PDA

View Full Version : 100% No-UMD Functionality

Chameleon
July 1st, 2007, 18:19
Via PSPGen (http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.pspgen.com/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpspgen%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D)

French to English Translation:
D-A and Mathieulh has informed custom that they will soon patch the module np9660.prx discovered in firmware 3.50 and 3.51 so that you' ll Be allowed the uses the loader one uncrypted ISO!!! The advantages of this exploit, savings improving the autonomy of your PSP, namely: battery, drive UMD, etc…

However there will Be one against share in the uses of this mode, in exchange you' ll cuts to wait for the 3.51 OE. Indeed, they need time to patch the ISO Loader to cuts, in the next OE, has 100% functional No UMD mode

DIGG THIS (http://digg.com/gaming_news/Iso_Loader_found_in_Official_Firmware)

http://digg.com/gaming_news/Iso_Loader_found_in_Official_Firmware

Rules Reminder

The news of this ISO Loader from Sony doesnt mean we condone piracy and downloading of Sony PSP Isos, if the Loader is to be used as a way of loading your own games onto a mem stick then that is fair enough. Please remember that the downloading of ISOs kills off the very console your a fan of. Piracy is bad for all.

Man
July 1st, 2007, 18:42
lol the french to english translation blows, but this is exiting, now people wont have to pay for UMDS, like the 5-10 that i now have sitting in my desk.

ICE
July 1st, 2007, 19:19
lol yay piracy?

mcdougall57
July 1st, 2007, 19:26
yeah this is great news especially since my umd drive is absolutely knacked

BrooksyX
July 1st, 2007, 19:56
This is good news for me too, my umd drive doesn't work either.

g00gy
July 1st, 2007, 20:41
sounds excellent, this will improve battery time :D

The_Ultimate_Eggman
July 1st, 2007, 20:45
Cool thxs $$$ONY lol.....

parkermauney
July 1st, 2007, 20:50
YAYAYAYAY!

Gimme gimme gimme!

God I can't wait.
Everytime sony makes a new feature they're just asking for it to be cracked.

tallica
July 1st, 2007, 20:52
sweet

-Xandu-
July 1st, 2007, 20:55
Doesn't OE firmwares already have ISO loaders? What's the point of this "patching"?

Chameleon
July 1st, 2007, 20:57
No umd mode in the current OE is very unstable... this will give it the boost it needs

Buddy4point0
July 1st, 2007, 21:08

me neither! i didnt realize so many people have the problem

mike_jmg
July 1st, 2007, 21:11
WOW!! great, more speed, less battery
I luv ma psp

-Xandu-
July 1st, 2007, 21:12
No umd mode in the current OE is very unstable... this will give it the boost it needs
I see. But what does NO UMD mode differ from normal ISO loading?

burrito
July 1st, 2007, 21:16
I see. But what does NO UMD mode differ from normal ISO loading? How does NO UMD work?
Normal iso loading requires a umd in your psp, and a working umd drive.
No-umd doesn't require a umd or working umd drive, has faster loading times, and uses less battery.

-Xandu-
July 1st, 2007, 21:18
Normal iso loading requires a umd in your psp, and a working umd drive.
No-umd doesn't require a umd or working umd drive, has faster loading times, and uses less battery.

I see, thanks for the heads up.

V3N0M
July 1st, 2007, 21:35
Ever since my PSP fell in the water ( Fell out of my pocket into a River ) the UMD drive never worked the same and eventually craped out on me.. Thank god for custom firmware. Plus my PSP will work even better with the exception of the UMD drive now that "No-UMD" mode will be at 100%.

DarthPaul
July 1st, 2007, 22:01
Aaahhh!! I knew that this prx found was gonna help improve the compatibility. And now boom! 100% of NO-UMD mode! I'm almost crying[no joke].
I remember that when they announced that 3.50 OE was coming I wasn't excited. For the fact that Sony didn't add anything good to the original firmware,and I thought that Dark_AleX couldn't add any good new feature to his Custom firmware thanks to the full Flash0 problem. But now this... :thumbup:
Sony is helping Dark_AleX make his firmware undirectly.

Cokemusic
July 1st, 2007, 22:12
My UMD drive is also dead so I can't downgrade.

But i'll probably be sending it to fanjita to see if he can help me out.

DarthPaul
July 1st, 2007, 22:18
My UMD drive is also dead so I can't downgrade.

But i'll probably be sending it to fanjita to see if he can help me out.

That just gave me an idea.
Maybe,with this Iso Loader thing in official firmwares we could run the Iso of let's say GTA or Lumines,and downgrade without the UMD. :p

tyranos
July 1st, 2007, 22:37
what i think is meant by this no umd mode is that u wont have the stupid umd drive loading everytime u do something or quit a game , and maybe that will save battery and somehting else :)

mcdougall57
July 1st, 2007, 23:11
Doesn't OE firmwares already have ISO loaders? What's the point of this "patching"?

so that people with broken umd drives can still load their own backups with them all working completely

Shiori
July 1st, 2007, 23:34
"Ever since my PSP fell in the water"

Mine did that too. Its fine. :D

My psp also fell on concrete, just sanded it and its fine.

This is nice, because UMD's are flimsy, and people are stupid. Ya' know, those idoits who drop psp's on concrete. :) And it means sony plans on selling psp games electronicaly.

burrito
July 1st, 2007, 23:38
Maybe,with this Iso Loader thing in official firmwares we could run the Iso of let's say GTA or Lumines,and downgrade without the UMD. :p
Do you really think that Sony will sell a downloade-able unpatched GTA or unpatched Lumines?

DarthPaul
July 2nd, 2007, 00:01
Do you really think that Sony will sell a downloade-able unpatched GTA or unpatched Lumines?

Not really. But there are a lot more sources to download from...*whistling*
And that was just an idea. ;)

parkermauney
July 2nd, 2007, 00:07
Yeah, but you can't load unencrypted isos on an official fw psp.

Veskgar
July 2nd, 2007, 00:15
YES! YES! and... YES! This is one of those amazing Dark_AleX breakthroughs that makes me appreciate OE firmware even more. The way he uses new stuff SONY adds and modifies it for homebrew use and unlocks even more freedom is brilliant. Beyond brilliant actually.

Its nice to finally be aware of what has been keeping Dark_AleX so busy. Remember not to long ago there was a hint on PSPGen that something BIG, REALLY big would be announced in the next month or 2? Well this might be it seeing that 3.50 is where the "ISO Loading" .prx first made its appearance. And 3.50 has been out for about a month now.

Unless there is ANOTHER big surprise in the works....

I haven't been using NoUMD only because the compatibility is not the greatest and its a pain to keep switching NoUMD on/off in recovery. So I just keep a UMD in the drive. But in my opinion its so much better not having to have the UMD in the drive. It does seem to load faster and battery life is preserved. Very minimal, I know, but battery life is precious on a PSP.

Basically, 100% NoUMD compatibility is one of the greatest things to have on OE. Not because I am too cheap to buy a UMD (I have many) but because it further increases the efficiency of a homebrew-enabled PSP.

The way SONY has it coded is that it would only allow playing of encrypted Playstation store game downloads. But with this feature unlocked, we can still head out to the store to buy the game (I like having the package, case, manual, etc.) and then we can back our own UMD's up and utilize the NoUMD support. Neat huh? I hope this once and for all ends comments basically saying anyone who uses a UMD ISO is a pirate. And its gonna kill the PSP and blah blah blah.... That is not true. In fact, it only helps the PSP.

I sorta see what you are saying but it would not work. The reason is because if you had a downgradable PSP still on SONY firmware (3.50), it would not be capable of loading unencrypted ISO's which is what you get when you back up UMD's yourself. Its sort of like what Dark_AleX did with the POPS emulator. You would not be able to play your own home made PS1 EBOOT games on official SONY firmware. But OE unlocks that.

DarthPaul
July 2nd, 2007, 00:22
Oh yeah. Thanks Veskgar,now I see clearly these guys' point.
And I totally forgot about that "BIG THING" coming in the next few months as announced. Yeah,maybe this is it.

mcdougall57
July 2nd, 2007, 00:42
I hope this once and for all ends comments basically saying anyone who uses a UMD ISO is a pirate. And its gonna kill the PSP and blah blah blah.... That is not true. In fact, it only helps the PSP.

yeah i agree and usually pirates were never gonna buy the game in the first place so no loss for sony

Solidsnake3000
July 2nd, 2007, 00:46
Yeah I seriously don't get this I can already load Iso's from the ISO folder so what does this mean? all I Know is the no umd thing witch is ok in my book

well what i really hope for is a way to get my psp working with xlink kai i have the linksys model WRT54GS ver 6 witch I heard was not compatible with xlink kai only versions 1-3 but i hope some one can fix that

DarthPaul
July 2nd, 2007, 00:50
Yeah I seriously don't get this I can already load Iso's from the ISO folder so what does this mean? all I Know is the no umd thing witch is ok in my book

This No-UMD 100% Functionality is here thanks to the prx found inside the officials 3.50 and 3.51. Read more Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/iso-loader-found-in-new-official-firmwares-67431.html).

psp_sfdm
July 2nd, 2007, 00:55

Just read the first post on the first page. (HINT: ISO compatibility ;) )

jmendes
July 2nd, 2007, 02:16
Just remember: support the developers so that they can continue to make games. Donīt be an ass.

xg917
July 2nd, 2007, 02:25
Sony.. is.. OFFICIALLY A DUMBASS COMPANY! lol
first they give use the ps1 emulator which was cracked eventually, and now.. even them knowing that we can run isos they give us an iso loader that is better and has been cracked already, what is sony thinking. next thing you know they give us the chance to play ps3 games on our psp and we crack that. COME ON! LMAO

urherenow
July 2nd, 2007, 03:15

Don't even think about it. That's EXACTLY how I bricked my first PSP (now working after a motherboard change). Never mess with a firmware update from an ISO.

And while we're on this subject... Doesn't this make the subject of UMD dumping legit? Face it, no-UMD compatability is all about running your legally owned ISO's but whomever the "BAN HAMMER" is locked a thread I started just a day or so ago. Anyway my whole discovery was that ALL UMD dumping software I've tried will not work using an 8GB memory stick. Keep that in mind (don't get rid of your 4 gig sticks) until one is made to use the 3.40 or 3.51 kernel instead of the 1.5 kernel.

Mister Klownes
July 2nd, 2007, 03:40
Holy freaking nuts, that's awesome. This is splendid news for those of us who have UMD drives on the fritz. I have to sit there opening and closing mine until it loads properly, and even then, it's a gambit whether or not it'll keep working. Hoorah for these magnificent men and their constant efforts to improve.

lplover2k
July 2nd, 2007, 05:11
wow cool!!! this will save battery time :) well done!!!

psp411
July 2nd, 2007, 05:50
this is great news... ive been looking for this for a loong time :D... even tho i play my dbz shin budokai: another road as an iso using no-umd to save battery life(umd case is cracked and i play that game for hrs literally hahah), my other games (i.e megaman maverick hunters, gta:lcs) wont play w/o a umd... so instead of taking up space on my memorystick, ill just use the umd itself... now that this might come to pass, i can actually use my backups...hopefully all before i leave for my vacation :D :cool:

shist
July 2nd, 2007, 11:11
cool .. that might allow me to play GTA-VCS without the UMD .. coz its the only game that doesn't play using my iso's .. unless i put the UMD . using 3.40OE-A custom firmware. anyway i finished the game but still i like to play it frequently.

b_simpson1999
July 2nd, 2007, 12:02
well i have 2 umd's that are broke but i backed them up before this (i backed all my umd because i knew something like this might happend) and I use devhook runing iso via usb cos my 3.40OE-A doesn't seem to like iso much lol so hope 3.51OE-A will make my iso a bit more workable lol

quzar
July 2nd, 2007, 12:15

This is good news for me too, my umd drive doesn't work either.

me neither! i didnt realize so many people have the problem

Ever since my PSP fell in the water ( Fell out of my pocket into a River ) the UMD drive never worked the same and eventually craped out on me.. Thank god for custom firmware. Plus my PSP will work even better with the exception of the UMD drive now that "No-UMD" mode will be at 100%.

So, how is it exactly that you all plan on dumping ISOs of these games that you "own" onto a memory stick if your UMD drives no long work?

tvrstl
July 2nd, 2007, 12:28
So, how is it exactly that you all plan on dumping ISOs of these games that you "own" onto a memory stick if your UMD drives no long work?

just a question, don't get angry!

Isn't it Legal to download an Iso of a game you allready have, but can't get to work??

quzar
July 2nd, 2007, 12:35
just a question, don't get angry!

Isn't it Legal to download an Iso of a game you allready have, but can't get to work??

Not at all. It's barely legal (that is some will argue that it is not, but it is mostly seen to be fine) to backup your own games.

the_eternal_dark
July 2nd, 2007, 14:16
Lol... Save battery time... Load your own backups... You all are joking right? You do realize that 95% of the PSP users here pirate, right? You all are grasping with those 2 defenses to condone piracy.

Shiesty
July 2nd, 2007, 21:51

lol @ u

get those nasty piraters

Veskgar
July 2nd, 2007, 22:19
Rules Reminder

The news of this ISO Loader from Sony doesnt mean we condone piracy and downloading of Sony PSP Isos, if the Loader is to be used as a way of loading your own games onto a mem stick then that is fair enough.

That is in fact very fair. This site has come a long way in embracing all of PSP homebrew instead of just selectively embracing what is and isn't acceptable. I think this site has gotten much better and is definitely the best homebrew community out there. There was a time not too long ago when we could not discuss DevHook, and other similar homebrew solutions. Only with Dark_AleX's OE custom firmware has it become finally acknowledged and accepted that playing game backups off memory stick is a very nice homebrew solution to playing commercial games.

Lol... Save battery time... Load your own backups... You all are joking right? You do realize that 95% of the PSP users here pirate, right? You all are grasping with those 2 defenses to condone piracy.

That is very condescending and I bitterly disagree with your negative portrayal of the PSP homebrew community. Seeing that most homebrew users have OE firmware on their PSP and because you posted this in a thread related to Dark_AleX & custom firmware, in a nutshell and in not so many words, you are stating that pretty much all of OE firmware users are pirates thus making Dark_AleX the enabler of piracy.

And what do you know, now Dark_AleX is leaving the scene. Highly suspected to be due to pressure from SONY or a sudden threat by SONY.

So way to go to all who love to scream out "PIRACY" when it comes to PSP homebrew, custom firmware, etc.

Kakkaman
July 2nd, 2007, 22:25
Hope they get it to work...
this sounds great!
more battery time :):) :) :)

parkermauney
July 2nd, 2007, 23:41
Well, so much for this.

**** you, sony.

V3N0M
July 3rd, 2007, 00:28

That’s our quzar always trying to start something because he has nothing better to do.. :rolleyes: FYI My brother has a PSP that he lets me use. Oh and I made a thread for some advice on what to do after my PSP fell into some water. Here have a look for yourself.. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61439 This proves that I didn't come up with some BS excuse about my UMD drive being broken. I've mentioned problems with my UMD drive quite a few times. Hell I've been thinking about sending it in to get it fixed by PSPdemon. So feel free to ask him if I'm lying before you create another post once again trying to prove your views on the matter.

mcdougall57
July 3rd, 2007, 01:28

i admit i have done my fair share of pirating but my brother has a functioning oe psp which i use to backup my games

quzar
July 3rd, 2007, 04:10
That’s our quzar always trying to start something because he has nothing better to do.. :rolleyes: FYI My brother has a PSP that he lets me use. Oh and I made a thread for some advice on what to do after my PSP fell into some water. Here have a look for yourself.. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61439 This proves that I didn't come up with some BS excuse about my UMD drive being broken. I've mentioned problems with my UMD drive quite a few times. Hell I've been thinking about sending it in to get it fixed by PSPdemon. So feel free to ask him if I'm lying before you create another post once again trying to prove your views on the matter.

I never meant to imply that these people did not have broken UMD drives, and to infer that from my post is to miss the point entirely. What I meant to force the question of is: "If your UMD drive is broken, how do you plan to dump your games?". Which I believe is quite what I said.

I resent your personal attack on me, as I have many better things to do, I simply choose to slum it by posting here and ferreting out the pirates who say stupid stuff. It's one thing to pirate and simply not talk about it at all. It's another thing to flaunt the fact with little things that can be explained away after the fact.

Do you think every other person I quoted has a brother with a PSP?

shango46
July 3rd, 2007, 06:05
Well, this would have been a very cool feature. I wonder if this will even see the light of day now that Dark_AleX has left the scene.

V3N0M
July 3rd, 2007, 06:23
I never meant to imply that these people did not have broken UMD drives, and to infer that from my post is to miss the point entirely. What I meant to force the question of is: "If your UMD drive is broken, how do you plan to dump your games?". Which I believe is quite what I said.

I resent your personal attack on me, as I have many better things to do, I simply choose to slum it by posting here and ferreting out the pirates who say stupid stuff. It's one thing to pirate and simply not talk about it at all. It's another thing to flaunt the fact with little things that can be explained away after the fact.

Do you think every other person I quoted has a brother with a PSP?

quzar I was merely responding to the way you posted that comment. You gave a list of names which by the way you worded it implied that everyone on that list was a no good pirate ( Believe me I have no doubt in my mind that some possibly are pirates ) It offended me to see my name on that list with the same indication associated with my name.

They're other methods to make back-ups of UMDs you ‘own’ without a working UMD drive on your PSP. In my case I have a brother that lets me borrow his on occasion. Others may have friends who let them borrow their PSPs. It’s also very likely that some had made all their back-ups before their UMD drive went out. This would be wisest thing to do after getting a game, to insure you will have a working copy in the event the game or in this case UMD drive receives damage rendering it incapable of working.

As for the personal attack I am sorry and very well may have overreacted but after examining your post and understanding where it was you were getting at, you had to of known it was coming. This will be the last comment I have on this topic. As I am not looking for a fight and know that changing your views on this issue would result in nothing more than me receiving infractions or a temporary ban. A wise man once told me -"Don't butt heads with the people that carry out the law" and that’s exactly what I'm going to do. :p

cartmandude14
July 3rd, 2007, 06:26
umm you freakin backup the game as soon as u get it... chances are... ull have a few games backup up by the time ur psp breaks... if it does :eek:

punkonjunk
July 4th, 2007, 23:35
So is this concept dead, or postponed since Dark-Alex's leaving?

mcdougall57
July 5th, 2007, 00:46
id say it was dead

parkermauney
July 5th, 2007, 01:02
It's dead for now.