PDA

View Full Version : PSP DOSBox Build 1.7.2007 - DOS Emulator for PSP

aTomIC
July 1st, 2007, 16:15
Crazy C (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3179&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0) just released a new patch and binary of PSP DOSBox.

- fixed vga splitscreen problem
- keyboard mode can be toggled with ltrig+rtrig+down+select (holler if there are any problems with this, I minimally tested it)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Thanks to EmuNews24 (http://www.emunews24.de/dosemus.html#sony%20psp257) for the News and Eboot :) - wraggster

voorheesda
July 1st, 2007, 20:59
cool....so how good is this DOSbox port working?

hack.fool
July 1st, 2007, 21:22
so sweeet!!

hope soon to see a browser mode implemented
Thanks Crazy C

carlitx
July 1st, 2007, 21:42
does warcraft work full speed?

gelon
July 1st, 2007, 21:57
does warcraft work full speed?

No, it still works slow

Did you read anything about optimizations in the channelog? :rolleyes:

cypressice
July 1st, 2007, 22:15
wow this is the big one im waiting for warcraft would be GREAT or maybe some old C&C

PSPegasus
July 2nd, 2007, 03:08
I'm hanging out to play Space Quest 5 on my PSP :p.
Does anyone know how you type stuff with this emulator? Pressing the buttons usually just results in random numbers or letters. You can't really use DOS without a virtual keyboard :p.

Vangar
July 2nd, 2007, 04:08
Keyboard mode? As in the emulator has a keyboard implementation thats actually usable now?

winxp64
July 2nd, 2007, 05:36
unless im doing something wrong i can't get the keyboard to work :-(

hack.fool
July 2nd, 2007, 06:02
use the keyboard map and with button combo you will be able to type words

PSPegasus
July 2nd, 2007, 08:41
use the keyboard map and with button combo you will be able to type words

How do you do that exactly?

hack.fool
July 2nd, 2007, 11:33
How do you do that exactly?

this a gif of the key combo:

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/1934/psprinthu4.gif

hope you find it usefull :)

sebbe
July 2nd, 2007, 12:02
i use the emulator a lot and it works great on old games like commander keen and games like that

Trim
July 2nd, 2007, 15:18
I am trying to type ":c" to switch the letter drive from the default "Z". I can't seem to get the shift to work. I've tried typing the red arrow after the key combo I want shifted, before the key combo I want shifted, and during the key combo I want shifted. How are you guys getting this to work?

brunobelo
July 2nd, 2007, 18:28
And what about a compatibility list? That would be great...

carlitx
July 2nd, 2007, 19:14
No, it still works slow

Did you read anything about optimizations in the channelog? :rolleyes:

nope never had the time to i was just getting up to go out when i saw this lol

DrNicket
July 2nd, 2007, 20:33
What about DOS games like Tomb Raider? worse than WCI I bet. and X-COM?

blindfold
July 2nd, 2007, 21:35
Thank you!

BTW: To all asking how to run your dos game, how to change directory - Try pack with DN (DosNavigator - a Total Commander grandfather) from previous post: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65494&highlight=dosbox
Just use recent binary (overwrite older file).
BTW2. When I switch keyboard control I can browse directories by cursors.... and play Prince of Persia via Analog Stick!!! :D

Sterist
July 3rd, 2007, 23:03
I am trying to type ":c" to switch the letter drive from the default "Z". I can't seem to get the shift to work. I've tried typing the red arrow after the key combo I want shifted, before the key combo I want shifted, and during the key combo I want shifted. How are you guys getting this to work?

someone plz answer this^

same problem here

NeoDraven
July 3rd, 2007, 23:31
I can get every key combination to work, except for numbers. How do you get the numbers to work, and what do the purple symbols mean?

Balthasar00
July 3rd, 2007, 23:32
someone plz answer this^

same problem here
either you manualy edit the .conf file coming in the release.
mine looks like this :

''
[autoexec]
# Lines in this section will be run at startup.
mount c ms0:/psp/GAME\DOS
dir
''

to do the '':'' thing

1. hold triangle then press up.
2. release triangle than press left.

kodan50
July 4th, 2007, 15:54
umm, left trigger, right trigger, down, and select? Nothing happens, except random lettering, how am I supposed to type with this?

Sylus101
July 8th, 2007, 06:36
The easiest way to run a game is to add lines to the conf file. It's pretty self explanatory. I just added
c:
cd\gamedirectory
gameexe.exe

Worked fine.

By the way, there a tons of games with abandoned licenses (many many for Dos) that you can try out.
http://www.abandonia.com is a great site.

Anyway, the keyboard control uses something called P-Sprint for commands... but even with the directions I found here: http://www.niwra.nl/psp/p-sprint-c/doc/index.htm
I had a very hard time getting things written in.
Once a game starts, it appears to to be pretty hard to get going. The stick did appear to operate the mouse in the game I tried, but I couldn't click.

We could all use a bit more direction in how to use it, or a pop-up keyboard, as there are PLENTY of games old gamers (like me) would love to try out.

kodan50
July 14th, 2007, 15:23
Sorry to resurrect an older thread ..

I downloaded the latest version of Dosbox. Before I saw this page, I had to figure out the keyboard layout, and after about 15 minutes I had most of them written down. Except for a colon, and numbers it seems to work out well. Compatibility wise it is incredible, speed wise it could use some work. All in all this is a wonderful program, and I hope to see more compatibility, and speed optimisations come out of this!

Still thou, how in the bloody heck do you type numbers? :confused:

(Okay, maybe it's not so old ...)

Also, dont you use R and L to click? I think its in the shifted mode. Press R+L_left+start to shift from entry mode to game mode. the 4 shapres seem to be mapped to W, A, S, and D respectively, and in this mode, R is left click and L is right click.

kahdmus
July 17th, 2007, 20:22
what is everyone playing in DosBox? What plays well and what is a bust?

schummy81
July 19th, 2007, 08:59
I'm trying to play the game "Z" from the bitmap brothers, its working on my pc with dosbox but i can't get it fixed on my psp