did. wtf..
wuts with the caps. i got an infraction for caps on my last post. if u dont get an infraction thats so not fair..

acn010
August 9th, 2007, 23:17
omg... lmao.... stop, its over!!! dead!!! finito!!!!